Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

Another NBA Live 15 roster update has arrived today, which includes changes for 441 players. It also adds changes to depth charts, player movement and injury updates, as well as some accessory updates.

It includes the trades that have happened recently, including Dion Waiters to the Oklahoma City Thunder, J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert (injured for Tip Off/Play Now games) to the Cleveland Cavaliers, Anthony Tolliver to the Detroit Pistons, free agent Josh Smith headed to the Houston Rockets and free agent Tarik Black going to the Los Angeles Lakers.

Currently, Timofey Mozgov isn't on the Cleveland Cavaliers roster, but hopefully he will be added as soon as he plays in his first game with his new team. But it remains to be seen how long it will take.

For some reason the link to all of the changes isn't working, but when it does, we will update this post.

UPDATE: Below is a list of some of the changes you will see in the roster update. Fernando has sent us the Excel spreadsheet with all of the changes. Download it here.

GOING UP
  • Alex Len +5 (70)
  • Rudy Gobert +4 (74)
  • Tony Wroten +3 (76)
  • Jimmy Butler +3 (86)
  • Ben McLemore +3 (75)
  • Cole Aldrich +3 (71)
  • Solomon Hill +3 (67)
  • Steven Adams +3 (80)
  • Andre Roberson +3 (64)
GOING DOWN
  • Al Jefferson -3 (83)
  • Lance Stephenson -3 (83)
  • Jose Calderon -2 (76)
  • Carmelo Anthony -2 (89)
  • Jason Smith -2 (65)
  • Tim Hardaway Jr. -2 (71)
  • Kobe Bryant -2 (86)
  • Ryan Anderson -2 (75)
  • Louis Williams -2 (74)
  • Goran Dragic -2 (82)
  • Andrew Wiggins -2 (78)
  • Andre Iguodala -2 (85)

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TarHeelPhenom @ 01/10/15 12:48 PM
If the game is animation driven, then the ratings are what trigger certain animations or keep certain animations from happening. So just like someone said earlier, there doesn't have to be a patch for this to take place...just knowledge of what ratings do what.

# 42 Calvenn @ 01/10/15 03:57 PM
Have you guys noticed that trades are reflected almost instantaneously now? I believe this is what Fernando was referring to in regards to upcoming changes to address our concerns related to roster changes. Mozgov is already playing for the Cavs and Jeff Green is no longer on the Celtics roster. It appears to be more dynamic now.

# 43 zrohman @ 01/10/15 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvenn
Have you guys noticed that trades are reflected almost instantaneously now? I believe this is what Fernando was referring to in regards to upcoming changes to address our concerns related to roster changes. Mozgov is already playing for the Cavs and Jeff Green is no longer on the Celtics roster. It appears to be more dynamic now.
If that was patched in why wouldn't they release something about it and release notes? Wouldn't things like this get them good press???

# 44 The 24th Letter @ 01/10/15 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
If that was patched in why wouldn't they release something about it and release notes? Wouldn't things like this get them good press???

They already told us that roster movement is done manually, not on its own, so in this case there's really nothing to tell us....

I agree in general though....I have my doubts that all these elements are being patched and no one is saying anything...

# 45 benefactor @ 01/10/15 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
They already told us that roster movement is done manually, not on its own, so in this case there's really nothing to tell us....

I agree in general though....I have my doubts that all these elements are being patched and no one is saying anything...
They aren't. Certainly not this latest 'patch'. It downloaded in seconds, was the smallest update so far I'd say.

And to further enhance my point, the animations supposedly removed are still in the game. It's just a coincidence some of you haven't seen them. This has happened for 5 or more years on these boards. You have a really nice looking game against the CPU and a bunch of people make posts that there have been secret patches applied :/

# 46 WTF @ 01/10/15 05:55 PM
Who in the heck is calling this a patch? It was a roster update, point blank, simple.

# 47 donkey33 @ 01/10/15 06:40 PM
He obviously missed your post WTF that ratings trigger and limit certain animations which is why some are seeing different after a ratings update.

# 48 The 24th Letter @ 01/10/15 07:06 PM
Just speaking for myself...if someone feels like they are having a brand new experience after the roster update, that's fine....I was just giving my take on it. ...Some communication from the dev's would nip all speculation in the bud though...

I can definitely see WTF's point about attribute changes having an effect on animations. If Kemba Walkers layup ability is moved form 60 to 80, I would expect to see some of the layups I see from the more talented finishers in the game.. In theory though, how would it trigger brand NEW animations that we've never seen before? Just wondering.

