Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

It has become relatively popular to turn the Philadelphia 76ers into the punchline of any NBA joke. They struggled mightily to get their first win of 2014 and things haven't looked much better in past seasons. They're headed straight for another top pick, but is that necessarily a bad thing? The 76ers may have a plan, and it's up to you to follow along in your NBA 2K15 association. Here are three moves you can make to help speed along the process:

1. Use 2014/2015 to get Comfortable: You may not be able to play with shot-blocking phenom Joel Embiid, but the rest of your roster should basically be playing for a spot on next year's team.

It's no secret that the 76ers have been stocking up on draft picks, so you can assume that a good portion of your current roster is going to be gone in favor of younger talent. See what you have in guys like Carter-Williams and Malcolm Lee, and go from there.

2. Save Cap Space: In one or two years, people are going to stop laughing at the 76ers and start wanting to be the 76ers. Save your money for a top flight talent in free agency, because it won't be long before the 76ers have a talent studded roster that a superstar is going to want to tag themselves to.

3. Develop Nerlens Noel: This may seem like a no-brainer, but it's easy to pawn Noel off as being a force strictly on the defensive end. Do what you can to develop his offensive game, and hope that when Embiid is finally healthy, the two can play a cohesive game of basketball together.

Have you played as the 76ers? What would you do to turn the franchise around?

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jeebs9 @ 12/12/14 04:52 PM
I'm a huge MCW follower. I love playing up tempo with them. I've actually trade Joel...for picks. And I usually get Jahlil Okafor lol...

# 2 HowDareI @ 12/12/14 05:49 PM
I've been playing as the Sixers so far, playing a game every night they actually play (after watching irl) and trading players/picks along with actual trades.

MCW is averaging 18 pts, 6 rpg, and 9 apg.
Nerlens is averaging 12, 11, and 3 bpg.
Wroten is my main scorer with 19 a game.
And KJ averages 14, 4 rpg, 3 apg, 2 spg, 2 bpg.

We're doing a lot better than my actual Sixers are, right now we've actually won 6 games and I keep most close. I'm hoping to trade away my top pick this year and maybe a player or two and getting a star out of the deal...someone who can be the main scorer on the team when we're in the half court where we struggle.

# 3 evanreyes @ 12/12/14 07:41 PM
In my first year, MCW and Noel got injured. Wroten was my star, averaging about 20 a game. I ended up trading him during the draft to trade up to #1 (from #5) and I took an absolute stud. He was a slightly undersized (6-7) SF from Germany. He was basically Nicolas Batum. He played great defense and could shoot. The next year, I traded a much better KJ McDaniels and a bunch of draft picks for Kevin Martin and Shabazz Muhammad. In the 2016 season, I won the east.

# 4 swishfury @ 12/12/14 09:56 PM
Currently on my 2nd season with the 76ers and record's at 46-8. Signed Greg Monroe and Klay Thompson in the off season to help with the offense. I have Noel coming off the bench together with Wroten. Traded for The Greek Freak as well to help on the SF spot. MCW is currently averaging 21 ppg 6 rpg 13 apg.

# 5 Str0mTropper @ 12/13/14 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
I'm a real life Sixers fan! I use the Sixers in NBA 2k 15! I'm proud to say I won the NBA title in my first season in My GM mode on the Playstation 4 version! And just starting my second season! Unfortunately the real life Sixers are very bad and my video game Sixers are is the closet to experiencing a Championship ill probably have in my lifetime lol.
If you're a real fan you should realize they aren't the bad in real life. If you watched every game you'll see they could have a easy 10-15 wins right now. At least 10 of the losses were by 5 points or fewer.

# 6 willy981 @ 12/13/14 10:08 AM
After being a life-long Kobe/Lakers fan,i decided to find a new team.So back in 2012-2013 season when the Sixers went to the Quarter Finals,I've became hooked and officially became a Sixers fan when they drafted MCW & my boy Nerlens Noel.I live in Nashville and I get ****ted on for being a Sixers fan.Can't wait to see them have some real-life success so them Bandwagoners can come on aboard

# 7 BenGerman @ 12/13/14 01:03 PM
Agreed that the 76ers are nearly as bad as they are made out to be. This is the easiest rebuild of the teams I've written about, I would think.

# 8 BigBadTom @ 12/13/14 06:31 PM
I have already taken them to the finals by year two. What I ended up doing was trading Shump and Stat to the 76ers (I eat Stats cap hit for the knicks), I kinda cheated by signing Eric Bledsoe but I justified this by saying I would have offered him a max deal this past off season. I moved a few minor players around and got an extra 1st rounder from it. From there I traded MCW and the 1st rounder I got for Andrew Wiggins (remember MCW has a high potential rating and is already an 80 OVR). I played the season and ended up getting the 2nd pick in the draft the next year, from there I traded the pick (the draft was loaded) and Jerami Grant (who I developed into a quality player) to Charlotte for Noah Vonleh and MKG. Ended up also getting Thomas Robinson in another trade somehow. Ended up with a group of starters with Eric Bledsoe, Shump, Wiggins, Noel, Embiid. I have MKG as the 6th man, Vonleh as 7th and I have spent a lot of effort and developed Carrick Felix into a quality rotational player with a 3 pt shot. Also have KJ McDaniels, Thomas Robinson, Tony Wroten, Henry Simms, Cleanthony Early on the team as well. Of course there isn't a player over 26 on the team, but with Wiggins, Embiid and Noel all reaching around 88 OVR by my second year with lethal offensive games, we ended up being a great team. While I will eventually be raped by the max deals I will be forced to pay to Wiggins and Embiid, (I got noel to sign his deal before he got really good in this most recent year 2016) and big deals to pay Vonleh, it is a great team that can be formed quickly. While there is no way this would work in real life, the game offered me all of the trades and I never had to use a VC pitch to do this. I was impressed on how quickly I turned the team around.

