Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

Another NBA Live 15 roster update has arrived today, which includes changes for 441 players. It also adds changes to depth charts, player movement and injury updates, as well as some accessory updates.

It includes the trades that have happened recently, including Dion Waiters to the Oklahoma City Thunder, J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert (injured for Tip Off/Play Now games) to the Cleveland Cavaliers, Anthony Tolliver to the Detroit Pistons, free agent Josh Smith headed to the Houston Rockets and free agent Tarik Black going to the Los Angeles Lakers.

Currently, Timofey Mozgov isn't on the Cleveland Cavaliers roster, but hopefully he will be added as soon as he plays in his first game with his new team. But it remains to be seen how long it will take.

For some reason the link to all of the changes isn't working, but when it does, we will update this post.

UPDATE: Below is a list of some of the changes you will see in the roster update. Fernando has sent us the Excel spreadsheet with all of the changes. Download it here.

GOING UP
  • Alex Len +5 (70)
  • Rudy Gobert +4 (74)
  • Tony Wroten +3 (76)
  • Jimmy Butler +3 (86)
  • Ben McLemore +3 (75)
  • Cole Aldrich +3 (71)
  • Solomon Hill +3 (67)
  • Steven Adams +3 (80)
  • Andre Roberson +3 (64)
GOING DOWN
  • Al Jefferson -3 (83)
  • Lance Stephenson -3 (83)
  • Jose Calderon -2 (76)
  • Carmelo Anthony -2 (89)
  • Jason Smith -2 (65)
  • Tim Hardaway Jr. -2 (71)
  • Kobe Bryant -2 (86)
  • Ryan Anderson -2 (75)
  • Louis Williams -2 (74)
  • Goran Dragic -2 (82)
  • Andrew Wiggins -2 (78)
  • Andre Iguodala -2 (85)

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Mintsa @ 01/09/15 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
FINALLY...........Live 15 resembles real life basketball.

The Positives

CPU attempting mid range shots

The correct CPU players attempting threes

Drive and kick game

High post ups

More varied ball and rim animations

Step back jumpers finally are effective

USER can hit threes and mid range jumpers

Good ball handlers can finally destroy not so good defenders

CPU pass the ball around more effectively most of the time

Good CPU shooters are quick to let it fly if you leave them space, like it should be

Centers no longer do that baseline reverse layup cheese gliding along the invisible wall

Post players pass the ball back out

Saw Chris Paul do a floater

The negatives

There are times where the motion is stagnant and players just stand around

CPU Centers and Power Forwards shoot too many fade away jumpers still, every shot don't need to be a fade

Screen play don't work some times. They will collide with another player and instead of continuing across, they will just go back to their original spot.

Is there more ball/rim interaction then after the patch??

# 22 Gotmadskillzson @ 01/09/15 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Is there more ball/rim interaction then after the patch??
You see more bounce ups and drop in type of shots. Also some bounce up and over the backboard type of shots. So that is nice that not every shot is all net like it use to be. Finally they have added that if you too far under the basket when you attempt a shot you will hit the under side of the backboard. This was long over due. It use to be the game automatically adjusted the shot animation to some weird looking reverse lay up attempt.

# 23 benefactor @ 01/09/15 11:38 PM
Hate to keep saying it, but until EA release patch notes to say this includes gameplay fixes/changes, you are all just experiencing a placebo effect again.

And if EA really are silently updating things, they are crazy for doing so without actually saying so.

There's been lots of broken videogames in the last 12 months. A few of them have redeemed themselves with a number of important patches. If Live is getting fixed, tell the damn world about it.

I can't stress how amateurish this is to patch a game and not say so.

# 24 jaychitown312 @ 01/09/15 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benefactor
Hate to keep saying it, but until EA release patch notes to say this includes gameplay fixes/changes, you are all just experiencing a placebo effect again.

And if EA really are silently updating things, they are crazy for doing so without actually saying so.

There's been lots of broken videogames in the last 12 months. A few of them have redeemed themselves with a number of important patches. If Live is getting fixed, tell the damn world about it.

If the game plays better an EA says its fixed, it doesn't matter til the people that play the game can tell the difference. I would rather it be that way. then them telling me and i notice it still has not been fixed.

# 25 donkey33 @ 01/10/15 12:20 AM
Won't have a chance to play for a few days. Seems it's playing a better basketball game from the comments but any difference in team/player differentiation?

# 26 The 24th Letter @ 01/10/15 12:22 AM
Quote:

I thought Schwall said he would let us know when shooting has been touched...

# 27 Calvenn @ 01/10/15 12:25 AM
Also, and I don't recall the thread, an EA dev from the gameplay department, did mention that he would be applying new changes to the game during this period of time as I recall. I have not seen a follow - up as of yet, however, he made a few comments in that thread (search around). Obviously it would be beneficial if notes were added and we were kept in the loop, but as Jay pointed out, it is good to see these changes actually taking place. I have been studying certain aspects of the game meticulously (or tried at least) and I can state unequivocally that they have been actively addressing my observations and the requests being submitted to them.

Hopefully we'll hear an update soon from the dev as he stated.

# 28 benefactor @ 01/10/15 04:41 AM
Just downloaded the update. You guys are kidding right? It was a few kb's, maybe a mb at most. There was no gameplay change.

I just played two full games and nothing has changed.

