Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

For those of you having issues getting "Green" releases in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER mode, Kspadetheprospect has posted some good news for you.

If this doesn't work for you or you have some other tips on getting "Green" releases in MyCAREER mode, please post them here.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 13CB55 @ 11/29/14 09:16 AM
even if some can hit green with him, my issue with the korver (or klay thompson) shot is...he is one of the best 3 point shooters in the nba. his window to hit green should not be so small.

i mainly play mycareer, so i didnt know bout "broken shots" before i read it here. broken might be the wrong word too. you can still hit with him several times with a b+ shot.
maybe its me and i just cant master his shot, but i have taken over 250 shots with him and the only time i got a green release was when i was near the paint.
im way better with so many lower rated guys. so some kind of issue does exist with couple of shots, imho.

# 82 Nevertheles109 @ 11/29/14 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Just so we are clear. I wouldnt call you a lie. Don't know anything about you so as far as I am concerned you are 100. I only speak about what I am 100 percent sure of. I should do a better job at not directing my posts at you. I know that the shot releases differ from one console to the other so it wouldnt be unreasonable to belive that we are shooting from different rosters or different shots. That was my point. Not to accuse you of anything.
It's all good, man. Even though you created a list of why my video was trash but seriously I watched your video...

I didn't see you load up any roster in the beginning but truthfully, I don't care. The shot looks the same so that's all that matters to me. I watched about two minutes of you shootings; this is gonna be piss you off (and I may be wrong) but to me, it looks like your off by a millisecond. When you were shooting those slightly lates and they were dropping, if you would release just a LITTLE earlier I'm confident a few would be goochie.

I remember when I used to play Mortal Kombat back in the days and I could never string together combos and finishing moves like my friends but if we put on NFL Blitz, it was a wrap! I guess my point is, we all have our strong and weak points...

# 83 alabamarob @ 11/29/14 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Ignorance is bliss my man. No dispespect but I told you what roster was used and in my second post I told what his shot form was. No worries though, It will happen, again. Funny enough, I had it recording with me loading up the 11/9 2Kroster but then my connect called so I had to restart with it already loaded up.

I don't have time to lie on 2K bro, that's silly as hell. I wish you would just take my word but I got you, again.
Just so we are clear. I wouldnt call you a lie. Don't know anything about you so as far as I am concerned you are 100. I only speak about what I am 100 percent sure of. I should do a better job at not directing my posts at you. I know that the shot releases differ from one console to the other so it wouldnt be unreasonable to belive that we are shooting from different rosters or different shots. That was my point. Not to accuse you of anything.

So just like xbox one and ps4 current 2k rosters are allegedly the same they are not when it comes to shot releases. On my twitch page I show the difference between the two consoles with allegedly the same rosters. Milsap, carroll and antic can get perfect on xbox but not ps4. Thabo can get green on ps4 but not xbox one.

# 84 Nevertheles109 @ 11/29/14 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13CB55
even if some can hit green with him, my issue with the korver (or klay thompson) shot is...he is one of the best 3 point shooters in the nba. his window to hit green should not be so small.

i mainly play mycareer, so i didnt know bout "broken shots" before i read it here. broken might be the wrong word too. you can still hit with him several times with a b+ shot.
maybe its me and i just cant master his shot, but i have taken over 250 shots with him and the only time i got a green release was when i was near the paint.
im way better with so many lower rated guys. so some kind of issue does exist with couple of shots, imho.
I agree, it should not be really hard with elite shooters like Klay and Korver. If anything, they should be the easiest. Agree 1000%. The shot meter is not broken but it definitely needs to be tuned more, that's a fact.

# 85 stillfeelme @ 11/29/14 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBa17
Since when did "I can't hit this shot" become "the shot is broken"?

And "You can hit the shot" become "you are editing and cheating"?

Some of you lot never would have lasted in the Nintendo/Sega days, lol.
I get your point but download the latest roster and shoot with Korver from 3pt land on HOF Sim and see if you get a green excellent release. Something is wrong with getting a perfect release with a bunch of players when you go to HOF Sim and shoot from three. You can call it glitching, broken but he isn't using the latest roster though that's clear.