# 9 timisone @ 12/14/14 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadTom
I have already taken them to the finals by year two. What I ended up doing was trading Shump and Stat to the 76ers (I eat Stats cap hit for the knicks), I kinda cheated by signing Eric Bledsoe but I justified this by saying I would have offered him a max deal this past off season. I moved a few minor players around and got an extra 1st rounder from it. From there I traded MCW and the 1st rounder I got for Andrew Wiggins (remember MCW has a high potential rating and is already an 80 OVR). I played the season and ended up getting the 2nd pick in the draft the next year, from there I traded the pick (the draft was loaded) and Jerami Grant (who I developed into a quality player) to Charlotte for Noah Vonleh and MKG. Ended up also getting Thomas Robinson in another trade somehow. Ended up with a group of starters with Eric Bledsoe, Shump, Wiggins, Noel, Embiid. I have MKG as the 6th man, Vonleh as 7th and I have spent a lot of effort and developed Carrick Felix into a quality rotational player with a 3 pt shot. Also have KJ McDaniels, Thomas Robinson, Tony Wroten, Henry Simms, Cleanthony Early on the team as well. Of course there isn't a player over 26 on the team, but with Wiggins, Embiid and Noel all reaching around 88 OVR by my second year with lethal offensive games, we ended up being a great team. While I will eventually be raped by the max deals I will be forced to pay to Wiggins and Embiid, (I got noel to sign his deal before he got really good in this most recent year 2016) and big deals to pay Vonleh, it is a great team that can be formed quickly. While there is no way this would work in real life, the game offered me all of the trades and I never had to use a VC pitch to do this. I was impressed on how quickly I turned the team around.
Eric Bledsoe signed with PHX for five years. I am doing one now, I have MCW, Wade, a rookie sf, Noel and Cousins. I traded Embid and 1st pick for Cousins. Wade was a free agent. I am still struggling, Think about trading MCW. I need another scorer.

# 10 Crystar500 @ 12/14/14 07:52 PM
I am doing the Sixers now in MyLeague. I traded K.J. in the first year and managed to steal Hardaway Jr. away from the Knicks. I tried playing division games only to see if we could burst into the playoffs, but that was a pipe dream. We ended up going 17-65.

So, at the start of the second season, we ended up with a lineup of:
PG Michael Carter-Williams
SG Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF Brian Singletary (First pick in the draft. Not much of a shot, bulky, and can get to the rim. Pretty nice #1 pick.)
PF Nerlens Noel
C Joel Embiid
6th Tony Wroten

On our bench, we have a crop of nice young talent. I mixed some veterans in there to be realistic. Young teams need some veterans. So, I added Elton Brand and I got J.R. Smith's expiring on board. Maybe I can move J.R. for something. Resigned Mbah a Moute too. I want to keep him and Embiid together.

The Sixers also have a lot of picks in the 2015 draft. I had five on draft night. I was able to draft support at every position, bolstering the roster.

Loving Wroten, by the way. Great backup to MCW. I upgraded MCW's potential in training camps, so his rating will skyrocket soon from an 82. Noel has gotten a bit better in the post, but for now is best used like Tyson Chandler. Embiid is a beast. And Hardaway is just lights-out from three.

Maybe we can sneak into the playoffs? The division is pretty weak. Rondo jetted away from Boston for Sac-Town to play with Boogie Cousins, the New York teams are pretty sucky (even though the Knicks signed Al Jefferson), and the Raptors are pretty much the only threat. If we can knock off the Raptors, we can sneak away the division, maybe.

Sixers are really fun this year in franchise modes!

# 11 Bake04 @ 12/15/14 07:06 AM
Well myself (being a die-hard Sixers fan) picked up A.I. From the legendary 2000-01 team and traded for Andre Iguodala to have a good veteran presence and a superstar. We were 41-41 my first year with a first round playoff loss to the Bulls. My second year we picked up three rookies, an athletic wing, a 3-point shooting guard and another big to develop along with Noel and K.J. McDaniels (traded Embiid). We have a solid foundation for the future and it helped that I repla Brett Brown with one of 2K's A grade coaches. We'll be able to truly compete in 2016-17.

# 12 timisone @ 12/17/14 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bake04
Well myself (being a die-hard Sixers fan) picked up A.I. From the legendary 2000-01 team and traded for Andre Iguodala to have a good veteran presence and a superstar. We were 41-41 my first year with a first round playoff loss to the Bulls. My second year we picked up three rookies, an athletic wing, a 3-point shooting guard and another big to develop along with Noel and K.J. McDaniels (traded Embiid). We have a solid foundation for the future and it helped that I repla Brett Brown with one of 2K's A grade coaches. We'll be able to truly compete in 2016-17.
Did you say AI? Hmm, think he doesn't play basketball anymore. Maybe you should get DJ too! Charles Barkley too?

I have my starting 5 as, Cousins, Noel, Rookie sf, Butler who I traded mcw to get and some rookie pg. So for in my 3 year I am 3-3. MCW was a turn over machine for me. And I got Cousin with Embild and a first round pick. Cousins is a beast in the post, better scorer then Embid imo.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.