Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Some pictures that the Miami Heat and Brooklyn Nets have tweeted out, show the NBA 2K16 team performing body scans on various players of each respective team. Could we see player specific body types in the game or are they simply scanning for updated tattoos?

Also of note. Natalie Tenerelli, a dance girl for the Los Angeles Clippers, has mentioned that she was getting scanned in.

We probably won't hear much chatter about NBA 2K16 until May or June, but this is something OSers can analyze until more details are revealed.

Thanks GoodGameBro!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Goffs @ 01/21/15 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJackJones
Please pull an EA and scan the shoes accessories and uniforms
Scan the stadiums as well!

# 22 Lord Bonium @ 01/21/15 09:40 PM
Let's just hope we won't have to pay extra vc to select a non-standard body type in mycareer. IF they implement various body types in mycareer that is.

# 23 eko718 @ 01/21/15 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Another thing that we need...different size (length/tightness) jerseys and shorts. Give us 3 different options to edit from. That's be very nice.
I cosign the bolded. Very important.

# 24 wrestlinggod1 @ 01/21/15 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsOTTOmatic
They also made her look like 15 yrs younger than she really is but I guess that's alright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably one of her prerequisites to be included in the game.

# 25 nddot @ 01/22/15 12:06 PM
this is exactly what the game needs !!!!

Spoiler

# 26 Sundown @ 01/22/15 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogotwingz3
Man I was hoping cheerleader routines were done...they're taking up too much programming space with the same 3 min wack dancing and ugly faces...erase cheerleaders and free up space for better hairstyles, accessories and shoes

They don't take much "programming space". They're just models and mocap data, and probably a tiny fraction of what goes into players and moves. Just hit a button and skip it.

# 27 turrisi2 @ 01/24/15 11:00 PM
I hope they work on the retro players also. The player models still need a lot of work.

# 28 Smirkin Dirk @ 01/25/15 03:15 AM
Does anyone know the requirements behind this scanning?

Does the team get paid?

Is it a requirement of the CBA?

I'd love to see star players get their jumpers mo capped.

# 29 hesko @ 01/26/15 07:26 AM
scan some shoes and jerseys too.

# 30 hesko @ 01/27/15 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iboughtshoes
Bodies look fine. Please fix servers.
maybe they can scan one of those too. lol. still love ya 2k

# 31 2200__Zy @ 02/02/15 01:22 AM
they need to scan the sneakers and jump shots in the game as well as the body types

# 32 hesko @ 02/02/15 11:37 AM
edit* scan shoes laced up with knot. adds to the realism and greatness of the graphics. If the laces move and all players with long hair have hair mechanics...2k16>> Mind Blown!!! I can already hear the explosion. lol

# 33 keshunleon @ 02/03/15 12:47 PM
This has been on my 2K's Christmas list since 2010!

It's only 2015...

# 34 DonWuan @ 02/03/15 10:20 PM
improve force fields before you work on body types.

# 35 Goffs @ 02/04/15 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
improve force fields before you work on body types.
Yeah the art team will get on that. I find it funny that people still think that gameplay devs work on scanning players.

# 36 Goffs @ 02/08/15 04:57 AM
I wish there were players around in the league with the body type of Manute Bol and Shawn Bradley. I would love to create a center based of those body types.

# 37 itsdeezy901 @ 02/16/15 06:11 PM
2k's passing mechanics are HORRIBLE. They throw the most random passes at the most inopportune moments. You have NO control of who you pass to unless you use direct passing. Who has time to hit a button then wait to see what character matches the player, and then try to click the right button all in the .5 second pass lane opening. You cant do any touch passes. You cant control lobs to the paint. You cant control the speed of the pass. 2k need to go have a meeting with the guys over at EA Sports Madden that designed they pass mechanics and pay them for their work cuz that **** is brilliant and that's exactly what I want in 2k.
Also, just because I play on "Hall of Fame" don't mean that you dumb my teammates down to 7 year old basketball iq level.
The players also need to have contextual awareness. If Im running in the same space as a teammate or opponent on the court and we are near colliding, I should be able to avoid or create contact based on what I do. 2k's animations suck. instead of adding 1000's of new ****ty animations every year, they need to either perfect the ones they got, or get rid of them all together and start over from the nfl 2k5 drawing board.

# 38 itsdeezy901 @ 02/16/15 06:18 PM
plus the ball should be the center of focus. that's what everyone in the arena should be focusing on. at least if theyre paying attention to the game. if every action on 2k was focused on the ball positioning, location, ans speed of movement, then there would be a lot less foul calls because my player would actually be reaching for the ball instead of randomly reaching thru the players face because 2k statistically doesn't want me to get a steal at that moment. I want full control of the action I attempt to make, and allow the players ability to play out on wether or not it is successful. I should be voted to go out and talk to 2k

# 39 Crookid @ 03/03/15 02:17 PM
This gets me hyped I'm not gunna lie.

Hopefully we'll see some more body types for MC.

Body types.
Weight/height restrictions for positions.
Weight/height stat restrictions. (Ie no more beastly rebounding just because you made your height 7' and put no stats in rebounding or no more super fast 7'ers)
More tattoo options (ie mix and match player tattoos for sleeves and 2K created ones)
Compression pants/tanks with gear layering options and proper gear logoing.
Sock customization with proper logos.
Alternate jersey options for MC games.
More haircuts with designs.

Are my top wishes.

# 40 midwestking100 @ 03/06/15 11:54 PM
I hope the body types will be improve for the legends.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.