Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

To commemorate MLB 15 The Show and 10 years on PlayStation platforms for the franchise, San Diego Studio just revealed details of their MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Edition. Users that purchase this edition for $69.99, will receive $130 in added bonus content.
  • Exclusive MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Wood Grain SteelBook and Exclusive Cover
  • 12k in Stubs ($9.99 value)
  • 15 Bonus Item packs ($15.00 value)
  • All 30 MLB Team Dynamic Themes ($ 3.49 each retail)
  • Official MLB 15 Dynamic Theme ($3.49 retail)
Quote:
The physical 10th Anniversary Edition will be available to pre-order today at your preferred US retailer (not available in-store in Canada), including Amazon, BestBuy, GameStop, Target, and Walmart. We’re also excited to announce that on 2/10, a digital version (all the same digital goodies) will be available to pre-order on PlayStation Store. Don’t forget that pre-ordering on PS Store means you’ll be able to pre-load the game onto your PS4 system two days before it launches so you’re ready to play just after midnight.
Quote:
By pre-ordering MLB 15 The Show digitally on PlayStation Store or at various retailers, you will receive a free voucher for a DualShock 4 Skin for the MLB team of your choice from Skinit. Additionally, if you pre-order at GameStop — or EB Games, for those of you in Canada — you will receive the Skinit skin and six additional Bonus Item Packs for use in game. (See an image here.)

Russell Martin of the Toronto Blue Jays has been announced as the cover athlete in Canada. (See an image here.)

Also, don't forget to watch the very first gameplay stream of MLB 15 The Show later today at 2:00 PM PST, on their Twitch channel. Just in case you missed it, check out the full fact sheet here.

MLB 15 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 15 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Jimmydm90 @ 02/16/15 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
While The Show does not do the numbers of the other games that were mentioned, I do think The Show puts PS4 consoles in peoples homes. I don't necessarily think the other ones quite do that. It could be more impactful than just looking at how many game units The Show sold.

I love MLB the Show as much as the next guy but if you think it put more consoles in people's homes than The Last of Us (PS3 & PS4), let alone Naughty Dog in general, you're crazy haha.

# 102 Bobhead @ 02/16/15 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
I love MLB the Show as much as the next guy but if you think it put more consoles in people's homes than The Last of Us (PS3 & PS4), let alone Naughty Dog in general, you're crazy haha.
It's possible. I mean those games might be more popular, but there are also more alternatives.

Halo is immensely popular, but few people buy an Xbox just for Halo, because they can just buy Call of Duty or one of the other 3 billion shooting games on Playstation instead.

Maybe someone wants an Xbox and they really want to buy The Last Of Us, but they also have the cheaper option of Resident Evil, The Dying Light, or The Evil Within, all of which are respected/acclaimed games within the same genre.

If someone wants to play a baseball sim game, what are their options? You literally have only one...

# 103 nomo17k @ 02/16/15 02:05 AM
I think sports games like The Show (and others) are never system sellers in a sense that console bundles would make sense. And that's fine, because the games are inherently limited by the professional sports and/or leagues to which they are tied.

Madden may be a big franchise in the U.S., but with the popularity of American Football being limited to the U.S., their non-U.S. sales look quite marginal. One major issue with MLB is that it has steadily been losing ground in popularity, especially among kids who would be the next generation of fans of both video gaming and the sport itself, so no matter how deserving The Show is, it will be capped by the popularity of MLB itself. (A couple years ago I polled in this forum asking the age of forum members here. I think people in 30s and 40s form the largest fan base here...)

However, I think The Show definitely is a system seller in a sense that it draws the crowd who like both baseball and video gaming to Playstation instead of other options. I haven't been the biggest video gamer, but once I discovered the game I had to get the console just because of this franchise. I know a few others who pretty much just play The Show all the time. They don't seem to read or post in a forum like OS, but one common trait seem to be that they are pretty avid MLB fans. They are baseball fans first and foremost. And that's a very small sample size (I have no friends), but I would imagine more I do not know are like them.

If The Show can do better, then I think it would still make sense to go after baseball fans, but the numbers are limited because I don't feel MLB is very good at promoting the sport itself (it's great at making money off of media though).

# 104 Shakedowncapo @ 02/16/15 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I think sports games like The Show (and others) are never system sellers in a sense that console bundles would make sense. And that's fine, because the games are inherently limited by the professional sports and/or leagues to which they are tied.

