Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

A few more MLB 15 The Show details have been revealed at GameStop. The new radio show and improved load times sound good. If you missed the trailer earlier today, click here.

Check out the details below.
  • Licensed Equipment - For the first time ever, partnerships from various brands will bring accurate bats, gloves, cleats, and batting gloves to the game.
  • Year-to-Year Saves - Users who purchased MLB 14 The Show will be able to continue their Franchise and Road to the Show progress in MLB 15 The Show. Saves between the two releases will be forward-compatible, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over!
  • Universal Rewards - Simply playing the game earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards.
  • Legends - We're introducing 30 Iconic MLB Alumni into our virtual player card pool, 1 representative for each team. These players span every historic baseball era of the last 70 years. Like all of our Universal Rewards, you have a chance of finding a historic virtual player card to add to your collection and utilize throughout MLB 15 The Show.
  • Major Graphical Improvements - Visually, the introduction of real time seasonal sun and shadows, revamped night lighting, and enhanced player personality help make MLB 15 The Show the most authentic baseball experience yet. (PS4 Only)
And that's just the beginning. A new Radio Show, Directional hitting, improved load times, and a completely overhauled Diamond Dynasty mode help MLB 15 The Show prove that Baseball Is Better.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 261 Unlucky 13 @ 01/26/15 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
That's a strange issue to be a game breaker. Kind of like saying if they don't decide to put name brand gloves in the game I'm not buying because I hate generic gloves. But hey to each his own.
Its not a "deal breaker" for me, but it is a HUGE deal. To compare it to a piece of equipment is silly. For those of us who want realism in the GM and offseason features, having contracts that in no way resemble reality really, really sucks. On top of that, its gotten worse every single year. My first year playing the show in 08, the contracts weren't all accurate to real life, but at least there was a solid ratio and they made sense. Also, big teams had big budgets and small teams had small ones. Now, thats all mostly gone, as well as having so many of the owner mode features stripped out.

I realize that the contract issue is MLB/MLBPA and not the makers of the game, but its still awful. Doing multi year simming tot he offseason in order to build a team over several years is now far, far less fun than it once was.

# 262 ryan36 @ 01/26/15 10:34 AM
I think the contracts add up nicely... and while it'd be cool to have contract value based on player performance (maybe have the game calculate WAR) I think I like it better this way. The Sim stats end up different from the user stats for a lot of people.

Meaning, if a player goes 19-3 3.02 ERA for the cpu based on sim ratings, I don't want to have pay him 20 mil to go 10-15 4.85 for me as a user.

# 263 JohnnyRu31 @ 01/26/15 10:59 AM
Radio show. And info on this? My best guess will be something like the radio show Madden had back in the ps2 days

# 264 nordiques1995 @ 01/26/15 12:08 PM
I want a screenshot !

# 265 countryboy @ 01/26/15 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordiques1995
I want a screenshot !
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d-trailer.html

# 266 DJ @ 01/26/15 10:20 PM
Will Season Mode saves carry over, too, or is it just Franchise and RTTS?

# 267 Ghost Of The Year @ 01/27/15 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Will Season Mode saves carry over, too, or is it just Franchise and RTTS?
IIRC yes on Season Franchise & RTTS
No on Diamond Dynasty & Online Franchise.
I'm going to hold out hope the roster vault will carry over until the Fact Sheet confirms otherwise, though it's a HUGE likelihood it won't.

# 268 Armor and Sword @ 01/28/15 03:07 PM
Fact sheet....I need fact sheet.

# 269 HustlinOwl @ 01/28/15 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Fact sheet....I need fact sheet.
http://forums.theshownation.com/show...d=1#post233667

# 270 tnixen @ 01/28/15 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Something is cooking in the oven

# 271 ShowTyme15 @ 01/28/15 03:15 PM
People from SCEA were on Twitch last night playing MLB 14 with Hunter Pence. They posted it on their FB page.
[url]https://www.facebook.com/mlbtheshow?fref=ts[/uredit:as Ramone stated it wasn't SCEA.

# 272 Russell_SCEA @ 01/28/15 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
People from SCEA were on Twitch last night playing MLB 14 with Hunter Pence. They posted it on their FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/mlbtheshow?fref=ts
That wasn't us

# 273 ShowTyme15 @ 01/28/15 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
That wasn't us
Yeah i realized that when I read Pence tagged the Show FB page. I thought it was the other way around originally.

# 274 baseballmad @ 01/29/15 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Two Words..... Fact Sheet. Once that drops, it'll be good times. (Not too much longer now)

Yea, any 'tentative' day now ..........

# 275 tnixen @ 01/29/15 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmad
Yea, any 'tentative' day now ..........

I think it's coming this afternoon

# 276 Russell_SCEA @ 01/29/15 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I think it's coming this afternoon
T-Minus 30 minutes

# 277 tnixen @ 01/29/15 11:41 AM
Quote:
T-Minus 30 minutes
Let the party begin!!

Thanks Russell

# 278 HustlinOwl @ 01/29/15 11:47 AM
Quote:
T-Minus 30 minutes
BREAK THE INTERNET

# 279 DanglingPenguins @ 01/29/15 11:52 AM
Quote:
T-Minus 30 minutes
Jumping around like a little girl right now!!!!

# 280 livinitup921 @ 01/29/15 12:01 PM
Cant Wait!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.