Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

Another NBA Live 15 title update has arrived this morning. It includes Christmas uniforms and weighs in at 948 MB. The patch is currently available on the PlayStation 4.

We will update this post once it is available on Xbox One and/or we get any additional information on the update.

Let us know what you are seeing.

UPDATE: NBA Live 15 title update #2 will be available for Xbox One users tomorrow. Below are the details, taken from the official blog, which contains more than 400 improvements.

UPDATE #2: The blog has been updated. The patch will not arrive on Saturday, it has been changed to "Coming Soon".

Synergy will affect rosters both offline and online. If a player doesn't dress, he will not be available in online or offline Play Now. This will not affect Dynasty, Rising Star or Ultimate Team.

NEW PLAYER HEAD SCANS

Added 15 scanned player heads including:
  • Noah Vonleh
  • Shabazz Napier
  • Gary Harris
  • Elfrid Payton
  • Zach LaVine
  • Dario Saric
  • James Young
  • Nik Stauskas
  • T.J. Warren
  • Doug McDermott
CHRISTMAS DAY UNIFORMS
Added uniforms that teams will wear on Christmas Day

LIVE ULTIMATE TEAM
More than 50 bug fixes, as well as an improved interface for LUT Fantasy Challenges. Also added Quicksell Value view to Items, as well as Pack Bundles.

THREE-POINT SHOOTING
Adjustments to three-point shooting percentage and effectiveness, for both CPU and User controlled teams.

CONTESTED LAYUPS
Tuned collisions and contests when driving the lane and going up for a layup for more varied results. Expect more misses if there is heavy contact in the paint.

SIGNATURE JUMPERS AND FREE THROW ROUTINES
Added more authentic shooting animations for players around the league.

SHOT TIMING
We’ve made timing for releasing your shot more forgiving for both online and offline play. Now, the timing feels more natural and predictable.

BALL TRAJECTORY AND PHYSICS
Tuned the shot arc and rim physics for more organic shot types and results. Gone are the days where every made three-pointer is a swish.

DEFENSIVE BITE AND PUMP FAKE ANIMATIONS
Players will recover much quicker and have better overall positioning while defending dribble moves and fakes.

INBOUND PLAYS
Tuned the AI during inbound plays to be more responsive and initiate more movement.

SHOT FEEDBACK METER
Enhanced the feedback system to include your player’s rating for that particular shot type and whether you were open or not.

INVISIBLE BOUNDARIES
Cleaned up some of the invisible boundary issues when moving along the baseline with the ball.

STEAL ATTEMPTS
Tuned stealing to address spamming issues with results in more fouls being called.

END OF GAME AI
Address late game AI issues where players would not react or respond naturally – often causing them to dribble the ball out or not attempt a shot with the clock winding down.

INTENTIONAL FOUL
Adjusted the intentional foul animation to address player warping issues.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 The 24th Letter @ 12/12/14 10:05 PM
Nah man, lol

This isn't the CPU trying to get a two for one...they are just simply brain dead down the stretch. Walt pretty much described what happens a lot of the time perfectly. I also just had the Grizzlies inbound the ball down 53-48 and they ran the clock down to the buzzer to launch a 3 with C. Lee. Will upload it shortly.

Edit:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00006669704684

Something's just wrong with they way they are programmed to execute in late game situations...

# 102 Tonyattia @ 12/12/14 10:18 PM
I don't think they focused on fixing it for this year. I guess all they had time to do was graphics, animation, onboarding and presentation. If not this year they definitely have to fix it next year along with deeper modes and customization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 103 Walt Frazier @ 12/12/14 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyattia
I don't think they focused on fixing it for this year. I guess all they had time to do was graphics, animation, onboarding and presentation. If not this year they definitely have to fix it next year along with deeper modes and customization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They promised a fix for 14...and I know for a fact they have worked on it for 15.

The fact they have addressed it and worked on it and yet it is still there shows it can't be fixed.

It is the engine. That means 16 will have the bug also.

# 104 Walt Frazier @ 12/12/14 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Nah man, lol

This isn't the CPU trying to get a two for one...they are just simply brain dead down the stretch. Walt pretty much described what happens a lot of the time perfectly. I also just had the Grizzlies inbound the ball down 53-48 and they ran the clock down to the buzzer to launch a 3 with C. Lee. Will upload it shortly.

Edit:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00006669704684

Something's just wrong with they way they are programmed to execute in late game situations...

I think the issue is they CAN'T programme the CPU for specific situations...so, the CPU just plays normally and takes the best shot / doesn't realise it is down 3.

I don't want to sound negative, but FIFA had terrible late game AI for years and years. Only a new engine changed things. It looks like LIVE is stuck with this crap until they change the engine. I don't even know what to say at this point. It is the ultimate game killer in a sports game.

They are probably just going to ignore it from here and hope people like you stop bombarding their twitter feed with videos of late game AI failure

# 105 Calvenn @ 12/12/14 11:13 PM
This begs the question, what exactly was improved in regards to the late game ai? I also have the same question about the listed defensive improvements. Not to sound down about this patch ( have already noted the positives) but how can they make these statements when in some cases the situation has worsened or never improved?

# 106 nick_sr @ 12/12/14 11:15 PM
Watching some CPU v CPU and I must say that ea really did a great job addressing the high volume of shots that go in. Both teams are shooting below 45% instead of both teams shooting above 55%.

Aslo seeing more realistic scores

# 107 Walt Frazier @ 12/12/14 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvenn
This begs the question, what exactly was improved in regards to the late game ai? I also have the same question about the listed defensive improvements. Not to sound down about this patch ( have already noted the positives) but how can they make these statements when in some cases the situation has worsened or never improved?

