Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

More MLB 15 The Show details have been revealed by Target. They also have a special pre-order price of $39.99 for PlayStation 4 gamers, but many are getting errors when trying to get it at that price, (thanks for the heads up Gleebo)!

Some of the new details that have been revealed on their product page include a new New Human IK Engine, new Tag System, revamped commentary, overhauled Franchise mode and more.

For the first time, partnerships with real-world equipment brands will bring MLB-accurate bats, gloves, shoes, and batting gloves to the game. Customize your Road to The Show player in the best gear from the sport’s best brands.

It’s not just the gear that’s more authentic this year. Players and teams also have more unique personalities and styles plus a wide array of emotional reactions to all the heartbreak and triumph on the field.

And that field will be more action-packed with new animations, a new tag system, and completely new Human IK engine. In 2015, playing the field will be as exciting as stepping up to the plate.

MLB 15 The Show also features major graphical improvements. Enhanced stadium lighting, Improved gloss and specular, resulting in more natural lighting on players. Seasonal day/night transitions have also been added into the world of The Show.

And the improvements aren’t all animations and graphics. The game itself has gotten deeper with more ways to play, earn rewards, and put together a Hall of Fame career.

Best of all, Universal rewards will mean that all of that gameplay earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards. We’re introducing 30 Iconic MLB Alumni into our virtual player card pool, 1 representative for each team. These players span every historic baseball era of the last 70 years. Like all of our Universal Rewards, you have a chance of finding a historic virtual player card to add to your collection and utilize throughout MLB 15 The Show.

Make yourself a legend and never start your career or season over again. With Year-to-Year saves, users will be able to continue their Road to The Show players and Franchises from MLB 14 The Show into MLB 15 The show, and into future releases.“

All of that is only scratching the surface of how MLB 15 The Show is ready to prove that Baseball Is Better. Revamped commentary, improved load times, and an overhauled franchise mode are also on-deck to help make the 10th edition of The Show the best one yet.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Turbojugend @ 12/30/14 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeau
Overhauled franchise...with no details.
Remember, this information came from a Target pre-order page. Details will come when Sony makes an official announcement.

# 102 Bobhead @ 12/30/14 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeau
Overhauled franchise...with no details. I don't really care for the rest to warrant purchasing. When I know what "overhaul" means to them, I will make a decision.
Turns out, we aren't getting any more information about the game and it comes out tomorrow.

# 103 Ghost Of The Year @ 12/30/14 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Turns out, we aren't getting any more information about the game and it comes out tomorrow.
Well, now there's no way I'm going to sleep tonight.
In fact, I'm heading to Target to get in line right now.
When Target asks what I'm doing I'll tell'em it's okay, I pre-ordered.

# 104 Bobhead @ 12/30/14 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
They had a bare bones of this idea back in Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball on the NES. It was essentially a mini-game inside the game. You basically had to guess where to put the tag down to get a guy out on a close play at a base. I'd rather the game just decide what tag to use in any given situation. Tag plays happen so quickly that I don't think you'd even have enough time to swivel left or right to get a guy out unless they put it in slow motion, which would make hook slides incredibly overused.

Obviously, if they included your idea they'd give us the option to turn it off as that's something they do well with The Show. I just don't see many people using it as it sounds very confusing and tough to implement in a way that doesn't completely ruin the immersion.

Personally, I hope it's just a fixed code that makes tags more fluid and varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
No, totally. When I suggested it this was a part of an entire package of new controls called Pro Control Defense that included a catch button, squaring up to fly balls (to center up or for players tagging up), a sprint feature, fake-throws, a momentum system for throwing, and even shading the sun. Tagging was just the icing on the cake with all of this, and it was essentially a set of "advanced controls" much like 2K had as an option in hockey games.

I just don't see how a "new tagging system" or whatever would be a back-of-the-box feature of something for gameplay improvements that would be something which we would notice if they didn't tell us. Sure, we could say "Oh I saw a new tagging animation the other day," but I don't ever recall tagging really being an issue of mine in this game. Sure tags are missed sometimes, but that's just a part of the sport. Unless they do something like cancelling tags (ducking out of the animation for other play) or something like moving around the bag for hook slides as I said earlier, it's tough to figure out how this will change gameplay.

EDIT: Actually, what might be nice about this feature mixed with the Human IK Engine is the game might be able to recognize when the glove actually touches the player, so maybe this game will have a challenge system where you can challenge actual missed/late tags, etc. That would be cool.
As long as the window was fairly lenient a tag button would be cool. I wouldn't want anything overly difficult though... not when I still have to focus on catching the ball and throwing to a base, looking at the runner window, etc...

Not that a video game is harder than real baseball but I have a lot to look at already, far more than just the approaching runner.

# 105 Quigley2324 @ 12/31/14 12:47 AM
Intrigued by the integration of virtual cards to the game. Hopefully they're like Madden cards from the mid-2000s.

