Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

A user on Steam, by the name of lima, has posted this tutorial on how to get around the shoe glitch in NBA 2K15.

Quote:
1. Go to options and create a new 2k generic shoe, it doesn't matter what it looks like, just save it as something you can remember like MYSHOE HOME or MYSHOE AWAY, it will work with both home and away. If you already have some 2k generics that you like, than just save them under a new name.

2. Go to myplayer store in options (NOT in mycareer mode) and choose the 2k shoes you created in step 1. It will say they cost 1000 VC and you have to have at least that amount on your account but it won't actually charge you anything, so just buy them and make sure they are equipped. (If you equip some shoes you created and you actually like them, you can keep them if you equip them here, they won't change back to the default generics like in mycareer store)

3. Go back to edit the 2k shoes you created in step 1 and DELETE them. Just make sure again that you know their exact name.

4. Go to create a brand shoe that you like (nike, jordan, adidas, I tried with nike so far), edit the colours and all and when you are done, save this shoe with the same name you saved the generics in step 1 and deleted in step 3.

5. That's it, don't touch anything else, your guy will have the shoe created in step 4 equipped because it has the same name. Now if you want to change them, just delete them and create another shoe with the same name (just repeat step 4, don't repeat all other steps)

If you would rather watch a video explaining the process, check out this video from Nykefaller.

If you aren't interested in the workaround, 2K is offering refunds. It doesn't look like a patch is coming to fix the issue, but Ronnie did leave the door open.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Magnus1959 @ 02/16/15 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee00max
Cool so basically you getting a shoe deal on My Career doesn't even matter because of the glitch?
except for the VC and billboard.

# 122 iRatedxR @ 02/16/15 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus1959
Thanks Von Inky!

I JUST made those lol . And you play on Ps4 ? What's your psn ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 123 Magnus1959 @ 02/17/15 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRatedxR
I JUST made those lol . And you play on Ps4 ? What's your psn ?

I don't play online.

# 124 Tee00max @ 02/17/15 08:48 AM
Thanks everyone for the help, went home and created a custom pair of Jordan 11's and 13's in the Hornets colorway! Too dope!

# 125 iamdl @ 02/19/15 08:40 PM
Anyone having trouble with accessory colors after trying the shoe workaround? My home and away accessory colors are switched. They display correctly in the My Player store.

# 126 xghxfdg @ 02/20/15 07:38 AM
Thanks and all, but it only works for custom shoes you made. It defeats the purpose of being called a work around if you can't wear Nike, Jordan, Adidas already in the game.

# 127 RLebron12 @ 02/20/15 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdl
Anyone having trouble with accessory colors after trying the shoe workaround? My home and away accessory colors are switched. They display correctly in the My Player store.

Yea I'm having that problem right now with my legs sleeves. For my home I chose white and away I chose black. Right now it shows it correctly when looking in the store but when playing the game my player is wearing white both home and away. Tried to change this multiple times

# 128 Magnus1959 @ 02/20/15 01:37 PM
Just save the game, when you come back, it should be fixed.

# 129 iamdl @ 02/20/15 06:54 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that multiple times with no luck. Even tried deleting the shoes I created during the workaround and that didn't work either.

# 130 zdfhzdty @ 02/21/15 02:29 AM
Thanks and all, but it only works for custom shoes you made. It defeats the purpose of being called a work around if you can't wear Nike, Jordan, Adidas already in the game.

# 131 RLebron12 @ 02/21/15 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdl
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that multiple times with no luck. Even tried deleting the shoes I created during the workaround and that didn't work either.

So I ended up taking it off my guy while in MyCareer and then backing to the main screen, going to options..then going to mystore and editing it from there. Seems to be fixed now

# 132 iRatedxR @ 04/06/15 06:38 PM
Did they patch this?

# 133 Jrocc23 @ 04/06/15 07:30 PM
No. They didn't.

# 134 iRatedxR @ 04/07/15 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
No. They didn't.
Then hoe do I do it? I do everything needed but when I wanna equip jordans or nike I cant switch tabs.

# 135 asapchurro @ 04/07/15 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRatedxR
Then hoe do I do it? I do everything needed but when I wanna equip jordans or nike I cant switch tabs.
I made a how to video a while back here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6644KNA-hgI

# 136 zcfhxg @ 04/07/15 12:56 PM

# 137 iRatedxR @ 04/07/15 09:24 PM
Thanks a lot dude

# 138 cxfjcy @ 04/08/15 11:56 PM

# 139 jessecarr8 @ 04/10/15 04:56 PM
Okay, I need some help. I've received all endorsements and have played a ton of games. The only thing i'm missing is signing with Adidas, Nike, Jordan. I've gotten sprite, state farm, sprint, etc.. I've manually played over 100 games, and still haven't gotten the 2nd Jackson Ellis scene. I keep hitting up my agent in social media to try to trigger something, and he keeps replying with really weird responses that I've never seen... Telling me to " watch what i'm doing off the court" and to "get my Q score up." has anybody seen this? What do I do? I feel that this is holding up my shoe deal.

# 140 jlobn @ 04/13/15 11:32 AM

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.