Sometimes the late game CPU would not take ANY shot.

I.e. they would just dribble the clock out when down.

Going on their notes, I think they have addressed that.

END OF GAME AI
Address late game AI issues where players would not react or respond naturally – often causing them to dribble the ball out or not attempt a shot with the clock winding down.

I.e. nothing about "take the wrong shot / take a 2 when down three". They have carefully worded it, but it basically hasn't addressed the main issue.

# 108 nick_sr @ 12/12/14 11:17 PM
Quote:
Defense didn't change imo

# 109 benefactor @ 12/13/14 12:32 AM
Quote:
This begs the question, what exactly was improved in regards to the late game ai?
Not sure if you read the first post, but it mentions the CPU will now actually take a shot.

Before (and all through Live 14) the team with the ball often wouldn't even attempt a shot. This happened at any time during a game, no matter what the score or how much time left. It just looked even worse when a team was down with seconds remaining and instead of attempting a shot to win the game, they dribbled to the siren sounded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychitown312
For all those who didnt read ...

We also received some questions from fans about how the update is affecting rosters.

Synergy tendencies have always been a part of making NBA LIVE play like the real deal, and today we’ve added some new features to make the integration even better.

Synergy feeds us roster data every day so lineups reflect the real world:

- We reflect the last game played. That’s sometimes that can be two or three nights ago.
- All players are always available in Dynasty, Rising Star and Ultimate Team
- If a particular player didn’t dress, he will not show up in the lineup when entering Play Now (Both Offline and Online)
- If a player DNP but was on the bench, he’ll be available (unless there were 12 active players who played in the game, then DNP won’t be in the lineup).

This allows us to be in lockstep with the NBA, and always reflects the actual starting lineups on a day-to-day basis.
This is a terrible excuse and a cop-out.

Lebron didn't play last game in real life, so I can't load up the game I paid $60 for and play as him in a simple quick game.

Just ridiculous.

We all know how features (hopefully sliders etc) are talked about for future versions but this reads like it is intended. How the hell can EA not allow us to choose Live or Manual rosters? If we don't want to abide by the injury or trade list, we shouldn't have to.

# 110 WTF @ 12/13/14 12:37 AM
Awesome, LBJ is in the Cavs lineup. Updated 1 HR after the game was over.

# 111 TarHeelPhenom @ 12/13/14 12:45 AM
I believe that Walt is right regarding the bug being unfixable because the bug is in the engine. Looking back on EA games like NCAA Football where the CPU AI fails to recognize that it's down at the end and instead of runner ng hurry up to score, they still run the football. Or the bug where if you played on Heisman, if the CPU was inside the 50 yard line they would never punt. They would always kick FG no matter what. Just stupid simple stuff. Surely they know how cruicial late game AI is to basketball right?

# 112 Walt Frazier @ 12/13/14 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I believe that Walt is right regarding the bug being unfixable because the bug is in the engine. Looking back on EA games like NCAA Football where the CPU AI fails to recognize that it's down at the end and instead of runner ng hurry up to score, they still run the football. Or the bug where if you played on Heisman, if the CPU was inside the 50 yard line they would never punt. They would always kick FG no matter what. Just stupid simple stuff. Surely they know how cruicial late game AI is to basketball right?
Yes, it is the engine.

Which means it is stuck there for the forseeable future...and is a damm shame as it kills a basketball game.

# 113 benefactor @ 12/13/14 01:10 AM
No way.

I'm no programmer but I bet my house it's fixable.

# 114 Walt Frazier @ 12/13/14 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benefactor
No way.

I'm no programmer but I bet my house it's fixable.
Explain wh it has been there for two years?

And why several EA games have had similar problems that were not fixed until a new engine?

# 115 Calvenn @ 12/13/14 02:05 AM
Quick question for everyone playing the game post patch and reporting results particularly in regards to defensive enhancements. Are your defensive settings at default ( on ball auto, off ball auto) or have you modified the coaching settings? If so, what is your modification setting?

# 116 benefactor @ 12/13/14 03:24 AM
Placebo mate.

If you haven't got the patch you are just seeing stuff you never looked for before.

# 117 NimaAkaJoJo @ 12/13/14 07:03 AM
nothing on the xbox one yet.

# 118 RonRac1 @ 12/13/14 10:09 AM
Hey Fernando, can you pass along that in the next update or patch to give us the ability to use any arena specific camera angle in any arena we are playing in? Because I really like the Rockets camera angle, it's the best 1 to use that makes it feel like you are watching a live game on t.v. I hope that this is possible, because the camera angle is already in the game they should just give us the option to choose any team arena angle we wanna use... And I'm getting tired of just playing against the Rockets when I'm not playing online, cause I always play against them just for there camera angle!!!

# 119 The 24th Letter @ 12/13/14 10:53 AM
I've seen some late game situations that made sense pre patch as well, and hitting 15 3's at a 48% clip definitely isn't a surprise pre patch...that's the issue, it was too common place. That was a nice play though, don't think I've seen the AI run anything like that, even when they did take the appropriate shot.

Synergy may have something to do with it, but I seriously doubt you have some kind of 'pre patch patch' man...i don't think these changes as radically every day as we would like to think.

# 120 alexthegreat @ 12/13/14 11:31 AM
I knew something was up when they edited the blog yesterday lol

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNBA/stat...97726828564481

What in the world is going on with MS and b-ball patches this week?

Here's to hoping MS gets it together today

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.