Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Check out the latest MLB 15 The Show trailer titled, Summer Wind. To see it in all of its glory, make sure you see the YouTube version at 1080p/60fps.

For those of you that missed the fact sheet, click here for all of the details.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 181 areobee401 @ 02/16/15 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillow
Can someone tell me if they have discussed or mentioned anything about improved online play? I've been trying to find out and cant find anything. '14 looked good and obviously '15 does, but the online experience KILLED any sort of replay-ability for me. Warping players, ball in the dirt glitches, dropped games, etc etc etc. It was the worst experience I've had with the Show and my main focus is having that fixed.

Anything you've heard would be helpful for me
Nothing that I've seen yet. It's embarrassing how awful online continues to be year after year in a game that is console exclusive.

# 182 ThisIsBirdland13 @ 02/16/15 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
They showed his face for a quick second in one of the streams and he does NOT have the stupid beard this year. Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks dude! Nice to see another Orioles Eagles fan too. There's not that many of us out there. We're a rare breed.

# 183 BA2929 @ 02/16/15 02:51 PM
I'm so confused as to why the sun is in the right field sky at Kauffman Stadium at the 49 second mark.

Are there 8am games in MLB 15?

Other than that, it looked ok. I wasn't blown away by it, but then again I don't get blown away by video game trailers very often.

Edit: I notice a few other people have mentioned orientation issues with the sun. Glad it's not just Kauffman. Hopefully it's just a dramatic lighting thing for trailers.

# 184 ajblithe20 @ 02/16/15 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsBirdland13
Thanks dude! Nice to see another Orioles Eagles fan too. There's not that many of us out there. We're a rare breed.
My parents are from South Jersey (near Philly), so I'm a Philly sports fan (including the Phillies). But we live near Baltimore and I've been to so many Orioles games, they're my favorite sports team now!

# 185 headzapp @ 02/16/15 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
I just re-watched it and I didn't see any birds. I think you may have mistaken that for the grass the one guy threw in the air to tell win direction haha
Ah sorry you're right. I seen wrong. I think I was tired when I watched it and was like birds!! Ha ha.

# 186 K_GUN @ 02/16/15 06:53 PM
Fenway shots...midway through trailer.....that sun angle is from early morning sun..not an evening sun angle

# 187 catswithbats @ 02/16/15 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
They showed his face for a quick second in one of the streams and he does NOT have the stupid beard this year. Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope this also means Victor Martinez lost his evil goatee.

# 188 Blzer @ 02/16/15 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
Fenway shots...midway through trailer.....that sun angle is from early morning sun..not an evening sun angle
You are correct. Did somebody state otherwise?

# 189 LastActionHero @ 02/17/15 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
They aren't orientation issues, they are time of day settings that I surely hope can be accessed in exhibition mode. Earlier they said we can't, but things can always change!
Russel confirmed we can set the month and starting times before entering exhibition games.

# 190 YanksFan4Life @ 02/17/15 04:14 AM
Forgive me Ramone and the devs lol. I have 2 nitpicks with Yankee Stadium:

1. The padded walls in MLB 14 were extremely close to the real color. However, watching the new '15 trailer (I don't know if it's just the lighting but) the wall color looks off. It's too light,not the right shade or something.

2. The Facade that wraps around the top of the stadium where the lights and flags are looks like it may need to be brighter. It looks kind of gray. (At least the parts seen in the distance)

3. The outline of the black windows of the sports bar in the outfield are too pronounced. It should be darker like how it was in MLB 11 for example. Time stamp at 1:19 in this video for how it was before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA-j...etailpage#t=79

And here's how it looks in MLB 14 (and 15) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...ykFqMk24#t=156

Also here are four pictures which show off the wall color, facade and sports bar windows:

http://www.bodineunlimitedtours.com/100_0445.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._deck_2010.jpg

http://www.kimvsgluten.com/wp-conten...7/IMG_1128.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ee_Stadium.jpg

I hope these small things can be looked into before final master code. If not then for '16. Everything else looks great! Thank you!

