Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 patch #3 has been submitted to Microsoft and Sony and should be released within the next 10 to 14 days for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Patch notes will not be released until then, but @LD2K tweeted a few nuggets.

Quote:
Patch #3 for #NBA2K15 is very big. Addressing a ton: including 2K cam "frame rate" issue, showing score while waiting & timeout exploit.

As previously stated, the Patch #3 also brings new hairstyles to #NBA2K15 and adds a ton of gameplay tweaks including zig-zag+btb nerfs.

The gameplay team has been looking at all your feedback and patch #3 plays phenomenal. Lots of cheddar cutting too.

Patch #3 is also bringing some of the latest updates to face scanning.

He also notes frame rate issues at the Jordan Rec Center have been addressed, you will see improvements on defense, and for those of you with Online Leagues, all feedback is in the hands on the dev team. So it would appear as though this particular patch will not fix any issues in that mode.

UPDATE: (Response from LD2K) To sum it up, 6 pages worth of bullet point patch notes.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 WeFireThoseCannons @ 12/02/14 04:52 PM
Hopefully the freezing issues in MYGM and MyLeague get fixed.

or is deleting and re uploading the only option?

# 142 aholbert32 @ 12/02/14 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Fix the stat overlays issue and I'm going to be one happy camper.

That's really the only major issue I face when I play this game at the moment.
Already confirmed that they are fixed with this patch.

# 143 ramspeedkill @ 12/02/14 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Fix the stat overlays issue and I'm going to be one happy camper.

That's really the only major issue I face when I play this game at the moment.
what is this "stat overlays issues"??

# 144 heatingup @ 12/02/14 04:59 PM
Totally unrelated, but I heard Sony/Microsoft charges $40,000 to patch a game...Maybe that explains why game devs are so hesitant to put out multiple patches in a period of time?

http://kotaku.com/5884842/wait-it-co...a-console-game

# 145 LegendCenter41 @ 12/02/14 05:01 PM
ill put money that 2k will never fix input lag on Rec and Park modes. They havent even addressed it a single time.

# 146 Jasong7777 @ 12/02/14 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatingup
Totally unrelated, but I heard Sony/Microsoft charges $40,000 to patch a game...Maybe that explains why game devs are so hesitant to put out multiple patches in a period of time?

They should stop releasing broken games then. Eventhough this game is far from broken, a lot of games now need mutiple patches.

# 147 SavoyPrime @ 12/02/14 05:29 PM
What about Player of the Game and Signature Highlights not showing up on the PS4 in 12-minute quarters tho? Has that been fixed?

# 148 BA2929 @ 12/02/14 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramspeedkill
what is this "stat overlays issues"??
When the announcers are talking about stats (like who are the top 5 players in the league in assists per game), but nothing shows up and you just sit there looking at the ref hold the ball for about 30 seconds.

REALLY annoys me. Luckily, I've been told that it's been fixed in this patch. Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Already confirmed that they are fixed with this patch.
Thanks for the heads up! I tried to skim through the posts before I said anything, I obviously missed the only bit of info I was looking for lol.

# 149 nyk_fatboy @ 12/02/14 05:55 PM
Going to be real interesting to see how players will adjust to the behind the back cheese and side to side cheese getting nerfed

# 150 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 12/02/14 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Please, for the love of God, tell me they're fixing the post-game highlights. As an offline player, it is by far my biggest gripe. I'm really happy to see them doing face scan and hair style updates this year though, seems like that has been lacking for awhile now.
This! It's been broken for 2 years now & it's the main reason I'm looking forward to this patch.

# 151 mosdef328 @ 12/02/14 07:09 PM
Please fix PS4 player of the game and highlights being broken...

# 152 redsox4evur @ 12/02/14 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb08
Fix CPU rotations, shot selections, fast breaks, play runs, defensive stopper, settings, adjustments, speed of players to blow by others, the insane no stats delay presentation, and weak defense!!
Most of the stuff you want fixed can be fixed by using a better set of sliders. So search the slider subforum for one you think is good and try or just try them all using like a 3 min quarter game.

# 153 kamackeris76 @ 12/02/14 07:46 PM
They need to get the Ai shooting more 3's also. Also is the auto putbacks fixed?

# 154 redsox4evur @ 12/02/14 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
They need to get the Ai shooting more 3's also. Also is the auto putbacks fixed?
The 3pt issue can be fixed by fixing player's tendencies.

