Home
WRC 5 News Post

Kylotonn Games and Bigben Interactive have just announced WRC 5, coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC later this Fall. Check out the teaser video here and read the official press release below.

After 4 episodes on the previous generation of consoles, WRC reaches a new step toward history. This year, Bigben Interactive and Kylotton Games are proud to announce that WRC 5 will also be available on new generation consoles!

The WRC game series is taking a new shift with the introduction of Kylotonn and will benefit from new development tools and experienced European developers and many surprises are planned for fans in the game.“We are very proud and excited to work on a title dedicated to one of the most challenging and spectacular forms of motor sport,” says Diego Sartori, Creative Director at Kylotonn Games.

Bigben Interactive is also proud to introduce Sébastien Chardonnet as one of the game’s Ambassadors. Sébastien is the 2013 FIA WRC 3 champion who is graduating to the top level of WRC in 2015 in Monte Carlo – after a first attempt in 2012 in France. He has been involved with the concept and planning for WRC 5 since early on in the project.

“It’s exciting to help Kylotonn to make the best WRC game ever seen. Combining my driver and gamer experience with their technical point of view is something interesting when you are trying to do the most realistic game possible,” declares Chardonnet.

Moutains, valleys, snow, rain... That is a long and winding road to get to the WRC title. Will you have what it takes to unleash the driver that lies in you ?

Game: WRC 5Hype Score: 10/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 1 - View All
WRC 5 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Dazraz @ 01/23/15 02:25 PM
I've been looking forward to such an announcement for s while. Great news especially as the game will be gracing the latest consoles.

# 2 ILuvMN81 @ 01/27/15 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
I've been looking forward to such an announcement for s while. Great news especially as the game will be gracing the latest consoles.
In that vein, I'm surprised to see it on the last gen consoles, especially this late in their run. Semmingly next to nothing (seriously 50-75 titles) have been announced for 360 and most of it qualifies as what could probably be considered shovel ware. PS3 has a marginally bigger list over at IGN for 2015 releases.

You don't have to tell me twice that last gen has a much larger install base and I'd guess that if you're trying to sell something internationally or niche(i.e. EA Sports FIFA World Cup 2014) it might be a good idea to realize that in some parts of the world a very small fraction of people have moved to next gen, especially in places where WRC visits.

I'm guessing NTSC 360 owners are still SOL if they want this title thanks to region locking.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.