Releases are not that hard to figure out at least to me 5 minutes you can figure them out even harder ones. I can get green releases with him on close shots on HOF Sim.

The reason why anyone brings it up is because it puts your team at a disadvantage when playing someone or the CPU in a game. Korver basically becomes a below average shooter if you are very good say 30% because he can't get perfect releases. On HOF you miss many more slightly late or early on the white line releases. So Korver isn't a weapon more like just another player out there. We are talking arguably the 2nd best shooter in the NBA becoming a brickfest shooter.

If Nevertheles109 downloads the latest roster updates he will be in the same issue everyone else is at.

I think 2k knows something is bugged but I don't chalk it up to the shot meter the shot forms are the problem. Another thing that I wouldn't call glitched but some guys who can dunk in game but can't dunk in practice. Darren Collison can dunk in game but if I go to practice freestyle and try to dunk he will not dunk Kyrie is another one, and Korver lol

# 86 Nevertheles109 @ 11/29/14 05:32 PM
Just letting everybody know I may not be updating my roster this evening. Cold as hell out there and I ain't THAT motivated, especially after work.

Don't worry though, I'll probably do it tomorrow after I get my coffee in me. Ahh days like this I wish my stingy *** got some Internet..

# 87 2_headedmonster @ 11/30/14 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyProdigy
I agree with this post. Getting a green with Korver on Superstar & Hall of Fame is impossible.
Ive done it. Took waaay too many tries, but I took it as a personal challenge lol

# 88 2_headedmonster @ 11/30/14 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I appreciate the video, but it didnt prove anything to me.

1. I dont know if that is korvers unedited real shot.
2. Dont know if that is an offical 2k roster.
3. I can go edit korvers shot and get 100 green releases right now.
4. I dont think you are lying you just arent shooting with the current 2k roster korver release everyone else is.
5. If you use korvers real shot on the 2k roster you cant get green.
6. Other members of the forum have already changed glitched and broken shots to shots that are almost identical and got green. You cant see the difference on the shots but the shots are not the same.
7. So I appreciate the video but watching the video i suspect its not the same shot.

To be clear none of this is aimed at you homeboy. I don't do internet negativity and wouldn't hate on you for what you seem to honestly believe. I have already posted videos of korvers shot. I will do one more just for you. And in the video I will show the roster file and the settings before i shoot. You showed the settings but you were probably shooting with an altered shot that is different then the one korver currently has. Now had you shown a current 2k roster file and then a green release I would shut up and agree with you. But that won't happen.
You really fighting this L. Maybe dude just has a knack for this. Only thing you should have asked was what was Korver's base and form if you had doubts. But to say it proved nothing, and to follow that with a laundry list make you seem like a turn-the-playstation-off-with-30secs-left-in-the-fourth type of dude.

That said, I do feel many releases, Korver included are more difficult than the design intended them to be.

# 89 alabamarob @ 11/30/14 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Ive done it. Took waaay too many tries, but I took it as a personal challenge lol
I would definetly playshare with anyone who says they have hit a green three with korver on hof. I dont think its possible on the official 2k ps4 roster I currently have. One of the great features of playshare.

Also, the shot is the same release timing no matter where I shoot it from. So if I can get 4 out of 10 perfect releases on close shots then obviously I shoul be able to get one from mid or three. Its the exact same shot.

# 90 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/02/14 10:05 PM
Never mind......

# 91 shegotgame @ 12/03/14 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyProdigy
The higher the rating, the quicker the release, the lower the rating, the slower the release, that way it'll be harder for a Tony Wroten or Will Bynum to shoot like a Steve Novak or Steph Curry

Official word or trial and error?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 92 DaWarrior @ 12/06/14 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277
Hof players wanted challenge, well there you go.
It looks like you have to be perfect or master your shot.

Michael Jordan depended on hitting (green's) to win championship's.