Madden may be a big franchise in the U.S., but with the popularity of American Football being limited to the U.S., their non-U.S. sales look quite marginal. One major issue with MLB is that it has steadily been losing ground in popularity, especially among kids who would be the next generation of fans of both video gaming and the sport itself, so no matter how deserving The Show is, it will be capped by the popularity of MLB itself. (A couple years ago I polled in this forum asking the age of forum members here. I think people in 30s and 40s form the largest fan base here...)

However, I think The Show definitely is a system seller in a sense that it draws the crowd who like both baseball and video gaming to Playstation instead of other options. I haven't been the biggest video gamer, but once I discovered the game I had to get the console just because of this franchise. I know a few others who pretty much just play The Show all the time. They don't seem to read or post in a forum like OS, but one common trait seem to be that they are pretty avid MLB fans. They are baseball fans first and foremost. And that's a very small sample size (I have no friends), but I would imagine more I do not know are like them.

If The Show can do better, then I think it would still make sense to go after baseball fans, but the numbers are limited because I don't feel MLB is very good at promoting the sport itself (it's great at making money off of media though).
The MLB does a terrible job of promoting its players. The difference between them and the NBA is night and day.

# 105 MrOldboy @ 02/16/15 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
It's possible. I mean those games might be more popular, but there are also more alternatives.

Halo is immensely popular, but few people buy an Xbox just for Halo, because they can just buy Call of Duty or one of the other 3 billion shooting games on Playstation instead.

Maybe someone wants an Xbox and they really want to buy The Last Of Us, but they also have the cheaper option of Resident Evil, The Dying Light, or The Evil Within, all of which are respected/acclaimed games within the same genre.

If someone wants to play a baseball sim game, what are their options? You literally have only one...
Halo is quite simply the definition of a system seller. Tons of people buy a new console because of that series. Xbox One sales will likely increase dramatically as well once Halo 5 is released.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2007/1...38777720071005
Quote:
"Initial reports from retailers worldwide show console sales have more than doubled compared with the weekly average before the launch of 'Halo 3,"' Microsoft said in a statement.
Other games have also provided a large bump to console sales. More recently Titanfall and Mario Kart 8 provided similar boosts to sales.

# 106 Jimmydm90 @ 02/16/15 03:30 AM
Quote:

You're joking, right? Halo is a huge selling point for Xbox. The biggest actually, despite there being a hundred other multi platform FPS. Without the original Halo, Xbox One wouldn't even exist because it kept the original Xbox from going under.

Evil within, dying light, etc. are bad comparisons. Is TLOU technically a post apocalyptic adventure game? Yes. But that's not why people buy it. They buy it because its real genre is Naughty Dog. Which basically means unparalleled linear drama, character and storytelling. Players would argue (and obviously it's subjective) that experiences like; TLOU or Halo or Uncharted or God of war or Gears or other system sellers are unique. They'd argue that you CANT get that same experience anywhere else even if there are other games in that genre. So they buy that console for that exclusive. Or at least that's a big reason why. Plus MLBTS is multiplatform (ps4, PS3, Vita) and will be for a long time so where's the system selling in that.

Sure MLB:TS was the only baseball sim last year but it's not like it did gangbusters for their sales. They did about the same amount of sales that they usually do. Is The Show a big reason why some people bought a PS4? Sure, I believe that but I also believe that group is very small. I think the audience for baseball games and baseball in general is very small compared to what it was. That's a big reason why MLB 2k (or all the other dozens of baseball franchises) went under. The market's not really big enough for both games (and SCEA just made a better product). Even if every person who buys The Show bought a PS4 mostly for that game, that's like .5-.8 million people and that's pretty much it for the lifetime of the console because it's not like a new batch of people are picking up the game every year. It's mostly the same .5-.8 million people every year. No way for us to know what games sell more consoles but I think it's perhaps telling that TLOU is bundled with PS4s and MLBTS will likely never have that honor.

Really the only argument I need against yours about genre similar games being hugely detrimental to system seller status is Destiny. Super generic, many alternatives to it, multiplatform, multigenerational (360, PS3), middling reviews and had extremely limited PS4 exclusive content and yet it more than tripled PS4's monthly sales in the month of September. Mostly because of advertising (and the Bungie element. SEE HALO).

None of it really matters though because almost no one buys a system for single franchise that would be somewhat ridiculous financially. Even Nintendo has a few franchises that people use as a rationale. Manly people accumulate reasons. A list of pros and cons and some games tip the pros more than others or are the final straw to finally making the purchase.

