Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

A few more MLB 15 The Show details have been revealed at GameStop. The new radio show and improved load times sound good. If you missed the trailer earlier today, click here.

Check out the details below.
  • Licensed Equipment - For the first time ever, partnerships from various brands will bring accurate bats, gloves, cleats, and batting gloves to the game.
  • Year-to-Year Saves - Users who purchased MLB 14 The Show will be able to continue their Franchise and Road to the Show progress in MLB 15 The Show. Saves between the two releases will be forward-compatible, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over!
  • Universal Rewards - Simply playing the game earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards.
  • Legends - We're introducing 30 Iconic MLB Alumni into our virtual player card pool, 1 representative for each team. These players span every historic baseball era of the last 70 years. Like all of our Universal Rewards, you have a chance of finding a historic virtual player card to add to your collection and utilize throughout MLB 15 The Show.
  • Major Graphical Improvements - Visually, the introduction of real time seasonal sun and shadows, revamped night lighting, and enhanced player personality help make MLB 15 The Show the most authentic baseball experience yet. (PS4 Only)
And that's just the beginning. A new Radio Show, Directional hitting, improved load times, and a completely overhauled Diamond Dynasty mode help MLB 15 The Show prove that Baseball Is Better.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 nemesis04 @ 12/08/14 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbleu1986
I hope I'm wrong but when reducing load times are part of the first emerging details, there's not much hope for anything else.
You have to remember marketing controls when feature details get released. Since it is only December, you get crumbs.

# 122 aguero90 @ 12/08/14 03:36 PM
What I eventually hope to hear, is a 2k like broadcast, to the point where you can close your eyes, just like you could do with 2k, and find it very hard to tell you're listening to a video game.

# 123 Mgbleu1986 @ 12/08/14 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
You have to remember marketing controls when feature details get released. Since it is only December, you get crumbs.
I hope you're right but looking at those stale (ya that's right I used the word STALE) player models, my hope is fading quick.

# 124 seanjeezy @ 12/08/14 03:52 PM
Only a couple of things really bug me in franchise, in 2019 here were the few oddities that stood out for me:

CPU "hoarding" of SP's - multiple teams had an excess of SP's at the major league level, 7,8, sometimes even 9. The root cause seemed to be the cpu logic prioritizing the best 25 players OVR in spite of position. Based on the way the OVR formula was retooled last year, relievers kinda got shafted and the bulk of them fall in the 70-80 range.

the hoarding thing segues perfectly into the next topic: The lack of dynamic position switching. It would be cool if the cpu could convert some of those extra SP's into relievers, or have some kind of dynamic ratings adjustment like lowering stamina, increasing velocity, etc. Same thing could be applied to position players

Finally and most importantly (IMO) is expanded rosters. I don't care if I have to do more work on OSFM, I needs another level dammnit

Seriously though, I feel like the levels are too cramped and I would also like to tie lowering the minimum age into the level thing since I can count the number of players under 20 on one hand for a few teams. It would also be nice to have international signings completely separate from the rule 4 draft, and to also make the undrafted college seniors either go to the FA pool or just go away completely lol.

So to summarize:

More levels/players (the new level doesn't even have to playable)
Better roster construction logic
Dynamic position switching
Separate international signing period and therefore younger players

Other than that franchise mode was ace for me, most fun I've had since '09

# 125 Factzzz @ 12/08/14 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Franchise mode does NOT need a "complete overhaul"(God....this phrase and "stale" have to be the most overused and incorrect phrases on O.S.)

M.K.
Knight165
I say "immersion" is the most overused.

# 126 redsox4evur @ 12/08/14 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
I say "immersion" is the most overused.
Nope it's definitely 'broken'...if you read the 2K forum that word is used to describe every little thing that is wrong with the game.

# 127 Ghost Of The Year @ 12/08/14 04:17 PM
off topic:
Maybe not "Most Overused" but I could live the rest of my life & be happy to never hear "Comeback Code" again.
on topic:
I'll grant load times were looong but it didn't annoy me. But I won't complain if they're shortened

# 128 My993C2 @ 12/08/14 04:36 PM
- Licensed Equipment ... really not that important to me.
- Year-to-Year Saves ... likely will never use it.
- Universal Rewards ... another never use topic.
- Legends ... somewhat interesting, though I would rather see teams, not individual players.
- Major Graphical Improvements ... interested to see what this means.
- Radio Show ... might be interesting for a few games, but fear it would be repetitive.

MLB The Show is a great game and I am sure the 2015 iteration will continue this trend. Most of these advertised features mean little to me. If it wasn't for the rumored "Major Graphical Improvements", I could easily see myself skipping the game this year. However I will eagerly sit on the fence waiting for some new videos from SCEA to surface. If these graphical improvements are "major", picking up MLB 15 will likely be worth it.

