Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

OS Baseball guru and staff writer Caley Roark joins host Chris Sanner for a Q&A on this year's MLB 15 The Show. We talk about the game's announced features thus far and what is standing out as being promising for the title. Obviously, this is simply the first of many podcasts to come on this year's MLB game from Sony.

Give us a listen!

Duration: 12:37

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 woody2goody @ 01/29/15 05:07 AM
We're at the point now where true revolutionary sports games will come once a generation.

Like someone said, the sport doesn't change so the game doesn't need to be built from the ground up every single time.

People just think they are cool when they say 'MLB 14.5' or some asinine rubbish like it.

# 22 Tyrant8RDFL @ 01/29/15 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbleu1986
I'm not sure how promising this sounds and I'm afraid they'yr going down Madden's route. Madden used to be a first day automatic purchase on the PS2 but come the PS3 it was terrible. I hope The Show doesn't follow suit but it sounds like it may...
I can see why you feel this way, but the Show is in no way following Madden's trend that occured from the PS2 Xbox to the PS3 360.

MLB the show is so damn solid , that I cant really see it getting any better, so what can they actually do in MLB 15 that would warrant me to buy the game again? Im not doing it for a roster upgrade. MLB 14 is very solid for me.

I can see this being a issue as to why anyone should purchase 15, but not because the series is getting bad. That makes no sense. They just made this product so good. That they pretty much hit the ceilling. What else can they really do?

The team behind MLB the show may need to do this game in a 2 or 3 year cycle, and take on another sports genre to fill in the void. Maybe like a NBA game, since the NFL is out of the question for now.

# 23 Dimplenuts @ 01/29/15 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Probably a couple of CG guys doing a bad Kung Fu lip synch. Probably stats on the screen don't really see the point of it all.

What? No chance.....I can almost garuntee it will be much like "The Tony Bruno Show" from madden years ago. You will basically hear the radio show in the background as you go through the menus in franchise.

I thought that was awesome in Madden back in the day.....added a little flavor

# 24 aguero90 @ 01/29/15 09:00 AM
Plus, mlb is a year to year game. I never play my old game once the new one is out, because the teams change.

# 25 Mrmagoo @ 01/29/15 09:27 AM
What can they change? Huh? Really??
Here's an idea.... Stats, cpu roster AI, changeable schedule, cpu pitching AI, budgets that don't need non stop workarounds...
No doubt the game is strong and I'm thankful that we've had a solid baseball game to play but that was then this is now.
I have no problem letting time tell.... and that's what I'll do.

# 26 tnixen @ 01/29/15 11:24 AM
One of the big things that would really make MLB The Show even more realistic then it already is is if Sony would bring in Real Life Manager and player tendencies. And also much better CPU AI including better Bull Pen logic! This game is so darn good already but a lot of times when playing against the CPU I really question the CPU manager moves. Especially when dealing with how long they leave in or take out the starting pitcher. I mean like one example I have seen often where the CPU starting pitcher is pitching a fantastic game like maybe given up only 1 or 2 hits with around 75 pitches thrown into the 6th inning and then he perhaps gets into a little trouble maybe giving up 2 hits and the manager brings it the bull pen. I mean the CPU manager should give the starting pitcher a chance to pitch his way out of it. It's these kind of things that have me scratching my head sometimes when playing MLB The Show. I also think the CPU AI for batting attempts bunts to much or when the situation does not really call for it. Like for example I have seen the CPU first and second batters in the 9th inning down in the game attempt back to back bunts even after the first batter bunt attempt to get on was unsuccessful.

All I am saying is there is a whole lot of room for improvement when it comes to MLB The Show's CPU AL and logic both for players and managers!! And that should be a be the number 1,2 or 3 focus going forward if it's not already

# 27 bronxbombers21325 @ 01/29/15 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Probably a couple of CG guys doing a bad Kung Fu lip synch. Probably stats on the screen don't really see the point of it all.
I was thinking more along the lines of the radio show that was on one of the Madden games back in the mid 2000's. Probably just someone talking stats and predictions while in the menu screen. I'd say it will give information like the news paper they used to have did. I expect it to be something annoying that will cause me to hit the mute button than something overwhelming. But maybe we will all be pleasantly surprised. Hoping for the latter.

# 28 Mgbleu1986 @ 01/29/15 12:05 PM
Wow you say a couple negatives about a great game and people are on you like white on rice. No game is perfect and there is room for improvement in every game. For those who say baseball is a game where not much changes from year to year, well news flash for you, that is the same for all sports!! Doesn't mean they can't make a game better especially when upgrading to a new console. All I am saying is that when the PS4 came out these was so much talk on how they can do soooo much more then the PS3. Well i haven't seen it with the show 14 and by the sounds of it with the list that came out, we are not seeing it in 15 either. I will stil buy the game but my expectations are low.

# 29 Mrmagoo @ 01/29/15 01:08 PM
Quote:
Wow you say a couple negatives about a great game and people are on you like white on rice. No game is perfect and there is room for improvement in every game. For those who say baseball is a game where not much changes from year to year, well news flash for you, that is the same for all sports!! Doesn't mean they can't make a game better especially when upgrading to a new console. All I am saying is that when the PS4 came out these was so much talk on how they can do soooo much more then the PS3. Well i haven't seen it with the show 14 and by the sounds of it with the list that came out, we are not seeing it in 15 either. I will stil buy the game but my expectations are low.
Ohhh so true!! Welcome to the show forums... Lol

# 30 HustlinOwl @ 01/29/15 01:51 PM
Quote:
little different when they had 6 or more years on the PS3 to implement the game, here we are on its really first release

# 31 Mgbleu1986 @ 01/29/15 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
little different when they had 6 or more years on the PS3 to implement the game, here we are on its really first release
Second release

# 32 HustlinOwl @ 01/29/15 02:21 PM
Quote:
Second release
first year with full dev cycle

# 33 Russell_SCEA @ 01/29/15 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
first year with full dev cycle
Says who?

# 34 HustlinOwl @ 01/29/15 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Says who?
my bad

# 35 Bobhead @ 01/31/15 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORALLL
If there was a competitor with an mlb sim to go with the show I guarantee there would be more information to look at.
Yeah I wonder when SCEA is gonna release any information about the game. I mean what are these guys even doing? Playing Madden probably...

# 36 ARMORALLL @ 02/01/15 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Yeah I wonder when SCEA is gonna release any information about the game. I mean what are these guys even doing? Playing Madden probably...

Sony hadn't yet posted the fact sheet when I made that post. But if EA still had their MVP series going I would bet Sony would have a few screen shots for the public to look at. Just my guess.

# 37 Mrmagoo @ 02/01/15 02:18 AM
Yea apparently the fact that your post was made before the fact sheet was out, was completely missed...

# 38 countryboy @ 02/01/15 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORALLL
Sony hadn't yet posted the fact sheet when I made that post. But if EA still had their MVP series going I would bet Sony would have a few screen shots for the public to look at. Just my guess.
There are a few screenshots available to view as well as a trailer.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.