# 107 Bobhead @ 02/16/15 08:21 AM
Quote:
You're joking, right? Halo is a huge selling point for Xbox. The biggest actually, despite there being a hundred other multi platform FPS. Without the original Halo, Xbox One wouldn't even exist because it kept the original Xbox from going under.
Was a huge selling point. Was. Past tense. Just because it sold consoles in 2005 doesn't mean it sells consoles now.

# 108 Skyboxer @ 02/16/15 09:02 AM
Quote:
The sole reason I bought a PS3 (for 600.00 on release day) was for The Show.
After weighing which NG console to get (even though it really wasn't close after E3) one of the points for PS4 was The Show.

So yeah for this household... The Show adds a ton to the buy or not factor.

HALO does that for MS and is really the only reason I'm ever going to own an X1... (Price drop has to happen too though)

Anyways.. all in on the Anniversary Edition

# 109 Joey @ 02/16/15 10:33 AM
Below is the takeaway I got from the recent back and forth in this thread...

Quote:
None of it really matters though

As far as the topic goes, I've never bought a special edition game of any type, but I'm all in on this anniversary edition!

# 110 RLebron12 @ 02/16/15 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takemejoehome
yeah I am never a fan of paying a bit more for DLC codes etc for so called special editions

the skins look great but we actually have to have someone know what they are doing putting them on the controller! now if it was a brand new controller itself I'd be all in, but I ain risking pulling my controller apart to try and get that on

Why would you have to pull you're controller apart to get it on?? I was gonna ask if anyone ask a skinit on their controller...Is it hard to put on and does it change the feeling of the controller negatively?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 111 ElroyJetson @ 02/16/15 05:36 PM
Just preordered the special edition...is it march 31st yet? side note..4 days till pitchers and catchers report

# 112 giantsharks @ 02/16/15 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I would think you get the skin on release day or a few days after. I pre-ordered the game in store and didn't receive anything as of yet. My guess is that it comes inside the case for hard copies and then you'll get a voucher via email on the 31st if you buy it digitally.

i preored at gamestop the other day and they said i would get it on release day. I was a little skeptical that they actually knew what i was talking about (hate to be that guy but they usually dont know about the sports game bonuses unless its madden).

# 113 Skyboxer @ 02/16/15 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I would think you get the skin on release day or a few days after. I pre-ordered the game in store and didn't receive anything as of yet. My guess is that it comes inside the case for hard copies and then you'll get a voucher via email on the 31st if you buy it digitally.
I got it at BB (Hard copy) and the skin is listed as a digital order that will be delivered via email. So I'm thinking a voucher/code.. to get a free skin from skinit site.

# 114 CubFan23 @ 02/16/15 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
The sole reason I bought a PS3 (for 600.00 on release day) was for The Show.
After weighing which NG console to get (even though it really wasn't close after E3) one of the points for PS4 was The Show.

So yeah for this household... The Show adds a ton to the buy or not factor.

HALO does that for MS and is really the only reason I'm ever going to own an X1... (Price drop has to happen too though)

Anyways.. all in on the Anniversary Edition
Same here. After I bought my first PS3 in 2009 for the Show , my 360 became a dust collector. And the Show is the only reason I own a PS4.

# 115 HozAndMoose @ 02/16/15 07:39 PM
Finally made it to GameStop to pre order it. Damn guy that helped me put down that i traded in NBA Live instead of 2k. Thats a 7 dollar difference. Didnt even notice till i got halfway home.

# 116 HozAndMoose @ 02/16/15 08:25 PM
Quote:
Was a huge selling point. Was. Past tense. Just because it sold consoles in 2005 doesn't mean it sells consoles now.
Halo is much more of a selling point to this day than The Show is.

# 117 canes2008 @ 02/27/15 12:15 PM
I pre-ordered on PSN and it says i get both versions the standard version aswell it's weird my library says standard editioncan anyone explain this to me?

# 118 mlblover15 @ 02/27/15 09:01 PM
pre-ordered it first day it was announced from best buy... cant wait to bolster my payroll with those 12K stubs... another $250 Million wont hurt me what so ever...

# 119 Cowboy008 @ 02/27/15 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes2008
I pre-ordered on PSN and it says i get both versions the standard version aswell it's weird my library says standard editioncan anyone explain this to me?
Not sure why it's like that. Mine is the same way.

# 120 MetsFan16 @ 02/28/15 01:12 PM
I preordered first day, plan on blowing all 12K on some card packs! hopefully get some diamonds and golds, A2Ks and other sweet equipment

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.