PS: disappointed in the March 31st release date. But what can you do.

# 129 Russell_SCEA @ 12/08/14 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
No Sr. know one outside of Scott Rohde, Shane Layden or Shu tells us what to do. We control the release of our content. Originally we didn't want to announce a single feature at PSX. Just show the teaser and maybe the release date. We figured most like minded individuals would realize it's early and it's just a tease.

PSX was a big platform for us as we've never been involved that much in any giant conference. Countless people walked up to me and said the teaser got them interested in a baseball game. So it was a win for our small team. OS at some point will realize the dynamics of these things............or maybe not lol.

# 130 redsox4evur @ 12/08/14 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
- Licensed Equipment ... really not that important to me.
- Year-to-Year Saves ... likely will never use it.
- Universal Rewards ... another never use topic.
- Legends ... somewhat interesting, though I would rather see teams, not individual players.
- Major Graphical Improvements ... interested to see what this means.
- Radio Show ... might be interesting for a few games, but fear it would be repetitive.

MLB The Show is a great game and I am sure the 2015 iteration will continue this trend. Most of these advertised features mean little to me. If it wasn't for the rumored "Major Graphical Improvements", I could easily see myself skipping the game this year. However I will eagerly sit on the fence waiting for some new videos from SCEA to surface. If these graphical improvements are "major", picking up MLB 15 will likely be worth it.

PS: disappointed in the March 31st release date. But what can you do.
Let's take this hypothetical situation, you can carry over rosters from year to year, you wouldn't use it? Also as others have stated, look at from SCEA's marketing dept.'s point of view, they want to build anticipation about their game in the months prior to release. Not give everything that is a huge upgrade away in the beginning and then have people not care about the news that came out in December when the game comes out in March.

# 131 catswithbats @ 12/08/14 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
I wish it mentioned something about player models/body types.
Me too. I'm hoping they'll make Miguel Cabrera less fat than MLB 14.

# 132 aguero90 @ 12/08/14 04:47 PM
The trailer looks good to me.

# 133 seanjeezy @ 12/08/14 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
No Sr. know one outside of Scott Rohde, Shane Layden or Shu tells us what to do. We control the release of our content. Originally we didn't want to announce a single feature at PSX. Just show the teaser and maybe the release date. We figured most like minded individuals would realize it's early and it's just a tease.

PSX was a big platform for us as we've never been involved that much in any giant conference. Countless people walked up to me and said the teaser got them interested in a baseball game. So it was a win for our small team. OS at some point will realize the dynamics of these things............or maybe not lol.
I'm really glad you guys got some more exposure, the team deserves it considering how critically acclaimed the game has been over the last 7 years. Browsing other forums you never see The Show mentioned among the Uncharteds, God of Wars, Gran Turismos, or any of the other Sony staples when it has been equally as good.

I was watching the storytime segment with yosp, Boyes, and Rohde and Scott said The Show was his favorite current Sony franchise and that he was amazed that you guys could pump out an AAA product on a yearly basis. Well that's how a lot of us on here feel lol

# 134 Bobhead @ 12/08/14 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm sure that when the fact sheet is released....there will be more to talk about.
I'll be honest...the radio show has me most intrigued. I REALLY hope it's franchise related.
I'll temper my expectations though.

M.K.
Knight165
Sounds like your outlook needs a complete overhaul! Your optimism slider must be reversed.

stale.

# 135 Bobhead @ 12/08/14 06:44 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
I'm really glad you guys got some more exposure, the team deserves it considering how critically acclaimed the game has been over the last 7 years. Browsing other forums you never see The Show mentioned among the Uncharteds, God of Wars, Gran Turismos, or any of the other Sony staples when it has been equally as good.

I was watching the storytime segment with yosp, Boyes, and Rohde and Scott said The Show was his favorite current Sony franchise and that he was amazed that you guys could pump out an AAA product on a yearly basis. Well that's how a lot of us on here feel lol
Completely agree. The Show is such a slept-on game as far as the national gaming spotlight goes. I know baseball is not football, but it's not women's high school bowling either. Baseball is still a very popular sport, and there are millions of real life baseball fans that would certainly love this game if only they were more exposed to it.

# 136 Ghost Of The Year @ 12/08/14 06:46 PM
Quote:
... Countless people walked up to me and said the teaser got them interested in a baseball game. So it was a win for our small team. OS at some point will realize the dynamics of these things............or maybe not lol.
OS, as a whole, seems too diverse. I'm going with "not".

