Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

A user on Steam, by the name of lima, has posted this tutorial on how to get around the shoe glitch in NBA 2K15.

Quote:
1. Go to options and create a new 2k generic shoe, it doesn't matter what it looks like, just save it as something you can remember like MYSHOE HOME or MYSHOE AWAY, it will work with both home and away. If you already have some 2k generics that you like, than just save them under a new name.

2. Go to myplayer store in options (NOT in mycareer mode) and choose the 2k shoes you created in step 1. It will say they cost 1000 VC and you have to have at least that amount on your account but it won't actually charge you anything, so just buy them and make sure they are equipped. (If you equip some shoes you created and you actually like them, you can keep them if you equip them here, they won't change back to the default generics like in mycareer store)

3. Go back to edit the 2k shoes you created in step 1 and DELETE them. Just make sure again that you know their exact name.

4. Go to create a brand shoe that you like (nike, jordan, adidas, I tried with nike so far), edit the colours and all and when you are done, save this shoe with the same name you saved the generics in step 1 and deleted in step 3.

5. That's it, don't touch anything else, your guy will have the shoe created in step 4 equipped because it has the same name. Now if you want to change them, just delete them and create another shoe with the same name (just repeat step 4, don't repeat all other steps)

If you would rather watch a video explaining the process, check out this video from Nykefaller.

If you aren't interested in the workaround, 2K is offering refunds. It doesn't look like a patch is coming to fix the issue, but Ronnie did leave the door open.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Bigbodc @ 01/31/15 11:56 AM
Do you people realize what this man has done.This is unbelievable!!! I am suprised that I haven't seen more post on this. I am in my second year. I was leading the league in scoring, steals, shooting %. I started my career over after the glitch. Had I known before....smh...lol

# 22 Bigbodc @ 01/31/15 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedDegree4
My bad, guess this **** does work. Sucks all my players are gonna have the same shoe on. But it does not take that long to change so it not that bad.

why would all of your players have the same shoe? you are only editing your shoe.

# 23 ekferio @ 01/31/15 02:20 PM
If you need to edit the colors after all these steps, do you need to start over again? It won't let me save again with the same name.

# 24 Magnus1959 @ 01/31/15 03:31 PM

# 25 TrustedDegree4 @ 01/31/15 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbodc
why would all of your players have the same shoe? you are only editing your shoe.
That how it is for me for some reason. If I go to options and do it the way he said, it applies it to all my other players.

# 26 Bigbodc @ 01/31/15 06:17 PM
How do you incert pictures fellas?

# 27 Near5253 @ 01/31/15 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedDegree4
That how it is for me for some reason. If I go to options and do it the way he said, it applies it to all my other players.
All your players created through my career have identical faces, accessories, etc.

# 28 Bigbodc @ 01/31/15 06:57 PM
my away J's infared

Attachment 91425

# 29 Bigbodc @ 01/31/15 07:02 PM
My home KD 7's

Attachment 91426

# 30 Near5253 @ 01/31/15 07:12 PM
Quote:
My home KD 7's

Attachment 91426
Very nice, I have a very similar pair that I made a while back for MyPark.

# 31 Bigbodc @ 01/31/15 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Near5253
Very nice, I have a very similar pair that I made a while back for MyPark.

Thank's sir!

# 32 loccdogg26 @ 01/31/15 08:38 PM
Thanks for the tip. I was able to do the Air Force Max (old school Barkleys) and the Hurache in Suns colorways.

# 33 TrustedDegree4 @ 01/31/15 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Near5253
All your players created through my career have identical faces, accessories, etc.
I know but he was saying why do I have them all wearing the same shoes. I wish I could change it.

# 34 AceDawg5 @ 02/01/15 01:53 AM
This could be the most genius thing I've ever seen in this forum....round of applause

# 35 zchh @ 02/01/15 01:54 AM
Thanks and all, but it only works for custom shoes you made. It defeats the purpose of being called a work around if you can't wear Nike, Jordan, Adidas already in the game.

# 36 asapchurro @ 02/01/15 02:01 AM
I made a video the other day on this here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6644KNA-hgI

# 37 jeremyp1223 @ 02/01/15 10:14 AM
But you can where nike, adidas, and jordan already in game. I am right now.

# 38 Bigbodc @ 02/01/15 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zchh
Thanks and all, but it only works for custom shoes you made. It defeats the purpose of being called a work around if you can't wear Nike, Jordan, Adidas already in the game.

But you can wear them in a game. Did you see the pictures that I posted. They were taken in my career mode.

# 39 Bigbodc @ 02/01/15 11:07 AM
Quote:
But you can wear them in a game. Did you see the pictures that I poosted. They were taken in my career mode.
correct me if i'm wrong but who want's to use the default team colors that they force you to wear anyway. You would want to edit the colors right? The design is original. What am I missing here?

# 40 loccdogg26 @ 02/01/15 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zchh
You can basically wear any shoe in the game. You just have to do the steps already mentioned.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.