# 155 DMT1133 @ 12/02/14 08:19 PM
I love 2k with all my heart!!!! but 2k is going in the wrong direction when it comes to game-play, its starting to be more scripted game-play than realistic sim! Before you go into saying I suck, Challenge me and you will see who sucks, then come back on here and say I suck. add me ps4 Melanin-33-Magic. So now onto why i think 2k is becoming more of a scripted style game-play with less control to the user than ever before. There is numerous times I'm at the center 3 point line and miss a shot or turnover happens around that area and I'm holding the back button with turbo trying to get back and I can see the game script starts to activate and my players is slowed down while the other player is sped up, I can clearly see it. so when the other player gets the ball, the script is deactivated and now my player is running normal speed. but its not right to do that, its not allowing you to use your IQ to beat players. remember how easy it was to steal passes on other 2ks from players passing the ball in passing lanes? now they make it very scripted so players with bad IQ in basketball don't always get the ball stolen from them. i use to love stealing the ball all day ever day. now i can hardly ever get a steal in the passing lane and when i trying I see the 2k script kick in and my player is slowed down or delayed You guys must notice this.. idk.. i love 2k I just wish they would easy up on the can animation... and the scripted style game play.

# 156 hogfan @ 12/02/14 10:20 PM
They have to fix the corrupted save file issue.

I can only start my career, my GM, etc. Every time I start it back up, it says my save file is corrupted.
Basically, I can't make progress in any of these modes.

The game is pretty much useless to me at this point.

# 157 ViolenceFight @ 12/02/14 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMT1133
I love 2k with all my heart!!!! but 2k is going in the wrong direction when it comes to game-play, its starting to be more scripted game-play than realistic sim! Before you go into saying I suck, Challenge me and you will see who sucks, then come back on here and say I suck. add me ps4 Melanin-33-Magic. So now onto why i think 2k is becoming more of a scripted style game-play with less control to the user than ever before. There is numerous times I'm at the center 3 point line and miss a shot or turnover happens around that area and I'm holding the back button with turbo trying to get back and I can see the game script starts to activate and my players is slowed down while the other player is sped up, I can clearly see it. so when the other player gets the ball, the script is deactivated and now my player is running normal speed. but its not right to do that, its not allowing you to use your IQ to beat players. remember how easy it was to steal passes on other 2ks from players passing the ball in passing lanes? now they make it very scripted so players with bad IQ in basketball don't always get the ball stolen from them. i use to love stealing the ball all day ever day. now i can hardly ever get a steal in the passing lane and when i trying I see the 2k script kick in and my player is slowed down or delayed You guys must notice this.. idk.. i love 2k I just wish they would easy up on the can animation... and the scripted style game play.
Are you holding turbo during or before the screen turns? I get the poke - steal animation all the time and I chase the ball down at a 75% rate, without the loose ball badge.

During screen rotation I don't just hold the direction on the stick, I rotate the stick with the camera change so the game doesn't think I turbo'd one direction and tried to switch back. In that case the momentum system will make your turn around sluggish, which is probably the reason you think your guy is scripted to slow down.

The passing thing...I had to learn to bait the passes. Any time I over commit I get destroyed. I used to think it was 2k, but now I ask myself things like: "If I was running full speed in a direction, and a guy threw a pass near me at that angle, would I be able to change direction on the fly and get it?".

A lot of times, the answer is no. Sometimes it's a BS animation, but most of the time it's me being a hair early or a hair late. In 2k13, You could be going another direction entirely and tapping steal during a pass would instantly change direction and dive into the lane. I'll gladly take a system like this over that.

TL;DR: I'm not saying you suck (Although you probably shouldn't jump into a defensive phrase like that until someone says something like it), I'm saying that maybe what's happening is a part of a system that you may not fully grasp yet and not directly related to scripting.

# 158 NvME @ 12/03/14 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I hope shot clock cheese was looked at....

Doesn't exist according to 2K. Lol. It's definitely there, though, especially on higher difficulties.

# 159 starks1903 @ 12/03/14 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatingup

i think 40000 dollars is not that a big number for the companies. they earn millons of dollars. and patches make them earn even more.

# 160 starks1903 @ 12/03/14 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvME
Doesn't exist according to 2K. Lol. It's definitely there, though, especially on higher difficulties.
i agree. early releases never go in but thats not the case when shot clock expires.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.