# 137 redsox4evur @ 12/08/14 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takemejoehome
I wish someone would just come out and confirm that either its only franchise year to year saves. (which is what I think it means) or ANY year to year saves.. that means we can share mlb 14 Players created in the Vault as well as rosters. that would make life so much simplier

If it's only franchise files I don't see the point of it. if you started a franchise on mlb 14 you would be very much out of day in 15
The consensus from users seems to be that it will be RTTS and Franchise saves that will carry over but not rosters for some reason. And I would be willing to carry those saves over because it allegedly easier to get stubs, which means you can buy a bigger budget or more RTTS points. That is one reason why I would carry saves over. Also so that way I can use the OSFM rosters while I wait for 15's to come out and continue my existing franchise.

# 138 adamj2281 @ 12/08/14 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Only a couple of things really bug me in franchise, in 2019 here were the few oddities that stood out for me:

CPU "hoarding" of SP's - multiple teams had an excess of SP's at the major league level, 7,8, sometimes even 9. The root cause seemed to be the cpu logic prioritizing the best 25 players OVR in spite of position. Based on the way the OVR formula was retooled last year, relievers kinda got shafted and the bulk of them fall in the 70-80 range.

the hoarding thing segues perfectly into the next topic: The lack of dynamic position switching. It would be cool if the cpu could convert some of those extra SP's into relievers, or have some kind of dynamic ratings adjustment like lowering stamina, increasing velocity, etc. Same thing could be applied to position players

Finally and most importantly (IMO) is expanded rosters. I don't care if I have to do more work on OSFM, I needs another level dammnit

Seriously though, I feel like the levels are too cramped and I would also like to tie lowering the minimum age into the level thing since I can count the number of players under 20 on one hand for a few teams. It would also be nice to have international signings completely separate from the rule 4 draft, and to also make the undrafted college seniors either go to the FA pool or just go away completely lol.

So to summarize:

More levels/players (the new level doesn't even have to playable)
Better roster construction logic
Dynamic position switching
Separate international signing period and therefore younger players

Other than that franchise mode was ace for me, most fun I've had since '09

I'll follow up on this and just state that the budgetary system in the game needs updating as well.

My main issue is that there really aren't any "bad" contracts in the game, a lot of overpaid players are adjusted based on their lower overall grade. I'm wondering exactly how this is implemented into the franchise engine.

It would also be cool to have trade/FA feedback from players. That's a huge portion that is missing, something akin to what Madden has, which rates players' desires regarding location, winning team vs. rebuilding, etc.

Last, and these are just added bonuses - injuries that continue through the offseason, rehab sessions, and the ability to provide cash during trades.

# 139 jethrotull @ 12/08/14 10:03 PM
Wish they touched on editing, I am on hour 100+ of 1987 90 man roster and I just want to import this to next years game. Not the Franchise just the roster, I am exhausted. In all seriousness I am excited for the licensed equipment.

# 140 supasike @ 12/08/14 10:48 PM
The show 14 took a major leap backwards in the online play area, it was atrocious to the point where it was unplayable and downright unenjoyable at times, people who have played it know very well and I do not have to go into it fully. Ps4 could have done much better graphic wise on the game also. Many of my friend were very disappointed in the online play as we play leagues, it became so terrible most of my friends stopped playing and even some sold their Ps4’s and went back to their Xbox lives. I was embarrassed how bad online was because I convinced over 20 of my friends to either buy Ps4 or sell their Xbox ones so they could play a baseball game. I was hiding out when they started playing because online honestly people SUCKED and it sucked badly. And San Diego studios really did not do anything to satisfy the gamers who truly support this game, if I had a complaint and posted it they would take it off ASAP. This is the year of make or break for the Show if they do not fix the online problems and get this right, this will be the end of many gamers who love baseball to trust them again, Mlb the show 14 was a half-finished product because online play was a horror and people who have played it know, it was a disaster and downright embarrassing. If San Diego studios drop the online ball again someone will compete against them in the future and grab a core of baseball fans over. I supported this game since mlb 09 and online some years were bad and some were decent even mlb 13 was above average at east not saying it was even good but my friends and I had some great times with Show 13 and we were excited on the new Ps4 Mlb and to make it even come out a month later and to release it with so many issues was a slap in the face to all of us. Online must be GOOD not above average I am not even saying it has to be great but good will do. Last year it was below average and a down right shame that we had to play a game so online terrible it ruined ALL my friends experiences plus lost people back to Xbox one. The best thing they were bragging on how good the show 14 would be and said the Ps4 version will be the best yet online and offline. It was a total bust, since they are the only game in town I will be forced to spend another 60 this year when I honestly feel I was ripped off by last year’s release I ask San Diego Studios PLEASE MAKE ONLINE BETTER THAN LAST YEAR

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.