Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

We have captured a bunch of MLB 15 The Show screenshots from the trailer that was released yesterday. While the quality isn't going to be as good coming from a video, these will have to do until we get actual in-game screenshots.

MLB 15 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 15 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 15 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 15 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 MauerMorneau09 @ 12/12/14 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayheykid01
Looks like you'll be able to choose what webbing you want on your gloves this year, the Giant's pitcher looks like he has some sort of H web.

As for graphics, I'm going to go with the wait and see approach. Even though I would love new player models, I think that lighting can make a HUGE difference.

I think if they nail the lighting and improve the fluidity of animations in general, it can do wonders for the game.
Pulling a page out of 2k's book with the webbing I see, always wanted that. Probably gonna be an equipment geek's dream this year.

# 62 ShowTyme15 @ 12/12/14 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauerMorneau09
Pulling a page out of 2k's book with the webbing I see, always wanted that. Probably gonna be a equipment geek's dream this year.
Oh, it definitely will be. With name brand equipment I am sure there will be multiple webbing to choose from hopefully.

# 63 Dude731 @ 12/17/14 03:16 PM
Player models need an overhaul, legs are too short or something movement is still a bit awkward. I'm sure I'll get trashed for this, but still doesn't quite look next gen. It looks stuck somewhere in between next gen and last gen.

# 64 Factzzz @ 12/17/14 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude731
Player models need an overhaul, legs are too short or something movement is still a bit awkward. I'm sure I'll get trashed for this, but still doesn't quite look next gen. It looks stuck somewhere in between next gen and last gen.
Definitely agree with this, the player models definitely look last gen to me, the lighting and such look good though.

But i think, just how bad the player models look can really be seen by looking at the comparison picture of Jimmy Rollins:

Super big torso, wide hips, the way the uniform fits him, especially the jersey, etc.

The player models definitely need to be better, but it doesn't seem like it's going to be this year unfortunately (based on the pictures released so far), so hopefully next year.

# 65 Joey @ 12/18/14 09:19 AM
Someone just posted the Jimmy Rollins pics just a few posts ago.

Oh wait, it was you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Definitely agree with this, the player models definitely look last gen to me, the lighting and such look good though.

But i think, just how bad the player models look can really be seen by looking at the comparison picture of Jimmy Rollins:

Super big torso, wide hips, the way the uniform fits him, especially the jersey, etc.

The player models definitely need to be better, but it doesn't seem like it's going to be this year unfortunately (based on the pictures released so far), so hopefully next year.

# 66 bronxbombers21325 @ 12/31/14 06:10 PM
I really hope this is the year we get post season and World Series uniform, hat, and helmet patches and stickers. It's really pretty sad that we haven't gotten these yet as every other sports game had them on last gen systems. I see no excuse for them to be left out again this year in year 2 of the Ps4

# 67 bronxbombers21325 @ 12/31/14 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Didn't stop the Show from looking 2000x better on last gen, that's just an excuse.

The main thing is giving players better body types (skeletal proportions) that match their real life selves better. It seems like they have three body types. There needs to be a lot more. Players like Sandoval (big belly), Darvish (long neck), Freeman and Heyward (long legs ands arms), and many many many more players body's don't like real life.

And the uniforms need to be a lot better too, different sizes, button options, and better "cloth physics."
To me the uniforms look painted on instead of a clothing item.

# 68 THESHAMISASHAME @ 01/01/15 01:40 PM
Visually I was really underwhelmed from ps3 to ps4 last year as it looked like nothing more then the same old dated player models in a little more definition and the hair flow was also disappointing .

They can keep adding gear and textures but the last gen look wont change unless they totally revamp them from the ground .

I also wonder since they now have the full power of the PS4 if we can edit players in their true team uniforms this year ?

# 69 bronxbombers21325 @ 01/01/15 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Visually I was really underwhelmed from ps3 to ps4 last year as it looked like nothing more then the same old dated player models in a little more definition and the hair flow was also disappointing .

They can keep adding gear and textures but the last gen look wont change unless they totally revamp them from the ground .

I also wonder since they now have the full power of the PS4 if we can edit players in their true team uniforms this year ?
Let's hope. The excuse on last gen was that the PS3 memory was maxed out so they couldn't do it well there is no excuse for not being able to now. Again every other sports game did this on last gen.

# 70 Blzer @ 01/01/15 09:13 PM
The best looking game last generation shouldn't ever mean something should be the best looking game this generation. Artists have limits, as anything else.

Best example is somebody might be a faster sprinter than somebody else, but increase the race distance length and somebody just might be a better racer once the distance widens. Provide somebody with more/different tools and you'll see different talents come through.

# 71 Factzzz @ 01/01/15 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
The best looking game last generation shouldn't ever mean something should be the best looking game this generation. Artists have limits, as anything else.

Best example is somebody might be a faster sprinter than somebody else, but increase the race distance length and somebody just might be a better racer once the distance widens. Provide somebody with more/different tools and you'll see different talents come through.
Yeah, but when people start making excuses for the game such as "baseball has more to do deal with graphics wise, compared to basketball, so thats why NBA 2k looks better," then that's where the statement about The Show being the best looking on last gen is valid.

Basically some people come up with all these excuses as to why its impossible for the Show to look as good as some of these other games, which is why it is brought up that the Show was the best looking on last gen.

# 72 Blzer @ 01/01/15 11:33 PM
I understand that because of crowd models, unique stadiums, dynamic sunlight effects, dirt and grass, etc. but player models can still hold their own IMO.

Who knows what we're getting this year, though. Human IK might have changed literally everything about this product.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.