Home
News Post

Programmer KingJavo has uploaded an early, incomplete version of his homemade PC editor, which allows gamers to alter all the teams and players on the Xbox 360 edition of All-Pro Football 2K8 in more ways than ever before. Version 0.1.3.0 of the editor, which can be downloaded for free from Mediafire, will only work on Windows computers.

KingJavo's latest software offers several improvements over All-Pro Football 2K8's previous PC editing program, which was released in April of 2011, and was coded by fellow Operation Sports community member, FlyingFinn. Here are some of the new features:
  • Can change any player name or team name in the game
  • Can switch any player's announced play-by-play name
  • Can place any of the retired legends' faces onto other players
  • Can choose every player's attended college
  • Can select any signature player animation, such as Deacon Jones' head slap, Walter Payton's high step, Lester Hayes' low defensive stance, or Dan Marino's throwing/playaction motions
  • Adds hidden "Bullet Time" and "Helmet High Tackles" player abilities
  • Can swap out any of the 24 CPU-controlled teams and make them one of the 8 user-controlled teams (or vice versa)
  • Improved roster sorter that shows a separate page for each team
  • Can change a team's home stadium without having to reset their roster of generic players
Due to the roster file check that All-Pro Football 2K8 performs whenever you ask the game to access Xbox Live, some of these features (like rewriting names) will only work in offline mode. KingJavo has pledged to continue updating the editor in the coming weeks. Beginners should watch the tutorials on his YouTube page for tips on utilizing all of the editor's features. Currently, users must right-click on the application and select "run as administrator" to get it working properly.

Game: All-Pro Football 2K8Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 57 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 scottyp180 @ 01/15/15 12:02 PM
This is interesting. I've wanted to give all pro a go again to see how it holds up. Hopefully some new and improved rosters will be released soon. Now I just need to find my flash drive, make sure I have enough space, and re-learn how to properly download these rosters.

# 2 KennyJ1976 @ 01/15/15 12:10 PM
I know Madden 15 is far from perfect or realistic, but I'll play Madden all day before I go back to this out of date, eye sore of a football game. BTW, I still have this game. I also still have College Hoops 2K8 and NHL 2K10, haven't played them in years.

# 3 volwalker @ 01/15/15 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
I know Madden 15 is far from perfect or realistic, but I'll play Madden all day before I go back to this out of date, eye sore of a football game. BTW, I still have this game. I also still have College Hoops 2K8 and NHL 2K10, haven't played them in years.
Yeah I finally sold my copy of College Hoops 2k8. Gameplay and graphics are just too out of date. I have never played All Pro but I like the Tier system.

# 4 Bo Knows Best @ 01/15/15 01:06 PM
I was playing APF 2k8 a few months ago, creating the Lions team and some other NFL teams and it still feels and plays better than the current Madden, the graphics don't look bad for a game that came out 7 years ago. the physics of the players movements were ahead of it's time, Madden still hasn't gotten it right

# 5 tril @ 01/15/15 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
if your big on graphics then yeah those games will feel outdated, But game play wise apf2k8 is still ahead of Madden.

CH2k8 best basketball game to date on any console. though 2k15 is very close.

NHLK2k10 still a solid hockey game. the last few versions of EA definitely used mechanics and features from 2k10

I dont mind the out dated graphics cause the gameplay and presentation are that good.

# 6 Dolfanatic43 @ 01/15/15 08:48 PM
im trying to download the new editor but its taking a year and a half...! anything i can do so its faster or is there a different link?

# 7 tril @ 01/15/15 09:49 PM
with this editor do we still have to know hex code, where names start etc. or is it just simply editing/inputting names etc.

# 8 jyoung @ 01/15/15 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfanatic43
im trying to download the new editor but its taking a year and a half...! anything i can do so its faster or is there a different link?
You can try downloading the new version that went up today:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/s0...or_0.1.4.0.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
with this editor do we still have to know hex code, where names start etc. or is it just simply editing/inputting names etc.
No hex editing is needed to use this program. It's all drop-down menus and regular text entry.

KingJavo's coding is doing all the heavy hex lifting.

# 9 badasp83 @ 01/16/15 11:32 AM
Barring any interruption, I will be checking this out today.
I'm guessing that we still have to create the teams/players in game before loading to editor, right?

# 10 DGuinta1 @ 01/17/15 11:15 AM
Interesting team logos in that snap shot.

# 11 kromo50 @ 01/17/15 12:53 PM
Can't wait for this. Better then Madden 15 for sure

# 12 Culture Rot @ 01/18/15 07:25 PM
This is even better than Finns editor

# 13 Nortus @ 05/24/15 05:05 PM
Will this work on Mac?

# 14 apetroski @ 07/01/15 02:13 PM
Will this editor work on College hoops 2k8 or NHL 2k8?

# 15 Cyco9 @ 07/01/15 11:23 PM
King Javo and others are posting answers to questions like these over on the Simheads forums:

http://www.simheads.com/forums/all-pro-football-2k/

# 16 packersfan111 @ 07/03/15 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyco9
King Javo and others are posting answers to questions like these over on the Simheads forums:

http://www.simheads.com/forums/all-pro-football-2k/
Yeah, saw the new site... looks dope! I think a new release is coming soon for the APF Editor from what I read as well. APF is one of our best football options right now.

# 17 inkcil @ 07/04/15 05:39 AM
Will this work for the PS3 version? Someone linked this tread when asked about a PS3 editor.

# 18 GillBoldberg @ 07/04/15 04:58 PM
Yeah, I can confirm it works on PS3. A new version just got released over on his site.

# 19 luckensb56 @ 07/08/15 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
Yeah, I can confirm it works on PS3. A new version just got released over on his site.
Can someone please tell me the steps for to load a ps3 roster on the editor?

# 20 GillBoldberg @ 07/08/15 09:28 PM
There's a link to a tutorial (that I made) in the first post of this thread. Explains it step by step.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.