Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

Another NBA Live 15 title update has arrived this morning. It includes Christmas uniforms and weighs in at 948 MB. The patch is currently available on the PlayStation 4.

We will update this post once it is available on Xbox One and/or we get any additional information on the update.

Let us know what you are seeing.

UPDATE: NBA Live 15 title update #2 will be available for Xbox One users tomorrow. Below are the details, taken from the official blog, which contains more than 400 improvements.

UPDATE #2: The blog has been updated. The patch will not arrive on Saturday, it has been changed to "Coming Soon".

Synergy will affect rosters both offline and online. If a player doesn't dress, he will not be available in online or offline Play Now. This will not affect Dynasty, Rising Star or Ultimate Team.

NEW PLAYER HEAD SCANS

Added 15 scanned player heads including:
  • Noah Vonleh
  • Shabazz Napier
  • Gary Harris
  • Elfrid Payton
  • Zach LaVine
  • Dario Saric
  • James Young
  • Nik Stauskas
  • T.J. Warren
  • Doug McDermott
CHRISTMAS DAY UNIFORMS
Added uniforms that teams will wear on Christmas Day

LIVE ULTIMATE TEAM
More than 50 bug fixes, as well as an improved interface for LUT Fantasy Challenges. Also added Quicksell Value view to Items, as well as Pack Bundles.

THREE-POINT SHOOTING
Adjustments to three-point shooting percentage and effectiveness, for both CPU and User controlled teams.

CONTESTED LAYUPS
Tuned collisions and contests when driving the lane and going up for a layup for more varied results. Expect more misses if there is heavy contact in the paint.

SIGNATURE JUMPERS AND FREE THROW ROUTINES
Added more authentic shooting animations for players around the league.

SHOT TIMING
We’ve made timing for releasing your shot more forgiving for both online and offline play. Now, the timing feels more natural and predictable.

BALL TRAJECTORY AND PHYSICS
Tuned the shot arc and rim physics for more organic shot types and results. Gone are the days where every made three-pointer is a swish.

DEFENSIVE BITE AND PUMP FAKE ANIMATIONS
Players will recover much quicker and have better overall positioning while defending dribble moves and fakes.

INBOUND PLAYS
Tuned the AI during inbound plays to be more responsive and initiate more movement.

SHOT FEEDBACK METER
Enhanced the feedback system to include your player’s rating for that particular shot type and whether you were open or not.

INVISIBLE BOUNDARIES
Cleaned up some of the invisible boundary issues when moving along the baseline with the ball.

STEAL ATTEMPTS
Tuned stealing to address spamming issues with results in more fouls being called.

END OF GAME AI
Address late game AI issues where players would not react or respond naturally – often causing them to dribble the ball out or not attempt a shot with the clock winding down.

INTENTIONAL FOUL
Adjusted the intentional foul animation to address player warping issues.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Playmakers @ 12/14/14 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by longranger
Remember if u wanted if it's in the game it's in the game, well u got it w the rosters. I'm a huge 2K fan, but I got this 4 30 bucks and having fun w it.
don't go there because if that was true then "Lob City" would be in the game right?

# 162 Walt Frazier @ 12/14/14 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
don't go there because if that was true then "Lob City" would be in the game right?
Exactly...

Synergy is an absolute myth and the guys trying to hype it up are doing everyone a massive disservice. I just tried a game v the Cavs and Kyrie brought the ball up almost every time and, when he didn't, they passed it to him immediately upon crossing the half court. In other words, an entirely point guard dominated offense. LeBron? Spot up shooter plus fast breaks only.

And yet in real life Lebron carries the ball most of the time. Isn' synery 'supposed' to reflect that.

EVERY team in NBA Live has a point guard dominated offense because it is generic basketball and nothing at all team specific....not even close. The Knicks don't have a triangle offense. No teams have their own offenses.

Yet synergy is touted as this great tool that puts realistic nba play into the game.

Absolutely not true. It is a complete myth.

# 163 rudyjuly2 @ 12/14/14 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maafla1
I admit I'm comparing it to the version I used to play on my PC in the late 90's. That version was awesome. Where did EA Sports lose its way?
For me it was the PS2. Live was awesome on SNES and PS1 but the first game on PS2 was terrible. Next one not a lot better and I gave up on bball games for a long time. I did like Live 10 and then they quit.

