Home
NHL 15 News Post

Electronic Arts recently emailed select NHL 15 owners a survey that asks for feedback on this year's game and attempts to judge fans' interest in a few potential features for NHL 16.

Forum user NJDEVIL30274 posted a cell phone screen capture of the survey on Electronic Arts' official forums, showing some of the new features that the company is considering:

GM Connected, the 180-player online franchise mode that debuted in NHL 13 and was dropped from the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One editions of NHL 15, is disappointingly absent from this list. Though given EA's statements on the mode's metrics during a public Q&A that was conducted back in August, its absence is perhaps expected.

It's no surprise, either, to see Ultimate Team receiving so much attention, since EA continues to tout it as the series' most-played mode. Recent earnings reports have placed Hockey Ultimate Team's year-over-year digital revenue gains at 50% and 113% for the first two fiscal quarters of 2015.

The return of the EA Sports Hockey League (which also brings in digital revenue via paid attribute boosts) seems inevitable, and will likely win back some fans who skipped NHL 15. Rebuilding old modes from past titles, however, may not be enough to reverse the franchise's negative momentum in North America, where retail sales have decreased every season since NHL 11.

Surely EA will have some bigger surprises to share with its fanbase by the time E3 arrives next June.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Griffey30 @ 02/04/15 06:01 PM
if nhl could get a madden type owner mode I would jump for joy. I would love for them to shoot for a mvp 2005 type owner mode since that was the best owner mode ever created

# 82 kyussmanchu @ 02/04/15 06:17 PM
GAMEFACE FFS!!! We've been asking for this damn feature for over a decade!!!! Make a poper Be a Player/Pro mode...

# 83 RicoLaguno @ 02/22/15 05:16 PM
Sorry, havent read thru this entire thread, but early on I saw alot of people requesting NHL16 to add multi team user control GM Mode. I also very much want this as well so I can randomly play different games on the schedule around the league like in MLB the Show and other sports games......

Did EA mention if they would add this?

I also would love to bring back create a team and player and be able to customize my Franchise with different teams/created teams/teams from other leagues, etc if I want to.

# 84 LaserDekes @ 04/06/15 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
For the love of god.....FOCUS ON NHL HOCKEY!!!! (THAT'S THE NAME OF THE FLIPPING GAME)

Exhibition
Season
Franchise
If you want to add an international mode...... fine, that would be great.....even coach mode would be fine

Give those modes with online and offline capability and people will be happy!!!

If we want to race zambonis we can buy one of the countless driving game.....AGAIN, FOCUS ON FLIPPING HOCKEY!!!!

Allow us to edit players........just take a look at MLB The Show and the way those devs work with the community and focus on the sport and the realism.....your focus should be on nothing other than improving the on ice product and realism.....STOP WITH THE GIMMICKS

Allow us to edit players, equipment, etc.

JUST FOCUS ON HOCKEY!!!!!!!!

It's so simple......why do they make it so difficult.....90% of your customer base buys the game to play hockey and do things like franchises
That's what they did last year and everyone hated it.

# 85 LaserDekes @ 04/06/15 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
If it didn't take longer to propose a trade then to actually play the game, people would use the mode.
^this guy gets it

# 86 Syzchmenev @ 04/07/15 05:50 AM
The Spotify can help to use own songs in game?I found Blackhawks goal horn in Spotify..

# 87 Södy @ 04/08/15 05:38 AM
all HUT additions listed would be great. Play a friend is a must for me aswell as a Web App!

EASHL has to be in ofcourse. I can live without the other features even though create my team I play for would be a nice addition. Definetly not a must have though.

Zamboni racing and big head hockey would be great if friends come over.

# 88 s_mkheidze @ 04/08/15 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Södy
all HUT additions listed would be great. Play a friend is a must for me aswell as a Web App!

EASHL has to be in ofcourse. I can live without the other features even though create my team I play for would be a nice addition. Definetly not a must have though.

Zamboni racing and big head hockey would be great if friends come over.

Personally...I would prefer that they include stuff that is actually hockey related....not all this fluff.

# 89 BenjaminZimmermann @ 04/21/15 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
World Cup of Hockey with authentic teams is intriguing.
I would like EA Sports to change all of the goal horns and goal songs to the actual goal horns and songs for all of the teams this season.

# 90 Money99 @ 04/21/15 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mkheidze
Personally...I would prefer that they include stuff that is actually hockey related....not all this fluff.
I agree.
If it's going to be off-ice stuff, then I would like to see the following:
- New commentators
- More stat overlays
- More dynamic commentary including chatting about things occurring around the league
- advanced scouting reports on players and teams
- Highlights from around the league
- Weekly highlight show
- Full team celebrations (not off ice I know, but non-hockey related)
- World Championships
- Olympics every 4 seasons
- Continuous seasons ala The Show. I don't even bother with franchise modes now because I know in 12 months I have to start over.
But the other reason I don't bother with Franchise is because it's not deep enough. Therefore:
- Deep Franchise mode:
- Being hired and fired by teams
- Having to work up from Junior for an NHL job
- starting in Europe
- build new rinks
- move teams to new cities
- Player personalities. Are they angry, upset, happy - which all affects team chemistry (MVP2004 had this. Loved it).
- rivalries between players.
- player popularity. Trade a fan favourite and watch ticket sales go down. This might mean you have to really think before making deals or rebuilding.
- hold outs.

