Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Patch #3 for NBA 2K15 is available now for PC users. This patch was released earlier in the week for PlayStation 4 and should be available for Xbox One users later this week.

If you missed the NBA 2K15 patch #3 details, click here.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 BrianFifaFan @ 12/12/14 03:49 AM
CPU vs. CPU

# 62 fearwhatnow @ 12/12/14 08:31 AM
Has the patch changed the release shot timing and FG%? I'm having some trouble shooting at All-star/Sim. The release window feels really quick now and I have low FG%. It's a matter of time to adjust but I'm curious about that.

# 63 23 @ 12/12/14 10:59 AM
I'd say it's almost like learning to play again. You'll get used to it pretty quickly

# 64 seanie719 @ 12/12/14 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I'd say it's almost like learning to play again. You'll get used to it pretty quickly
Yeah. It makes you think more. I like it.

Brian...What capture software are you using?

# 65 BrianFifaFan @ 12/12/14 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanie719
Yeah. It makes you think more. I like it.

Brian...What capture software are you using?
It's called Action! I actually really like it. I own Fraps, but it makes every game I try to record chug something fierce.

# 66 23 @ 12/12/14 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
It's called Action! I actually really like it. I own Fraps, but it makes every game I try to record chug something fierce.
Is this free software?

I use bandicam TRob told me about long ago and it works well but I dont get high quality screens from it so I dont use it for that

# 67 BrianFifaFan @ 12/12/14 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Is this free software?

I use bandicam TRob told me about long ago and it works well but I dont get high quality screens from it so I dont use it for that

Nope. It is $20 for the "home" version. For YouTube videos you have to get the commercial version. $50. I got it just to be safe. But it does make for some nice videos and screens. I'm having a heck of a time getting Fifa to play nice with it. It hitches a lot. But for this game. It does pretty darn good.

My next project is getting my Elgato hooked up to my ps4.

# 68 23 @ 12/12/14 07:58 PM
Quote:
Nope. It is $20 for the "home" version. For YouTube videos you have to get the commercial version. $50. I got it just to be safe. But it does make for some nice videos and screens. I'm having a heck of a time getting Fifa to play nice with it. It hitches a lot. But for this game. It does pretty darn good.

My next project is getting my Elgato hooked up to my ps4.
I have the El Gato but I can't get it to work right with my PC for some reason. The PS4 no problem. Id pretty much use that all the time If It wasnt an issue for me on PC.

# 69 BrianFifaFan @ 12/12/14 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I have the El Gato but I can't get it to work right with my PC for some reason. The PS4 no problem. Id pretty much use that all the time If It wasnt an issue for me on PC.
Yeah, I originally bought my Elgato to use for the PC. Watched all the videos, tried to feed it back into another USB port, hooked it to my son's PC (my old i7 860) and nothing worked. It's been sitting here collecting dust. I'm just loving that I'm at least in the ballpark with Action!. Fraps was another bit of money wasted. I refuse to go the torrent shopping route anymore. I have visions of The Feds taking my very expensive gear! LOL! So I buy all of this junk that sounds so good and works so flawlessly on the internet and YouTube in particular. Uh huh.... It works for everyone but me... I'm hoping to get the Elgato up and running. I want to give NBA Live some love. Gonna be hard! But I'm game, dang it!

# 70 tril @ 12/12/14 08:17 PM
like the patch so far...
shooting percentage have dropped and I loive this. the close out d is improved. so you really have to get good seperation or run off of screens to get good uncontested looks.

fouls- yes.. I hack too much. not a problem its back to playing defense with your ffet not your hands. hand up.. fundamentals... love this

-no hunch back on walkning the abll up

-rebounds- like what Im seeing. ball being tipped in the air, and battling for position is definitely improved.

-cpu takes what you give them. leave the lane open theyll still take it to the rack. adjust for that and theyll take mid range shots and 3's. l see alot of driving to the hopp and pulling up for midrange jumpers by the cpu- another plus

never cared for updates on the things like hair styles on players, but in the patch with theses updates its noticeable. nice but unimportant patch/update..

they fixed the in-game stats graphics. not really a fan of the graphics that take up half the screen... next year they should make the background on the half screen stats info more transparent. make the background transparent. as of right now its kind of an eye sore.

cant comment on anything in my player...