Played MVP Baseball 2005 for the first time in several years today. The show needs to add more gameplay modes! Franchise/dynasty and RTTS is great, but adding a comprehensive owner mode would make the game so much more enjoyable over long periods of time.

# 106 Artman22 @ 12/31/14 01:34 AM
All the added features sound good, but to me I want new commentators, because Matt V is way too boing and and tired of hearing him in the show. The next thing is I hope they worked on the online of this game. MLB 14 was a hit or miss and for MLB 15 it should be a priority. Besides those 2 things everything else sounds good and I can't wait to hear more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 107 aguero90 @ 12/31/14 06:44 AM
I agree, unless they make sure he gets way more into it, he has to go. He's like the old guy who can't catch up to the fastball, time for a new voice, its been 9 years. His contract is the worst in baseball.

# 108 redsox4evur @ 12/31/14 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley2324
Intrigued by the integration of virtual cards to the game. Hopefully they're like Madden cards from the mid-2000s.

Played MVP Baseball 2005 for the first time in several years today. The show needs to add more gameplay modes! Franchise/dynasty and RTTS is great, but adding a comprehensive owner mode would make the game so much more enjoyable over long periods of time.
Dude virtual cards have been in the games for years now. It is called Diamond Dynasty. It is an Ultimate Team like game mode, nothing like Madden had back in the mid 2000's where you earned cards and could use during regular games. It is more like Madden now in terms of it is UT. All they are doing is doing what others before them have done, which is brought legends into the game.

# 109 PorkySpurs14 @ 12/31/14 03:26 PM
Could ya tell to them to add commentary and banners about being Champions in franchise mode (after winning the division, world series..ect). I would like to hear them say hear are your 2016 )ALCS, world series) champions and seeing a generic banner or sign saying that..also kicking opening day off with world series banner presentation after winning it the following year..

# 110 bxphenom7 @ 12/31/14 03:28 PM
Being able to challenge plays/arguing with umpires has to finally be in too

# 111 Knight165 @ 12/31/14 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
Being able to challenge plays/arguing with umpires has to finally be in too
Hopefully the challenge system is in(it's only been 1 year...so I don't know what you mean by "finally").....but I don't think we'll ever get arguments.
I'm fairly certain the MLB is not allowing this in games.
(please don't say "it's in blah blah blah '05....different times and the MLB has tightened it's rules on it's image portrayed in gaming)

M.K.
Knight165

# 112 RyanLaFalce @ 12/31/14 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Hopefully the challenge system is in(it's only been 1 year...so I don't know what you mean by "finally").....but I don't think we'll ever get arguments.
I'm fairly certain the MLB is not allowing this in games.
(please don't say "it's in blah blah blah '05....different times and the MLB has tightened it's rules on it's image portrayed in gaming)

M.K.
Knight165
What about suspensions? Is that something that can't be in-game anymore?

# 113 Bobhead @ 12/31/14 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
What about suspensions? Is that something that can't be in-game anymore?
It's not so much the suspensions themselves, as the reasons. MLB doesn't want drug use, steroids, etc... in the game. THey don't want actual crimes (domestic abuse etc...) in the game.

If you take away all that, I can't think of any other reason a player can even be suspended.

# 114 Jimmydm90 @ 12/31/14 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
It's not so much the suspensions themselves, as the reasons. MLB doesn't want drug use, steroids, etc... in the game. THey don't want actual crimes (domestic abuse etc...) in the game.

If you take away all that, I can't think of any other reason a player can even be suspended.

On field brawl. Throwing at players deliberately.

Though I doubt they'd let those in the game. How was MLB slugfest allowed to exist?

# 115 redsox4evur @ 12/31/14 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
On field brawl. Throwing at players deliberately.

Though I doubt they'd let those in the game. How was MLB slugfest allowed to exist?
Not wanting to derail the thread. But nowadays Slugfest would not be allowed at all. I loved that game though easily top 3 baseball series out there.

# 116 RyanLaFalce @ 12/31/14 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Not wanting to derail the thread. But nowadays Slugfest would not be allowed at all. I loved that game though easily top 3 baseball series out there.
I agree, and I'm sure the NFL wouldn't allow another true Blitz game. The remake a few years ago was a shell of what it used to be.

# 117 redsox4evur @ 12/31/14 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
I agree, and I'm sure the NFL wouldn't allow another true Blitz game. The remake a few years ago was a shell of what it used to be.
To be honest I like Blitz the League II great game for when you get bored with Madden. But we should stay on track and talk about MLB the Show not these other games.

# 118 aguero90 @ 01/01/15 02:48 PM
Happy New Year to all! Here's to a great baseball season, and a great mlb the show.

# 119 countryboy @ 01/01/15 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Happy New Year to all! Here's to a great baseball season, and a great mlb the show.
When the calendar hits January, I start to really get excited for the next installment of the Show. I know that information will start to come in and baseball season is just around the corner.

# 120 aguero90 @ 01/01/15 03:43 PM
For me, its right after the final seconds of the super bowl, then we're really close! Although spring training is a little late, March 3.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.