Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

The official MLB The Show Twitter account has announced Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder, Yasiel Puig as the cover athlete for MLB 15 The Show. Check out the full PlayStation 4 cover here.

UPDATE: As mentioned by a few OSers in this thread, Puig is shown on the cover with Nike gloves and Nike bands on his forearms. Could Nike finally make an appearance this year? It definitely looks like a good possibility.

This marks the 10 year anniversary of the franchise and SCEA plans to reveal some more news this weekend, at the PlayStation Experience.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 dbly32 @ 12/05/14 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemurOnion
It should have been someone who represents the damn game, not a marketing ploy for young, crazy tweens who actually like this dingus. Hell, even his own teammates can't stand some of the stuff he does. Like I said I will go digital. No way in hell I will have this guy on a physical cover. Digital is fine too as I don't really want to be putting this game in and out all the time. Win Win I guess. Just the make the damn game competent.
Haha you are salty. Take the year off, you deserve it after watching so much bad baseball.

# 42 MLB Bob @ 12/06/14 12:11 AM
Just curious what some of the peoples reasons are for hating this guy so much? I think more people would have accepted A-Rod or John Rocker.

# 43 njdevils14 @ 12/06/14 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
Just curious what some of the peoples reasons are for hating this guy so much? I think more people would have accepted A-Rod or John Rocker.
People see him as being cocky, arrogant, etc. That being said, I personally love the guy, he's a guy that's just fun to watch

# 44 MLB Bob @ 12/06/14 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils14
People see him as being cocky, arrogant, etc. That being said, I personally love the guy, he's a guy that's just fun to watch
Really? I thought for sure he must have punched someones baby or stole an OS'ers wife or something. People love Bryce Harper and Manny Machado..and probably loved Brian Wilson and Grant Balfour when they were primed.

I don't care about the guy, I hardly ever watch NL baseball but I have watched him play and watch the high lights Im not oblivious to most teams or the game. This kinda blows my mind. I hear some talking heads say stuff but it sounds so absurd I generally ignore it. People actually believe what theyre told by these people and the little bit of time they see the guy on TV? Hopefully some people give some more reasons, this is funny/interesting

# 45 MetsRampage @ 12/06/14 12:24 AM
I believe they choose Puig because other bigger names like Kershaw/Trout probably wanted more money than SCEA wanted to pay.

You guys have to remember that the show series isn't a huge franchise like Madden and 2k. I don't think 14 even broke a million copes sold. They have to make money on these games so they can't go out and pay big money for other guys.

# 46 Jimmydm90 @ 12/06/14 12:24 AM
The Show team should do a poll for a fan choice of a cover athlete and then print that player on the reverse side of the insert (like they did with Bioshock Infinite cover). That would solve most people's problem.

# 47 thaSLAB @ 12/06/14 12:48 AM
Some of these responses are entertainment gold! Lolol... SDS is obviously trying to #breaktheinternet

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk Pro

# 48 bp4baseball @ 12/06/14 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
The Show team should do a poll for a fan choice of a cover athlete and then print that player on the reverse side of the insert (like they did with Bioshock Infinite cover). That would solve most people's problem.
I'm sure Puig would really appreciate them doing that.

# 49 ey215 @ 12/06/14 12:59 AM
I'm just pleased they didn't do a marketing ploy like a vote. That stuff annoys the hell out of me.

# 50 ey215 @ 12/06/14 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas2345
You mean like last year ?
Yep, drives me batty.

# 51 MAGboyswifT27 @ 12/06/14 01:17 AM
Thought Kershaw would've been on the cover before Puig.. That'd be nice to have Nike accessories through!

# 52 dtlm6 @ 12/06/14 02:07 AM
Like the choice, but not the pose. Want to see him swinging a bat.....

# 53 RandyBass @ 12/06/14 02:09 AM
Is Mike Trout's asking price too high or something? We've basically got the 2nd coming of Mickey Mantle curiously not on the cover of the only console MLB video game available.

# 54 Turbojugend @ 12/06/14 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I never knew people cared this much about a cover.
It's not so much the cover (I design my own anyway) as the recognition for the guy who ends up on it. If Puig is the poster boy for a new generation than so be it, but it's not for me.

Sure I'm a Giants fan. I'll also admit Kershaw is more deserving than most of the guys on our roster. Puig? Not so much.

# 55 N51_rob @ 12/06/14 02:34 AM
I'm glad that SCEA isn't doing these asinine fan Votes for Covers anymore. Pick a "hot" player and run with it. No need to build up hype for this title with stupid fan votes and "tournaments".

# 56 Jimmydm90 @ 12/06/14 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I'm glad that SCEA isn't doing these asinine fan Votes for Covers anymore. Pick a "hot" player and run with it. No need to build up hype for this title with stupid fan votes and "tournaments".

Yes it's much better to pick an athlete that seemingly the majority of fans actively dislike.

# 57 Cubfan @ 12/06/14 03:14 AM
Congrats to Puig on being on the cover of The Show. Can't wait for more info on the game.

# 58 Stolm @ 12/06/14 04:04 AM
Yay for the alternate Canadian cover.

# 59 giantsharks @ 12/06/14 04:57 AM
For those asking why people dislike him so much there is a lot of reasons. As a giants fan i hate him by default. Generally, for me, dodger players that i "hate" are in a fun rivalry kinda way. I actually really enjoy watching guys like kemp, kershaw etc. For some reason Puig just really gets under my skin. This is an example. Hit on the foot in a 1-2 count when the Giants are down one in the first, clearly not on purpose and he just sits there and shoots bumgarner a look.

# 60 soxnut1018 @ 12/06/14 05:02 AM
I'm not sure why a really good young popular player getting chosen for the cover of a game he actually plays is this controversial.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.