Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Check out the latest MLB 15 The Show video and blog with more details on universal rewards, licensed equipment and 30 Legends. At the end of the video, the team reveals 30 Legend cards included in the game.

Quote:
In the last couple years, we’ve added something we call your Universal Profile, which tracks your playstyle tendencies and passively rewards you with XP and Stubs while you play. This year, in addition to XP and Stubs, you’ll earn new Items usable throughout different game modes.

Road to the Show is a mode focused on one player’s path to the majors and beyond. As you play, you’ll find different qualities of licensed equipment that can enhance your player’s attributes. Once you find them, you’ll equip them to your player for an instant boost to his skill. Your player has slots for a Bat, Batting Gloves, Fielding Glove, Cleats, and echoing the traditions of our sport, a Ritual item.

Franchise is a mode focused on managing baseball organizations on every level. Periodically, you’ll find Brand Sponsorship contracts. Once you have the contract in hand, you can choose at any time to partner your Franchise team with the Brand. Doing so will add some Brand flavor to your interface during game broadcasts. The Sponsorship also earns your team budget incentives based on how you performance in a certain statistic.

Diamond Dynasty is a fantasy baseball card mode where you build a custom team and assemble players you find into a squad. Diamond Dynasty is DRASTICALLY changed this year so keep an eye out for a more focused blog about it. MLB Player Cards and Stadiums Cards will be rewarded as you play. While playing ANY mode, you’ll be passively building a fantasy squad of MLB pros.

Collect an entire MLB team or get REALLY lucky with a pack, and you’ll unlock an iconic alumni player from one of 30 MLB teams.

We’re very excited this year that we’ve partnered with nine iconic baseball brands to bring items from their product catalog directly into the game. We are lucky to have such amazing partners. Check out this list of awesomeness:
  • Franklin®
  • Louisville Slugger®
  • Nike®
  • Under Armour®
  • Wilson®
  • Rawlings®
  • Sam Bat®
  • Mizuno®
  • Marucci®

UPDATE: Here is the list of 30 legends.
  • Al Kaline - Detroit Tigers
  • Harmon Killebrew - Minnesota Twins
  • George Brett - Kansas City Royals
  • Fred McGriff - Tampa Bay Rays
  • Nolan Ryan - Texas Rangers
  • Jack McDowell - Chicago White Sox
  • Brooks Robinson - Baltimore Orioles
  • Joe Carter - Toronto Blue Jays
  • Orel Hershiser - Los Angeles Dodgers
  • Will Clark - San Francisco Giants
  • Dave Winfield - San Diego Padres
  • Dennis Eckersley - Oakland Athletics
  • Ernie Banks - Chicago Cubs
  • Jeff Bagwell - Houston Astros
  • Rod Carew - California Angels
  • Tom Seaver - New York Mets
  • Phil Niekro - Atlanta Braves
  • Johnny Bench - Cincinnati Reds
  • Mike Schmidt - Philadelpha Phillies
  • Robin Yount - Milwaukee Brewers
  • Ralph Kiner - Pittsburgh Pirates
  • Yogi Berra - New York Yankees
  • Andre Dawson - Washington Nationals
  • Ozzie Smith - St. Louis Cardinals
  • Kenny Lofton - Cleveland Indians
  • Edgar Martinez - Seattle Mariners
  • Dante Bichette - Colorado Rockies
  • Steve Finley - Arizona Diamondbacks
  • Cliff Floyd - Miami Marlins
  • Ted Williams - Boston Red Sox

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 RLebron12 @ 02/11/15 11:50 AM
I think we can't really complain, we went from having 0 legends in the game to now having 30. That's 30 less legends someone from here has to create.

It can only go up from here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 102 thaSLAB @ 02/11/15 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandH
I knew that you couldn't, but worded my 1st question that way on purpose since I just asked about the cards in the vid and was hoping you could comment that way.
I will tell you this... (just don't tell anyone)

Spoiler

# 103 sharebear420 @ 02/11/15 11:59 AM
When did they even stop adding legendary players? I forget what year it was. Man I miss mlb 06

# 104 Dolenz @ 02/11/15 12:05 PM
Well, I can't see the video here at work but I am also a little disappointed that equipment boosts your ratings in RTTS, especially if as mentioned by someone above the boost is significant.

Sure, a quality bat is better than a cheap bat but a quality bat does not make a batter more accomplished. A brand of cleats can't make a player faster. A quality glove does not improve the range or fielding of a mediocre outfielder.

The good news I guess is that RTTS is a single player mode so buying quality equipment (because I am guessing you can buy them in the marketplace) or stubs (which you could buy in the past) will give those who want a shortcut a chance to improve more quickly.

The bad news is that if you want to grow your character normally and know that you worked hard to get those ratings to 99 then you may have to choose to forego licensed equipment.

# 105 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/11/15 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezar24
I'm sure Bonds has matured with age and is now a humble and reasonable fellow who would allow his likeness in the ga......I almost got that out with a straight face.
Reggie Stocker is the one that should be in for the Giants. He was a beast when he was in the earlier versions of The Show, had to walk him everytime. Plus all of those homeruns he hit, and the records he had. I mean he's the homerun king for crying out loud. I don't know who this Bonds guy is that everyone keeps talking about.