I don't want to say you look silly for constantly seeing what you want to see, but you have to start giving the game credit for simply being random and not totally scripted and predictable, rather than seeing a tiny roster update and letting it trick you into believing animations and gameplay has changed.

# 29 benefactor @ 01/10/15 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychitown312
If the game plays better an EA says its fixed, it doesn't matter til the people that play the game can tell the difference. I would rather it be that way. then them telling me and i notice it still has not been fixed.
No that's not right. Because you've got people here and on their official pages saying things like they are seeing brand new animations, saying old ugly one's are removed and shooting has changed.

If they are saying these things when there was NO change, then EA is in the wrong because it would seem they are happy with such comments making it look like they've done work (when in this case they haven't). It's their job to list changes and updates, not just keep saying 'bug fixes' or 'roster update' etc. Really poor practice.

# 30 seanhazz1 @ 01/10/15 08:09 AM
Maybe people are seeing what they see based on how they play and who they play with. I play with the 76ers and I know I won't see the same things in game as a guy playing with Cleveland or Golden State our styles and objectives in game are different based on player talent, basketball familiarity, and stick skill. To dismiss someone else's findings without playing under their specific conditions is not contributing. To each his own, but MY game plays with some of the good mentioned above, while retaining some old annoyances. (That standing laying from under the basket)

# 31 bigeastbumrush @ 01/10/15 08:10 AM
Quote:
Just downloaded the update. You guys are kidding right? It was a few kb's, maybe a mb at most. There was no gameplay change.

I just played two full games and nothing has changed.

I don't want to say you look silly for constantly seeing what you want to see, but you have to start giving the game credit for simply being random and not totally scripted and predictable, rather than seeing a tiny roster update and letting it trick you into believing animations and gameplay has changed.
So patch notes confirms that something was changed?

Patch notes are aimed to help the user and should be standard. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the same shots you couldn't hit before you can hit now.

The only placebo effect is you believing everything written in patch notes. What does "bug fixes" tell you? Nothing.

Everytime Madden gets tuned, do you they tell you every single tweak they made to the game? No. It's tuning.

# 32 The 24th Letter @ 01/10/15 08:23 AM
Quote:
No that's not right. Because you've got people here and on their official pages saying things like they are seeing brand new animations, saying old ugly one's are removed and shooting has changed.

If they are saying these things when there was NO change, then EA is in the wrong because it would seem they are happy with such comments making it look like they've done work (when in this case they haven't). It's their job to list changes and updates, not just keep saying 'bug fixes' or 'roster update' etc. Really poor practice.

I definitely think things can be tweaked without an official patch....

Do I think graphics are being overhauled, major advances in gameplay are being made and a ton of new animations are being added with each Synergy/roster update? Don't really buy that....

That's just me personally....I feel like they can throw a update screen out there and let imaginations run wild...

# 33 WTF @ 01/10/15 08:23 AM
For what it's worth, gameplay changes can be made by updating ratings through a roster, which is what has happened. Download Fernandos excel sheet and see how many attributes were changed and updated. Raising or lowering certain ratings CAN trigger new animations ad well. The roster update disn't contain the animations, moreso of activated some that guys may not have seen before.

# 34 Tomba @ 01/10/15 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
For what it's worth, gameplay changes can be made by updating ratings through a roster, which is what has happened. Download Fernandos excel sheet and see how many attributes were changed and updated. Raising or lowering certain ratings CAN trigger new animations ad well. The roster update disn't contain the animations, moreso of activated some that guys may not have seen before.
However im growing VERY impatient with the game. Game needs another patch along with adding editing features.

# 35 sarlndr @ 01/10/15 09:21 AM
My wife would like an updated K. Love in the game. She says to get rid of that ugly beard.

I'm serious.

# 36 The 24th Letter @ 01/10/15 09:39 AM
This was weird,

Rose wasn't giving that **** up, lol

https://vid.me/WBPx

Ended up like this until the shot clock expired

# 37 WTF @ 01/10/15 09:41 AM
What kind of weird Mr. Miyagi swipe was that on the ball? That was a wax on wax off move. Was Rose "stuck" in the play?

# 38 The 24th Letter @ 01/10/15 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
What kind of weird Mr. Miyagi swipe was that on the ball? That was a wax on wax off move. Was Rose "stuck" in the play?

pretty much.

Yeah he was just. stuck there when Pau came to set the pick....hand just kept going straight through the ball...

just an odd possession all around...

# 39 alexthegreat @ 01/10/15 10:03 AM
Been a couple of weeks since I played, so I'll update & try to play some later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I didn't see that ugly fadeaway by a big under the basket one time during my last game. If they have truly removed it, awesome. While they're at it, they need to remove this.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00006669704684

Rondo's defense animation carried me from the 3 point line to under the basket here...I was driving forward at all....your locked into to it until it finishes....it's an ugly animation that I can't see a purpose for.....

The pass to Beverly here is my biggest issue with contesting as well...Monta is in the paint when the pass is made...that whole sequence needs to be faster....because the penalty for semi contests is already severe...
If they really, finally removed that ugly under the basket jumper....

# 40 Calvenn @ 01/10/15 12:31 PM
I can relate to what you are saying in regards to the framerate fluctuations. The game ran faster and smoother out of nowhere last night and it made for a very fun and exciting game when this occurred. When did your game speed up? It does make you wonder what causes this although I have a hunch. I also see skipping especially when or after shooting the ball, disrupting timing! It's definitely more engaging at a faster and smoother pace!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.