I'd also like the My Player mode to be more indepth. Perhaps even incorporate the European leagues as well.
Guys like Rafalski had to go overseas to get their breaks. Maybe you do too if you go undrafted or underappreciated.
Or heck, how about starting a career as a Swedish or Russian player and having to cut it in the SEL or KHL?

They have all the licenses to these various pro leagues but don't really use them well enough.

# 91 Södy @ 04/22/15 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mkheidze
Don't get me wrong I prefer better on ice mechanics over the zamboni and big head thing by a lot.

# 92 canucksss @ 04/22/15 05:46 PM
Watching playoffs makes me angry, not because Canucks is losing to Flames, but the intensity in the playoffs is ABSENT IN EA NHL. For a long period of time, EA's NHL playoff difference from regular season games are: (1) Playoff written on ice (2) Towel wave (3) Team jersey being worn by the fans.

What are missing: (1) Intense defence in the NZ (2) Bone crushing hits (3) Forechecks that could really influence a turn-over, etc.

EA's NHL is so weak! Please do not add more fancies, just add realism by improving the gameplay, player and team differentiation, intensity etc. I dont give a damn if you add 1000 faces to the crowds but still the old freaking faces to choose from when creating a player. WTH!

# 93 Simple Mathematics @ 04/22/15 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
Watching playoffs makes me angry, not because Canucks is losing to Flames, but the intensity in the playoffs is ABSENT IN EA NHL. For a long period of time, EA's NHL playoff difference from regular season games are: (1) Playoff written on ice (2) Towel wave (3) Team jersey being worn by the fans.

What are missing: (1) Intense defence in the NZ (2) Bone crushing hits (3) Forechecks that could really influence a turn-over, etc.

EA's NHL is so weak! Please do not add more fancies, just add realism by improving the gameplay, player and team differentiation, intensity etc. I dont give a damn if you add 1000 faces to the crowds but still the old freaking faces to choose from when creating a player. WTH!
I agree with everything you said, except for the part where you said there are no bone crushing hits. Every single hit in NHL 15 is an absolute massacre. You could poke a guy with your finger and he'd go flying back 10 feet into the boards. Hitting is way too overpowered. The devs refuse to include any sort of physicality in the game besides big hits.

# 94 nordiques1995 @ 04/23/15 07:45 AM
Nhl 16 web app is cool, but we should be able to create our own boards too. Even ice logo. Create music that can be put into the game, even if it's with spotify or anything else.

# 95 canucksss @ 04/23/15 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
I agree with everything you said, except for the part where you said there are no bone crushing hits. Every single hit in NHL 15 is an absolute massacre. You could poke a guy with your finger and he'd go flying back 10 feet into the boards. Hitting is way too overpowered. The devs refuse to include any sort of physicality in the game besides big hits.
Stand corrected. I should clarified that....usually its ME who hits the AI players and I dont even "feel" the pressure or AI hitting me with crushing hit, either while i carry the puck or my AI teammates.

And if the dev's refuse to include physicality, then EA SHOULD STOP MAKING NHL. LOL!!! Hits is part of the game, especially in playoff atmosphere where Adrenalin is multiplied many times. (what happen to their "its in the game"? )

# 96 Reiny09 @ 04/23/15 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I agree.
If it's going to be off-ice stuff, then I would like to see the following:
- New commentators
You're asking for new commentators after 1 year of Doc and Eddie? I wouldn't count on seeing that change any time soon. Maybe not even this generation.

# 97 06woz @ 04/28/15 01:15 PM
The fact that some of these options even exist in the survey shows exactly where their head is at with NHL 16.

# 98 Mick1 @ 04/29/15 12:42 AM
TO H*LL WITH "Bighead Mascot and Zamboni Races!"

BRING BACK CREATE-A-TEAM (the FULL thing! team name, city/state, jersey design, logos, equipment)
BRING BACK THE OLD CREATE-A-PLAYER (that saves to the free agent roster to draft)
And finally,

LET US PLAY:
A SINGLE SEASON WITH A CREATED TEAM
A TOURNAMENT WITH 6, 12, 18 TEAMS

AND IF YOU MAKE THE SAME CHANGES WITH MADDEN YOU'LL SAVE ME HAVING TO WRITE YOU ANOTHER ANGRY LETTER!

# 99 AdamJones113 @ 09/09/15 07:54 AM
Remember this?

I guess we'll have to have these in mind for 17.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.