Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 patch #3 has been submitted to Microsoft and Sony and should be released within the next 10 to 14 days for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Patch notes will not be released until then, but @LD2K tweeted a few nuggets.

Quote:
Patch #3 for #NBA2K15 is very big. Addressing a ton: including 2K cam "frame rate" issue, showing score while waiting & timeout exploit.

As previously stated, the Patch #3 also brings new hairstyles to #NBA2K15 and adds a ton of gameplay tweaks including zig-zag+btb nerfs.

The gameplay team has been looking at all your feedback and patch #3 plays phenomenal. Lots of cheddar cutting too.

Patch #3 is also bringing some of the latest updates to face scanning.

He also notes frame rate issues at the Jordan Rec Center have been addressed, you will see improvements on defense, and for those of you with Online Leagues, all feedback is in the hands on the dev team. So it would appear as though this particular patch will not fix any issues in that mode.

UPDATE: (Response from LD2K) To sum it up, 6 pages worth of bullet point patch notes.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 281 ConfigSys @ 12/08/14 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
I'm surprised PC guys didn't get the patch yet. The past 2 patches, PC guys got them first.

Here's to hoping PC guys *will* get a patch #3, lol
it's not a big surprise if you understand that 2K freezing PC patch
until the consoles release,
we all know that because the Steam system never hold the devs
to release there patches when they just want
and that what's happen with the first patches for pc.

# 282 trandoanhung1991 @ 12/08/14 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfigSys
it's not a big surprise if you understand that 2K freezing PC patch
until the consoles release,
we all know that because the Steam system never hold the devs
to release there patches when they just want
and that what's happen with the first patches for pc.
That's what I don't get.

Why not release the patch early for PC guys so that we can test and report bugs so they can get to work on patch #4 early? Why wait and have a same-day release for patches?

I'd totally understand if it's for game releases, but for patches?

It's not like they're going to change anything last minute. The patches for consoles are delayed only because of validations for the consoles.

# 283 joosegoose @ 12/08/14 09:28 AM
Quote:
That's what I don't get.

Why not release the patch early for PC guys so that we can test and report bugs so they can get to work on patch #4 early? Why wait and have a same-day release for patches?

It's not like they're going to change anything last minute. The patches for consoles are delayed only because of validations for the consoles.
This is what I always thought until recently. It makes the most sense to me, then again I know absolutely nothing about game development

# 284 coolcras7 @ 12/08/14 10:05 AM
Quote:
That's what I don't get.

Because even if something works with PC does not guarantee that is is going to work PS4 and Xbox, also 2k does not want 100's of thread about the patch before it is released for the consoles.

# 285 SwaggerCoach @ 12/08/14 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Hopefully they have addressed ball handlers doing "hesitation" dribbles without the user inputting that control.

I am constantly trying to drive to the basket and my guy will do a hesitation dribble for no reason as I am trying to gain a step on the defender..

This could probable be considered input lag, but I think it is just an unnecessary animation that is playing as a glitch.
Mike's on it...he posted this in his Q&A:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
It happens when the dribbler wants to decel from Sprint to non-sprint. It's not working as well as I'd hoped and am in the process of removing it for the patch.

# 286 tha_show256 @ 12/08/14 12:09 PM
I'm really looking forward to the patch, hopefully a lot of gameplay fixes and facial scans along with hairstyle updates! I'm hopeful that it will arrive sometime this week! The sooner the better.

# 287 LorenzoDC @ 12/08/14 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayk40
roonie2k tweet

"Little birdie told me that #NBA2K15 patch is going to hit on PS4 this week, maybe as early as today. No news on XB1 but imagine it's close"
It's now live on PS4, per another tweet from him. Notes forthcoming.

# 288 Mintsa @ 12/08/14 12:39 PM
GREAT NEWS !!!!!

Lets see what was fixed.

Patch notes please.

# 289 cthurt @ 12/08/14 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayk40
roonie2k tweet

"Little birdie told me that #NBA2K15 patch is going to hit on PS4 this week, maybe as early as today. No news on XB1 but imagine it's close"
Best news I heard all day.

# 290 LD2k @ 12/08/14 12:43 PM
Patch is live on PS4.

http://2kgam.es/NBA2K15Patch3Notes

# 291 seanbarkley @ 12/08/14 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k

Glad to see the huge amount of issues that have been fixed, sorry to see that shoes didn't get any attention: no Nike iD, no dynamic shoe team colors and no home and away shoes for players.

I was going to say "maybe next year" but it would be the 5th time in a row or so, so maybe it's time to assume they don't and won't care about this.

# 292 LD2k @ 12/08/14 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
Glad to see the huge amount of issues that have been fixed, sorry to see that shoes didn't get any attention: no Nike iD, no dynamic shoe team colors and no home and away shoes for players.
More on that later.

# 293 kingchilla @ 12/08/14 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
More on that later.
thx for the info. when can we expect more on it? I mean today, this week.....if possible a rough eta would be highly appreciated

# 294 LionsFanNJ @ 12/08/14 01:39 PM
Lots of good gameplay fixes. Little dissappointing about a few myCareer fixes not being in. Notably regression issues

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.