Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Things are bad when you’re practically begging for the CPU to put up a stop.

It was the 12th time that drive I had run the same play: HB Dive right up the center. My Eagles had a significant lead, and I wanted the opposing defense to force me to pass the ball. As you may have already guessed, that never came to fruition.

On that 12th play, LeSean McCoy cruised into the endzone for a touchdown. Why was it so easy? Because despite my repetition in the playcalling, the CPU refused to stack the box. Better yet, they would often spread their defensive line in a QB contain. Why? Why wouldn’t they try and stop me, when I’m making it so very easy for them?

The answer is simple: Madden’s AI doesn’t adapt. This is more prevalent in the playcalling than anywhere else, and it’s especially noticeable as the game carries on. No matter the score, no matter the time left on the clock, the CPU fails to adapt defensively.

What a shame it is, that in the year 2014 we still have to abide by house rules and dumb ourselves down to the CPU’s level.

It’s 2014, and Madden’s AI is still wrong.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 simcity24 @ 11/25/14 05:32 PM
I like the picture that says corner the market and refuse to innovate because that is the number one problem with the Madden franchise. They have no comp so they literally fail to put things in the game or fix elements of the game that are glaring issues for everyday gamers.

The only thing we can do is adjust sliders. I personally have found a set of sliders that fit me, to make every game losable but still win most games with a good team (CFM - Seahawks). Turn down tackling, turn up blocking, decrease defensive reaction time, coverage, and interceptions. Next I think I will have to decrease CPU QB accuracy but I don't because then every game will be too easy to win.

# 22 simcity24 @ 11/25/14 05:33 PM
The challenge system is totally broken they might as well remove it if they cant make it work better than this. Every challenged play is pre determined and the same either way its easily a fumble way after player hits the ground or it isnt even challenged.

Penalties are a joke. I have to turn them up but even with Pass interference set to 85, its never called. Guess I'll try for 100 lol

# 23 bxgoods @ 11/25/14 06:04 PM
I didn't notice this, I think the AI is too hard to be honest. Especially playing on All Maddden, I get my butt handed to me by the CPU.

# 24 4thQtrStre5S @ 11/25/14 06:19 PM
Seems the higher the level, "All-Pro," and "All-Madden" the more AI is manipulated and potentially more rigid...Maybe people should give "Pro" a try and just adjust sliders? I know you can make "Pro" very difficult; seems at times people play on "all-Madden" because it is believed that makes them appear to be the best of the best players...Like teen boys joining the Marines because that is supposed to be the truly manly military outfit...

# 25 zxcgngh @ 11/26/14 08:37 AM
Is that on All pro or All Madden?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.