# 49 WTF @ 01/10/15 07:12 PM
Could potentially, if it's part of a specific package. I don't know though. I'm not seeing new animations, just new ball rim interactions.

With that said, if you all aren't using the left bumper when shooting layups and dunks, you're missing out on some flashy dunks and layups.

# 50 donkey33 @ 01/10/15 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Just speaking for myself...if someone feels like they are having a brand new experience after the roster update, that's fine....I was just giving my take on it. ...Some communication from the dev's would nip all speculation in the bud though...

I can definitely see WTF's point about attribute changes having an effect on animations. If Kemba Walkers layup ability is moved form 60 to 80, I would expect to see some of the layups I see from the more talented finishers in the game.. In theory though, how would it trigger brand NEW animations that we've never seen before? Just wondering.
The only way would be if globally any players rating was never above or below a certain level and these attribute edits changed that. Highly unlikely that's the case though and I'd say it's more of just not seeing an animation often enough or forgetting you've seen it before than new animation in the game.

# 51 SmittyD81 @ 01/11/15 09:43 AM
For the people that are posting how they're experiencing different animations, shot releases, etc. They may have put the game down for a while and just got back in the act of playing the game. So there's no "placebo" effect here from what they're saying as those gameplay happenings all are post patch. This was solely a roster update. Just trying to add some clarity from what I was viewing on the post here.

# 52 BL8001 @ 01/11/15 12:53 PM
Here is what is kind of janky about this game...

I am playing the three party challenge with the cavs. You gotta make 13 3's in the first half vs atl.

My kid is watching me play and as I shoot I hear him say nope or yep each time.

I ask "how do you know the outcome before it goes in?"

He says if the trajectory is flattish they go in, if it floats a bit they don't.

No way...except yes. He is dead on.

So I am looking at a great release wide open lebron 3 float just a touch, or arc just a touch, if you would rather and damn if he doesnt miss it.

Now I see exactly what he sees and he is 100% correct.

I mean I know this is a videogame but should there be a make or miss trajectory in a basketball game? That seems incredibly shallow.

I coach rec league basketball and at practice 2 nights ago I was shooting with the team and decided to put a bit more arc on my shots and damn if my shooting % go right up.

Too bad lebron, miller or k love cant arc a shot a little and have it go in once in awhile.

Maybe this can be patched because its ruining the anticipation each shot because I know miss or make when its in the air.

# 53 The 24th Letter @ 01/11/15 02:54 PM
You re right.....noticed that a while ago

# 54 robbie24 @ 01/11/15 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001

I am playing the three party challenge with the cavs. You gotta make 13 3's in the first half vs atl.

He says if the trajectory is flattish they go in, if it floats a bit they don't.

So I am looking at a great release wide open lebron 3 float just a touch, or arc just a touch, if you would rather and damn if he doesnt miss it.

I mean I know this is a videogame but should there be a make or miss trajectory in a basketball game? That seems incredibly shallow.

I coach rec league basketball and at practice 2 nights ago I was shooting with the team and decided to put a bit more arc on my shots and damn if my shooting % go right up.

Too bad lebron, miller or k love cant arc a shot a little and have it go in once in awhile.

Maybe this can be patched because its ruining the anticipation each shot because I know miss or make when its in the air.

ahhhhh! You just ruined the game for me lol!

# 55 BL8001 @ 01/11/15 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie24
ahhhhh! You just ruined the game for me lol!
Its killing me too.

Right when I was starting to like this game again.

# 56 bateman11 @ 01/11/15 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001

Unfortunately this has been apart of the live series for years now. In Live 09, it ruined the game it was so noticeable.

# 57 blueduke @ 01/12/15 08:11 PM
Quote:
To those who play in Dynasty mode this means nothing. Not without the ability to make trades manually for all teams

# 58 Tonyattia @ 01/12/15 10:09 PM
Quote:

Yeah the B. wright deal is in too. This is good atleast the rosters will be up to date an hour after those players play their first game instead of a week plus. If only the ratings were done daily like the tendencies, since they seem to be done automatically but they change per week. It would really help big moments of the ratings reflected the players stats from that specific game and not just the tendencies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 59 WTF @ 01/12/15 10:52 PM
Is the Kmart signing in?

# 60 zrohman @ 01/13/15 11:15 PM
And why is the automatic updating not being addressed? No announcement or anything. Terrible. For such a great new feature you figure they would at least tell you about it

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.