# 106 redsox4evur @ 02/11/15 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Reggie Stocker is the one that should be in for the Giants. He was a beast when he was in the earlier versions of The Show, had to walk him everytime. Plus all of those homeruns he hit, and the records he had. I mean he's the homerun king for crying out loud. I don't know who this Bonds guy is that everyone keeps talking about.
C'mon Man. We all know that it was John Dowd with all those records. Not these Stocker or Bond's characters!!!

# 107 LastActionHero @ 02/11/15 01:27 PM
John Dowd hahaha oh the memories.

# 108 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/11/15 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
C'mon Man. We all know that it was John Dowd with all those records. Not these Stocker or Bond's characters!!!
Dowd was a scrubb. Stocker was the man.

# 109 Jimmydm90 @ 02/11/15 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
To all those complaining about which legends are in, do even an ounce of research on licensing. Bonds wasn't even in the game when he was a freaking current player and yet people are surprised he's not in now, maybe think a little bit before complaining.

I bet you're a very pleasant person to be around.

Most of the people "complaining" aren't saying "BONDS OR NOTHING." They were just some what disappointed because the Giants have a prestigious history with many hall of famers/legends (not just Bonds), that they would have preferred to see. I think a number of those classic giant players were actually in the game before. I know their batting/pitching animations still are.

For most of the legends that people wanted for their teams but didn't get, I think it has to do with them not being members of the MLBPAA. That's who SCEA did their deal with and if a player's not in the MLBPAA, they're not in the game.

# 110 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/11/15 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
To all those complaining about which legends are in, do even an ounce of research on licensing. Bonds wasn't even in the game when he was a freaking current player and yet people are surprised he's not in now, maybe think a little bit before complaining.
Complaining about people complaining. Oh the irony.

# 111 johnlnames @ 02/11/15 02:22 PM
Are legendary players available in franchise mode, or just DD?

# 112 redsox4evur @ 02/11/15 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlnames
Are legendary players available in franchise mode, or just DD?
Fact sheet.

# 113 johnlnames @ 02/11/15 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Fact sheet.
Word to big bird

# 114 baconbits11 @ 02/11/15 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lathrowback
Sighhhhhhh...no bonds..
I have a feeling all of the Big-Time legends everyone wants will come in a DLC pack later
Must not be allowing Big Time PED users.

# 115 JaFFiTh @ 02/11/15 02:55 PM
Awesome! They got Joe Carter in! Loving it! Him hitting the world series winning homerun gives me goosebumps everytime I see it!

# 116 corpkid12 @ 02/11/15 03:15 PM
I can't understand why these companies like Nike, UA, etc. (and any other company for that matter) feel the need to charge a game developer to use their logo in game. Yet, they will pay to have their logo placed in a TV broadcast. I would think these companies would want the free advertising. If you are Pepsi and you paid to have your logo up in Yankee Stadium, wouldn't it make sense to allow SCEA to use it in a game as well for free? Especially with the way MLB The Show is actually using some of these companies in the game as advertisements on the score banners and such. Seems like a win-win to let a video game developer use your logo. Am I alone here?

# 117 HozAndMoose @ 02/11/15 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpkid12
I can't understand why these companies like Nike, UA, etc. (and any other company for that matter) feel the need to charge a game developer to use their logo in game. Yet, they will pay to have their logo placed in a TV broadcast. I would think these companies would want the free advertising. If you are Pepsi and you paid to have your logo up in Yankee Stadium, wouldn't it make sense to allow SCEA to use it in a game as well for free? Especially with the way MLB The Show is actually using some of these companies in the game as advertisements on the score banners and such. Seems like a win-win to let a video game developer use your logo. Am I alone here?
Well what they are doing now allows them to be make billions of dollars a year. Why would they change whats working?

# 118 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/11/15 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpkid12
Could you imagine how much game developers would have to pay to make a NASCAR, or F1 racing game? With all of the primary, and secondary sponsors on all of the cars, and all of the billboards at the tracks. I know this is way off topic but your post just got me thinking about that.

# 119 rjackson @ 02/11/15 03:38 PM
People were complaining big time about name brands last year and now they have signed a deal with the devil - and here comes further commercialization into my beloved game. I bet a big part of the deal was how the equipment is presented - it looks like an ad for each one and each one has a big attribute jump because shoes make you run faster and jump higher. Be careful what you ask for...and please do some analysis before offering an opinion and then hiding behind "it is my opinion" when you haven't accumulated the facts necessary to create a well-informed decision. Alright, off the off-topic soap box and back to my normal self...

# 120 Sip_16 @ 02/11/15 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
People were complaining big time about name brands last year and now they have signed a deal with the devil - and here comes further commercialization into my beloved game. I bet a big part of the deal was how the equipment is presented - it looks like an ad for each one and each one has a big attribute jump because shoes make you run faster and jump higher. Be careful what you ask for...and please do some analysis before offering an opinion and then hiding behind "it is my opinion" when you haven't accumulated the facts necessary to create a well-informed decision. Alright, off the off-topic soap box and back to my normal self...
I have seen shoes make someone faster tho

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.