# 71 23 @ 12/12/14 09:27 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I originally bought my Elgato to use for the PC. Watched all the videos, tried to feed it back into another USB port, hooked it to my son's PC (my old i7 860) and nothing worked. It's been sitting here collecting dust. I'm just loving that I'm at least in the ballpark with Action!. Fraps was another bit of money wasted. I refuse to go the torrent shopping route anymore. I have visions of The Feds taking my very expensive gear! LOL! So I buy all of this junk that sounds so good and works so flawlessly on the internet and YouTube in particular. Uh huh.... It works for everyone but me... I'm hoping to get the Elgato up and running. I want to give NBA Live some love. Gonna be hard! But I'm game, dang it!
I think the El Gato only takes 1 USB to work but my issue was I have 2 monitors on my desk so the sound comes from 1 of them (the one hooked up via usb) and I couldn't get the sound to come out. I did get the picture up.

I just didn't feel like the hassle or only using one monitor and ironically I started hooking my PC up to my 60 inch anyway

# 72 joosegoose @ 12/12/14 10:18 PM
Has anyone figured out what the extra 1 Gb was all about? We got extra video config options, but did that take up 1 Gb?

# 73 jameel1321 @ 12/12/14 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bealdor
This is pretty much the only thing I don't like about this game. Those forced CPU comebacks kill a lot of the fun for me because you literally get punished for playing well.
totally agree.

# 74 lakers24 @ 12/13/14 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bealdor
This is pretty much the only thing I don't like about this game. Those forced CPU comebacks kill a lot of the fun for me because you literally get punished for playing well.
I've noticed if you are on the road it makes it harder to stop, but taking timeouts or pulling off a momentum swinging play does end the cpu's comeback. As an example, I've played a game since the patch as the Blazers in Washington. I got off to a great start and went up 15 in the second quarter. In the third they gradually closed the gap all the way to within 1 point and then I crossed John Wall and got a 3 point play with Damian Lillard which allowed me to pull away for good. There is some comeback logic but if you play to your teams strengths and know how to control tempo it's not op.

# 75 andun44 @ 12/13/14 08:13 AM
Can anyone tell me a quick way to check if steam automatically downloaded the patch or not? I don't remember seeing Steam downloading anything and there is nothing in the "Downloads" tab. If I try to see the update history it just takes me to the NBA 2k15 news page on Steam, and if I go to client or product updates there's nothing there.

Thank you for your help.

# 76 bcruise @ 12/13/14 12:13 PM
Got a question for anyone who's played the console game AND can tell the difference between 30 and 60 FPS without a counter - does the console use a "Dynamic VSYNC" effect for between-play scenes like you have an option for on the console? Just wondering because I think I've found a really nice balance with my graphics options and turning that on. Stays a smooth 60 in gameplay and then ratchets down to 30 for the closeups. Reminds me of the way The Show does it which isn't bad at all.

I really like having that option, since between-play scenes are just eye-candy to me.

# 77 Weeboogie @ 12/13/14 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andun44
Can anyone tell me a quick way to check if steam automatically downloaded the patch or not? I don't remember seeing Steam downloading anything and there is nothing in the "Downloads" tab. If I try to see the update history it just takes me to the NBA 2k15 news page on Steam, and if I go to client or product updates there's nothing there.

Thank you for your help.
There's probably easier ways but you could check either videosettingshelp.txt or VideoSettings.cfg in AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K15 to see if they include new features such as:

HAIRLOD
COLOR_CORRECTION
DEPTH_OF_FIELD
BLOOM
VOLUMETRIC_EFFECTS

which are new to this patch..

Oh also since the patch in Steam if I right click on nba2k15 and click properties it show the following:

File size: 51100MB on drive C:
Current content build id: 453503

# 78 lakers24 @ 12/13/14 02:20 PM
Quote:

Thank you for your help.
Load the game and see if Damian Lillard has a facescan.

# 79 andun44 @ 12/13/14 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeboogie
There's probably easier ways but you could check either videosettingshelp.txt or VideoSettings.cfg in AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K15 to see if they include new features such as:

HAIRLOD
COLOR_CORRECTION
DEPTH_OF_FIELD
BLOOM
VOLUMETRIC_EFFECTS

which are new to this patch..

Oh also since the patch in Steam if I right click on nba2k15 and click properties it show the following:

File size: 51100MB on drive C:
Current content build id: 453503
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Load the game and see if Damian Lillard has a facescan.
Thanks, it seems to have been updated. I thought I'd notice Steam doing a 4GB download but I guess I didn't.

# 80 23 @ 12/13/14 03:01 PM
Quote:
Thanks, it seems to have been updated. I thought I'd notice Steam doing a 4GB download but I guess I didn't.
Yeah when i first loaded, it did the DL immediately so the game didn't open up right away. I was looking at the DL box. Not sure if thats everyone's experience but it was mine. I have a 2k icon on my desktop I right click and run as admin so it loads faster , thats how i boot up.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.