Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

The official MLB The Show Twitter account has announced Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder, Yasiel Puig as the cover athlete for MLB 15 The Show. Check out the full PlayStation 4 cover here.

UPDATE: As mentioned by a few OSers in this thread, Puig is shown on the cover with Nike gloves and Nike bands on his forearms. Could Nike finally make an appearance this year? It definitely looks like a good possibility.

This marks the 10 year anniversary of the franchise and SCEA plans to reveal some more news this weekend, at the PlayStation Experience.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bcruise @ 12/05/14 09:34 PM
Yep, that was obvious as soon as they posted that shadowed-out cover.

# 2 LeG_eNd_ArY @ 12/05/14 09:36 PM
Custom cover for me this year.....

# 3 MauerMorneau09 @ 12/05/14 09:37 PM
Not a fan............ BUT, BUT Nike is on the cover as well. A sign of things to come?

# 4 Marino @ 12/05/14 09:40 PM
Finally, another Dodger on the cover. It's been a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 5 Lisac @ 12/05/14 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauerMorneau09
Not a fan............ BUT, BUT Nike is on the cover as well. A sign of things to come?
I myself looked right past who it was and saw the Nike wristbands and batting gloves and smiled with hope.

# 6 Bobhead @ 12/05/14 09:46 PM
Yeah this is probably going to be my least favorite cover since I started playing The Show (I think that was 2010).

# 7 Ghost Of The Year @ 12/05/14 09:49 PM
Rather have a Puig cover with a shot of him swinging, not proclaiming LA number eleven.

# 8 ProStylez @ 12/05/14 09:50 PM
Really!?!? They completely picked the wrong Dodger. Ugh.

# 9 CBoller1331 @ 12/05/14 09:50 PM
Eh....average at best.

# 10 Gilley @ 12/05/14 09:53 PM
I like him, he makes games fun. I like this cover.

# 11 LowerWolf @ 12/05/14 09:53 PM
If I can buy Madden with Sherman on the cover, I can surely buy The Show with Puig.

# 12 kehlis @ 12/05/14 09:54 PM
I never knew people cared this much about a cover.

# 13 MLB Bob @ 12/05/14 09:58 PM
A lot of hate for this guy..lol Its like hes been busted for drinking and driving or had steroid allegations against him before..or his brother was some kind of sex offender or something..

I wonder if there will be a Canadian cover this year? At least they probably wont use Lawrie this year if they do..maybe a Russell Martin Cover?

# 14 Ghost Of The Year @ 12/05/14 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Isn't the cover the best way to judge a book... I mean, judge a game?

# 15 rjackson @ 12/05/14 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Or try to read so much into it

# 16 WahooFan @ 12/05/14 10:00 PM
I wonder what will happen first before i die, the Indians win a championship or an Indians player on the cover? No matter, I'll get the digital copy as it is.

# 17 PitholeCreek @ 12/05/14 10:00 PM
I have nothing against Puig, but it's an odd choice given that he isn't even the best player on his team. I would've gone with either Trout or Kershaw this year.

Regardless, I'm indifferent. The cover athlete isn't going to affect my decision to purchase the game. The Canadian version will likely have Russell Martin, Marcus Stroman or some other Blue Jay on it anyway.

# 18 Bobhead @ 12/05/14 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
A lot of hate for this guy..lol Its like hes been busted for drinking and driving or had steroid allegations against him before..or his brother was some kind of sex offender or something..

I wonder if there will be a Canadian cover this year? At least they probably wont use Lawrie this year if they do..maybe a Russell Martin Cover?
I don't hate Puig at all. I think he's a cool guy.

I just hate the pose they went with. I know someone posted that Daniel Bryan thing as a joke, but it really does look remind me of Chris Jericho or something... He's not a WWE wrestler, he's a baseball player. How about a cover that shows him... you know... playing baseball?

# 19 MLB Bob @ 12/05/14 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I don't hate Puig at all. I think he's a cool guy.

I just hate the pose they went with. I know someone posted that Daniel Bryan thing as a joke, but it really does look remind me of Chris Jericho or something... He's not a WWE wrestler, he's a baseball player. How about a cover that shows him... you know... playing baseball?
Really? Thats the only thing and the point youre standing by? the guy isnt swinging or fielding a ball but obviously celebrating something related? Cool. Thats awesome. I personally dont hate the guy or care what hes doing. Im glad its not him sitting in a truck getting drunk.

# 20 Ghost Of The Year @ 12/05/14 10:16 PM
Maybe picking Vin Scully for the cover would have been safer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
Im glad its not him sitting in a truck getting drunk.
Now that's a cover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooFan
I wonder what will happen first before i die, the Indians win a championship or an Indians player on the cover?
Neither?
Just kidding lol Would have been great to have an Indian ManRam cover

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.