Dude still saying this was intended? for 180 players to be broken on HOF and many who are great shooters. There is no pattern to who and why EXCEPT for the shotbases that are broke.

why even have ratings if you just break players and make them broke. and oh yea lets just do it on HOF sim lol there are a few on SS that are broke. If this was an issue as much in SS it would be more trouble b/c it would affect quick matches online etc so more people would see it. Lets not pretend this game doesnt have gameplay issues now or in the past. this is just another bug and i doubt they fix it.

# 93 DaWarrior @ 12/06/14 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Yeah I don't know if broken is the right word I usually just say the shot is glitched. Meaning it aint working like they planned it to. Something is definitely up though you are the only one I saw that was able to get green release from three with him. I have not heard a dev come in and say something is wrong one way or another but this is usually where they would come in and say something. Most of the people that play HOF sim are usually online league players and guys who play for 12 minutes played countless games with teams vs other humans. They practice know the teams know the releases. Like I said I still can't get a green release with a many players Korver is one of them. Releases are not that hard to get after 5 minutes or so if you are not getting green perfect shots something is up. I usually take longer than though like 15minutes

you can get green with anyone in HOF - as long as you are moving enough to kick in moving shot ratings. standings are busted. if you pump fake to ensure you arent moving and that you will use standing those 180 players are busted.

*edit - i will say i have only played on xb1. i'm tempted to see if i can redbox a ps4 version to see if same issue. i assume it is there.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/247255539/2k15-brokenshots

# 94 DaWarrior @ 12/06/14 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
A man is only as good as his word. I knew I got this new phone for a reason! Let me know if it works but here you go. Same form you guys have with Korver?

http://youtu.be/86gd3s9hL28

can you video tape you selecting 2k official roster next time. just saying. our league made a fixed shotbase roster so broke players can get green and not clank nonstop as well. also be sure not to move - moving enough to kick in moving ratings will let you get green.

# 95 DaWarrior @ 12/06/14 01:16 PM
Quote:
Let this be known, Hof is Hof there's no red carpet here, avery thing is hard play at your own risks.

And yes I agree, shot base are mystery?
lol come on bro, thats just stupid logic! just because they nerf'd something doesnt mean its intended that way for the sake of being hard. if they make something hard by randomly messing up shotbases then that sad and lazy programming.

# 96 DaWarrior @ 12/06/14 01:34 PM
Quote:
I said, i agreed with you on the shot base. but hof is harder to do certain things easily.
biggest difference i notice besides this issue is the defense. HOF defense isnt as stupid and thats why i want to use it. I just really wish this was fixed. i am trying not to get my hopes up w/this upcoming patch either. owell. there is always next year.

# 97 DaWarrior @ 12/06/14 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetTheBoysShoot
I've gotten PRs with players on this list
yea some have been fixed since during sig shot changes...also a few others not on the list broken in the same fashion. i'm also wondering if its different between consoles. i use xb1.

# 98 Coach2K @ 12/06/14 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I have a question for everyone struggling.
1. Are you against adjusting the shot sliders or do you want things to work right out the box?
2. Are Signature shots still important to you?

Has to be out of the box. When I play other people in play with friends mode, it's the only option.

# 99 capitolrf @ 12/06/14 09:11 PM
Quote:
I have a question for everyone struggling.
1. Are you against adjusting the shot sliders or do you want things to work right out the box?
2. Are Signature shots still important to you?

If you play online you have to be against adjusting sliders, if your playing the CPU adjust away. But, adjusting sliders is just a crutch, whatever you can't do adjust a slider to compensate then you never get better in my opinion.

Signature shots is cool for the looks. But I'd rather have shots that work across the board (according to the ratings of course). If everyone has to have the same shot in order to achieve this, so be it. Didn't take away from Live 95 & Coach K back in the day. I'm old school it's all about having good game play than fancy add-ons & features that don't even work.

# 100 DaWarrior @ 12/06/14 11:13 PM
Quote:
I like having the option of sliders. I don't think any sports will play great out of the box for everyone because we all have different tastes on how we like games to play
i wish online leagues had adjustable sliders. they take away an option every year for leagues lol we lucky if they even report games.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.