# 164 WTF @ 12/14/14 09:55 AM
They snuck in Chris Anderson

Tattoo's and detail look incredible.

I'm going to find some time to play to see if I can replicate some late game AI issues. All 3 games I've played thus far have been good. I'm trying to convert my Bucks/Clippers game. It had 1 part that had me scared, thinking it was going to bug, but the last 2 possessions were good.

# 165 The 24th Letter @ 12/14/14 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedrum
The good thing I pull out of all of these comments is nobody is saying that the game play is terrible. All the comments are about synergy and I can live with that but I understand the frustration. In defense of online play in 2k last year I remember when Kobie was out you couldn't play with him online until the season was over so what is the big issue here.

I can understand online, I think players being inactive offline when you want to play a quick game is my and a lot of others issue.

As far is the gameplay, it's not 'terrible' and has never been IMO...just a couple of issues that hurt the experience. As of right now, I'd have to say I've enjoyed my games against the CPU more pre patch. All the misses on green releases gives that 'cheap' feeling to the game that I didn't really feel before, and it seems like the A.I just spams the paint for most of their points now...

# 166 GisherJohn24 @ 12/14/14 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvenn
Yes, the cpu is too easily stifled post patch, simply atrocious fg%'s. It may play out OK cpu vs cpu however vs human is TOTALLY a different story. I have devised global defensive strategy modifications that actually make this issue more tolerable until they can release a fix for this. There is a thread for this. The main changes are onball defense> Tight(or Normal if you need more offensive output from cpu) and off ball defense> auto.

I just wish we didn't have to resort to these steps to address a problem created by a patch.

I'm not seeing this on my end. Last few games cpu on all star shot very good. Over 50% fg . I'm not seeing those low %. On ps4 10 min qtr all star level.

# 167 GisherJohn24 @ 12/14/14 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
They snuck in Chris Anderson

Tattoo's and detail look incredible.

I'm going to find some time to play to see if I can replicate some late game AI issues. All 3 games I've played thus far have been good. I'm trying to convert my Bucks/Clippers game. It had 1 part that had me scared, thinking it was going to bug, but the last 2 possessions were good.

I played an amazing back and fourth game against the Clips. I was the Cavs. At one point I was down 25. The momentum swings are incredible on this game IMO. I love the new patch. Good going ea. Oh, I lost my game by 5 tho.

# 168 The 24th Letter @ 12/14/14 12:00 PM
Played the Bulls and Thunder this morning, both shot over 45% and kept the game a lot more competitive, so that's a good sign

# 169 TSGuy @ 12/14/14 12:14 PM
Was down 13 in the 3rd against Grizz, managed to come back within the last minute of the game Dragic gunning down a open 3, quickly moved around to get open right after a time out. Was so happy b/c I was missing open shots earlier in the game.

People keep wanting, edit rosters, add sliders. I think they can put them into the game, but im pretty sure that would be some intensive amount of coding and testing. I'm sure next year there will be both or atleast one of them.

# 170 Calvenn @ 12/14/14 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I'm not seeing this on my end. Last few games cpu on all star shot very good. Over 50% fg . I'm not seeing those low %. On ps4 10 min qtr all star level.
Actually after logging into the EA servers and obtaining the roster update ( which I purposely stayed away from since some players were initially missing or on wrong teams etc after patch was released) I noticed gameplay was smoother and a bit more open. Not sure if there was some other update snuck in recently as well. Anyhow, after making this observation I returned my defensive settings to default and noticed that the cpu did shoot higher but realistic fg%'s depending on the team being played off course. The issue though is that they rarely took and more importantly made 3 point or mid range shots! I'd guess 95 plus % of shots were drives to paint or shots in paint.

I played 2 consecutive games against the Cavs at their home court with the Wizards for example. Once using my defensive changes and the other with default defensive values. With my settings, I lost the game by 10 points and they hit a respectable amount of mid range and 3 point shots. Not perfect but better. With the default values I won by 6 points while LeBron was virtually non existent. He missed several shots and was blocked other times. Kyrie could not do much either. Who were their top scorers? You guessed it, Love, Varajao, Tristan. What do they have in common? Yes, they are all post players!