# 191 K_GUN @ 02/17/15 07:35 AM
Quote:
You are correct. Did somebody state otherwise?
no...just stating an observation as Ramone said times during exhibition were like in years past..which did not have an early morning option......

if this is to show off the annual Patriots Day game (start time 11am) even that is later/higher sun angle than shown in the trailor....so perhaps user can choose *any time* to start a game...(ala MLB 2k7...in which I actually started a game in Fenway at 5am......they did a great job of daylight/sun angles in that game)

# 192 LastActionHero @ 02/17/15 08:27 AM
Quote:
The actual hour, as well? Before he answered "Negative ghost rider" to somebody asking something about that.

Then again, I do believe they asked if you can start a game at "something crazy like midnight" or words to that effect. Maybe you can't do that, but I naturally assumed that just meant you can't choose your hour, and day/night were perhaps still the only two options.

In that case, I'm excited to play some exhibition this year!

From what I understood you can pick the month and starting time, but what times exactly hasn't been mentioned yet. No crazy times like early morning or midnight Russel said but I hope something like every hour between 12 and 7.

The question then is will games started at 4pm in like October go fully dark when it's an extra in inning game...

# 193 eaw913 @ 02/17/15 11:41 AM
Do fans catch balls now? Saw on the fact sheet it said they do, but it looked like Ramone's response was no.

# 194 thaSLAB @ 02/17/15 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaw913
Do fans catch balls now? Saw on the fact sheet it said they do, but it looked like Ramone's response was no.
Yes, they will.

This is one of those perfectionist things... it was in and working before, but SDS didn't think it looked quite right, so it was taken out last year.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 195 brrmikey @ 02/17/15 01:03 PM
There's something extraordinary about this video (when watching via VLC on my 1920x1080 computer display)...a smoothness I've never been able to experience while gaming on my television (not just The Show...any game). I know 60 fps is a big factor, but is there also a certain refresh rate needed to game as smooth as this video looks on my computer? My tv's refresh rate is 60hz...is that the problem since it's not 120hz or 240hz? Thanks!

# 196 HozAndMoose @ 02/17/15 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrmikey
There's something extraordinary about this video (when watching via VLC on my 1920x1080 computer display)...a smoothness I've never been able to experience while gaming on my television (not just The Show...any game). I know 60 fps is a big factor, but is there also a certain refresh rate needed to game as smooth as this video looks on my computer? My tv's refresh rate is 60hz...is that the problem since it's not 120hz or 240hz? Thanks!
Your TV being 60Hz is fine. You would see no difference in a 120/240Hz TV since the Show maxes out at 60FPS.

# 197 BA2929 @ 02/17/15 04:39 PM
Quote:
Well that was kind of my point: they get to tease us with 8:00 AM times when we might not be able to choose them, which would be too bad. That really was an awesome feature in 2K7 and 2K8 that I took advantage of quite a few times.
Are they teasing us with 8am start times, or just using the sun at that angle for dramatic effect on a trailer?

I'm guessing it's the latter.

# 198 Knight165 @ 02/17/15 04:42 PM
I really don't think we'll get "anytime" starts in any mode.
SCEA probably just used their in house widget to set the time.....and it was early morning.

I would think the only way you'd see 8AM in the game is to play a 12 hour marathon.
It looks like the capability to do that is possible now.

Who knows though!?

M.K.
Knight165

# 199 adh5199 @ 02/17/15 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I really don't think we'll get "anytime" starts in any mode.
SCEA probably just used their in house widget to set the time.....and it was early morning.

I would think the only way you'd see 8AM in the game is to play a 12 hour marathon.
It looks like the capability to do that is possible now.

Who knows though!?

M.K.
Knight165
Why even show the sun at that point in the day during a game if we can't select that time to play. That seems misleading to me.

# 200 breakfastcat @ 02/17/15 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199
Why even show the sun at that point in the day during a game if we can't select that time to play. That seems misleading to me.
I think they just wanted a cool shot with the sunset in the background and players in the foreground, and they just needed to move the sun around to get the desired shot. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.