Home
FIFA 15 News Post

EA Sports simulated the MLS cup between the LA Galaxy and New England Revolution, scheduled to start today at 3:00 PM EST on ESPN. Landon Donovan assisted on the game winner in extra time.

Read the full press release below.

EA SPORTS FIFA 15 PREDICTS LA GALAXY TO WIN MLS CUP WITH 2-1 VICTORY OVER NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION IN NEW SIMULATION ON ESPN.COM

EA SPORTS has predicted the LA Galaxy will be victorious over New England Revolution, securing Landon Donovan a record sixth MLS Cup in his final MLS match. Utilizing the gameplay engine that drives FIFA 15 on next generation consoles, Xbox One and PlayStation®4, EA SPORTS was able to simulate MLS Cup 2014 under the same conditions the teams will face this Sunday, December 7 in Los Angeles, California. It was a nail-biter match, with a heroic showing by Gyasi Zardes, who scored the game-winning goal in Extra Time, breaking the 1-1 tie in the 115th minute, clinching a 2-1 win for LA. Last year, EA SPORTS correctly predicted a Sporting Kansas City win in MLS Cup 2013. Watch all the action unfold in the FIFA 15 MLS Cup simulation video hosted on ESPN.com.

Game Simulation Details

LA Galaxy defender Omar Gonzalez opened the scoring with a header goal in the 14th minute, only to have New England midfielder Jermaine Jones tie it up at the end of the first half. The deadlock was nearly broken in the 86th minute when the Galaxy was shown a Yellow Card for a hard tackle. New England quickly restarted the play, opening up an opportunity for a charging Charlie Davies whose dangerous shot was parried away by LA keeper Jaime Penedo. Finally in Extra Time, at the 115th minute, Donovan sends a through ball to Zardes who nets the game winning goal pass Revolution keeper Bobby Shuttleworth. Zardes is awarded Man of the Match.

Scoring Summary
  • 14’ – Omar Gonzalez (unassisted) – LA Galaxy
  • 45’ – Jermaine Jones (Charlie Davies) – New England Revolution
  • 115’– Gyasi Zardes (Landon Donovan) – LA Galaxy

Game: FIFA 15Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Joshua1207 @ 12/07/14 07:31 PM
I'm still mad the Sounders didn't get in. I wish instead of the away goal tie-breaker, we'd just go into extra time but eh. I think I'd rather New England win, I don't like LA at all, so I am hoping the fifa sim is wrong.

# 2 edwing @ 12/07/14 08:59 PM
Pretty accurate.

# 3 Real Talk @ 12/07/14 10:16 PM
Man were they right lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.