They need to balance this out. I'm thrilled with the defensive intensity post patch, this is good for the replay value of the game however the gameplay and stats should also mimic real life basketball. This is an issue as of now. I must say that the game does play better now with default defensive settings than it did before I downloaded the Rosters via Synergy! They are definitely on the right track and I hope they can tweak mid range and 3 point shooting slightly more via other non patch update.

# 171 Tonyattia @ 12/14/14 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
Exactly...

Synergy is an absolute myth and the guys trying to hype it up are doing everyone a massive disservice. I just tried a game v the Cavs and Kyrie brought the ball up almost every time and, when he didn't, they passed it to him immediately upon crossing the half court. In other words, an entirely point guard dominated offense. LeBron? Spot up shooter plus fast breaks only.

And yet in real life Lebron carries the ball most of the time. Isn' synery 'supposed' to reflect that.

EVERY team in NBA Live has a point guard dominated offense because it is generic basketball and nothing at all team specific....not even close. The Knicks don't have a triangle offense. No teams have their own offenses.

Yet synergy is touted as this great tool that puts realistic nba play into the game.

Absolutely not true. It is a complete myth.

Synergy doesn't tell them who has the ball on offense. That's just because of their small playcalling selection. They just didn't add plays that start with anyone but the pg. synergy just does individual player tendencies like where they spot up, if they run more pick and roll or isos. Whether they drive left or right ect. With that said they need to focus on playcalling next year along with post game and late game ai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 172 alexthegreat @ 12/14/14 01:23 PM
Glad to see all these thorough impressions. Makes the wait for the X1 patch a bit easier.

Never thought I'd actually be anticipating a regular Monday

# 173 The 24th Letter @ 12/14/14 01:28 PM
I would disagree that Synergy is useless because at the very least it stopped teams like the Mavericks from constantly posting up Tyson Chandler once it started updating.,..

The biggest flaw with Synergy and something that's been a flaw with Live for years is that it doesn't drive players to play like themselves...unless your a scoring point guard....

You'll see things like Harden not get a shot until late in the 2nd/3rd quarter, or Dirk get the majority of his points by rebounds/put backs etc....differentiating players/teams should be a bug focus for next year..

# 174 sportyguyfl31 @ 12/14/14 03:15 PM
Warriors shot 4-15 from 3 in the game that I played on 8 min qtrs., superstar.

I'll upload the game in a bit

# 175 nick_sr @ 12/14/14 03:26 PM
I have no problem with the missed 3's but the mid range need yo be tweaked!!!

# 176 Tonyattia @ 12/14/14 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I would disagree that Synergy is useless because at the very least it stopped teams like the Mavericks from constantly posting up Tyson Chandler once it started updating.,..

The biggest flaw with Synergy and something that's been a flaw with Live for years is that it doesn't drive players to play like themselves...unless your a scoring point guard....

You'll see things like Harden not get a shot until late in the 2nd/3rd quarter, or Dirk get the majority of his points by rebounds/put backs etc....differentiating players/teams should be a bug focus for next year..

I believe the real reason is you can't call player specific plays. If you could they could program the ai to call plays for certain players, and have like. A first second and third optio type thing where the first gets the most calls, then the second ect. For teams with two stars then maybe like a 1-a and 1-b. But right now the cpu just calls any play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 177 louie dogs @ 12/14/14 05:24 PM
For the xbox one is avaiable the new patch?

# 178 ScoobySnax @ 12/14/14 05:51 PM
Are you guys seeing variation now in ball/rim interaction?

# 179 BattleBornLV @ 12/14/14 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
Are you guys seeing variation now in ball/rim interaction?
I've seen a few but not as much as the patch notes made it seem you would. A few bounces off the front of the rim and in but still a lot of swishes.

# 180 WTF @ 12/14/14 06:02 PM

Heres that late game AI w the Clippers and Bucks. I've got another video of the ball hanging on the rim and then falling it. It was very nice.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.