Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

A few more MLB 15 The Show details have been revealed at GameStop. The new radio show and improved load times sound good. If you missed the trailer earlier today, click here.

Check out the details below.
  • Licensed Equipment - For the first time ever, partnerships from various brands will bring accurate bats, gloves, cleats, and batting gloves to the game.
  • Year-to-Year Saves - Users who purchased MLB 14 The Show will be able to continue their Franchise and Road to the Show progress in MLB 15 The Show. Saves between the two releases will be forward-compatible, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over!
  • Universal Rewards - Simply playing the game earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards.
  • Legends - We're introducing 30 Iconic MLB Alumni into our virtual player card pool, 1 representative for each team. These players span every historic baseball era of the last 70 years. Like all of our Universal Rewards, you have a chance of finding a historic virtual player card to add to your collection and utilize throughout MLB 15 The Show.
  • Major Graphical Improvements - Visually, the introduction of real time seasonal sun and shadows, revamped night lighting, and enhanced player personality help make MLB 15 The Show the most authentic baseball experience yet. (PS4 Only)
And that's just the beginning. A new Radio Show, Directional hitting, improved load times, and a completely overhauled Diamond Dynasty mode help MLB 15 The Show prove that Baseball Is Better.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Knight165 @ 12/06/14 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by desi1751
sorry if this is in wrong thread but do the licences apply to cyber face? Or is there another reason why they use cyber face?
Do you mean the generated face for the roster screens and such?
It's so they can have the hat/uni change when a player moves to a different team.

M.K.
Knight165

# 42 ShowTyme15 @ 12/06/14 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
No one is interested in directional hitting?
I am interested in this. I would assume with directional hitting the ball physics would have been worked on.

# 43 Bobhead @ 12/06/14 10:26 PM
Quote:
Well I don't really know what it means.

Other than that small obstacle, I'm quite interested.

I'd assume it means hitting in a desired direction, but we already have swing influence, thus leaving me a bit confused...

# 44 kehlis @ 12/06/14 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead

I'd assume it means hitting in a desired direction, but we already have swing influence, thus leaving me a bit confused...
Agreed with this, I would say I'm more curious what it is than interested because I'm very happy with the way the hitting is now.

# 45 breakfastcat @ 12/06/14 11:19 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say its similar to what MVP had where you would point the left stick to the location of the pitch to "go with it". Like trying to pull an inside pitch or going the other way on an outside pitch. But not like zone hitting where you have a cursor, but you'd just point in the general direction.

# 46 og236 @ 12/06/14 11:31 PM
Licensed equipment? Can it be? Am I dreaming?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 47 spike83 @ 12/07/14 12:04 AM
Trivial, but with all this good news no one still has yet to find a way to fix the front numeral size on the Dodgers uniforms...

# 48 Armor and Sword @ 12/07/14 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm just curious as to what the radio show is and how it relates to the game.
I don't want to get ahead of myself here and think it's something it may not be and then be disappointed.

Can't wait though.

M.K.
Knight165
My hope is inside of your franchise hub your hearing a radio show with updates of your franchise, hot stove like rumors, resigning players, trades, players of the week, divisional races etc. Kinda like The Tony Bruno Show from Madden 2005 but on steroids for the PS4

# 49 Armor and Sword @ 12/07/14 12:20 AM
Quote:
Extremely interested in that. Very curious if it can be utilized on timed hitting as well. Would love that.

# 50 nomo17k @ 12/07/14 12:40 AM
Quote:
Of course I'm just daydreaming but it IS possible that they plan to create all the tv/broadcast segments in a future year, and are just starting with a radio show for now. I mean the only difference between a radio show and a tv show is visual. Most of the lines they'd be using would work just as well.
That difference, with and without visual, is in fact such a HUGE difference that I really doubt TV-style sport show is ever possible on a console game. If we are talking about just a bunch of cut scenes repeated over and over, then yes I presume it's possible, but it will go stale very quickly, just as all commentary do. And I just cannot see how capturing gameplay from a dozen games every day is possible, when the load time before each game is already substantial. And that's basically the reason we have the "sim" option to skip games to accelerate things. If we are expecting to sim away all those games and hoping the TV recap to show the some gameplay footage, it won't happen I think.

However, I find radio-style broadcast would be very promising and just as good, if the presentation is done very well (who knows it might not be all that better than the current commentary...). I grew up listening to WFAN following the Mets all the time, and baseball really is a decent sport to hear on radio. Hope it will be done well.

# 51 Cowboy008 @ 12/07/14 12:45 AM
The Radio show, Directional hitting, Improved load times, and Licensed Equipment sound good. I'm a little disappointed though that they mention Diamond Dynasty before Franchise mode.

# 52 nemesis04 @ 12/07/14 01:46 AM
Quote:

I'd assume it means hitting in a desired direction, but we already have swing influence,thus leaving me a bit confused...
Do we?.......Stay tuned.

# 53 Blzer @ 12/07/14 03:33 AM
Revamped night lighting....... I might just **** bricks.

EDIT: Directional hitting concerns me, only if they remove zone hitting. Please tell me they keep that option.

# 54 @legendm0de @ 12/07/14 05:15 AM
Just hoping that directional hitting is not some gimmick and has something to do with giving us more control over the batters swing mechanics.

# 55 aguero90 @ 12/07/14 06:16 AM
Nomo17k, that's exactly what I've wanted in a baseball video game! I got the idea from mbl.tv's audio overlay feature, where you can listen to a teams' radio broadcast over the tv feed. Example: you're }tching the Yanks on the Yes feed, but hearing John Sterling on WFAN. If you love baseball on the radio, but want to exactly watch the game, then it's well worq the $129 a year! lol!

# 56 aguero90 @ 12/07/14 06:19 AM
Sorry about the spelling mistakes! I was being lazy, and typing on my BrailleNote keyboard with one hand!

# 57 nemesis04 @ 12/07/14 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

EDIT: Directional hitting concerns me, only if they remove zone hitting. Please tell me they keep that option.
Relax, step off the ledge.

# 58 Blzer @ 12/07/14 09:00 AM
I don't own '14 for PS4 so correct me if I'm wrong, but the dirt color is looking loads better, as well as the Dodger Stadium blue wall. "More saturated" isn't the proper term I'm looking for, but if I was to make a quick bleak comparison, I guess I can just say the colors seem richer in general. Jury is still out on the grass, of course.

Quote:
Relax, step off the ledge.
Eh?

# 59 geisterhome @ 12/07/14 09:01 AM
Quote:
...completely overhauled Diamond Dynasty Mode
-if it would say "Franchise" there instead of "Diamond Dynasty", the kind of mode I care least about in ANY sportsgame, I'd be super excited.

# 60 jethrotull @ 12/07/14 09:07 AM
FORWARD Compatibility Would that also mean roster files? Please let that mean roster files

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.