Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Check out the latest MLB 15 The Show trailer titled, Summer Wind. To see it in all of its glory, make sure you see the YouTube version at 1080p/60fps.

For those of you that missed the fact sheet, click here for all of the details.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Hockeynut99 @ 02/14/15 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
I'm also hoping this isn't the dreaded trailer footage that always looks amazing and the actual game play visuals don't quite look as good. We see this a lot in sports video games,we've seen a lot over the years,hmmm Madden has done it a lot especially with the the first Madden on PS4. I'm hoping this isn't the case and I'm wrong. Agree with everybody based on the trailer this year's Show looks amazing! I want to see more actual game play footage more then the game play footage they showed on that recent stream they did.

I don't think I have ever seen the Show do that with their trailers.

# 82 Hockeynut99 @ 02/14/15 02:47 AM
I will go out on a limb here and say that was all in game footage.

# 83 Russell_SCEA @ 02/14/15 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Yes, that was my point - they "over tweaked" it

Edit:

and here's a video from last year:

With the new tool the artists have for grass and dirt each artist uses their own footage from MLB.com taken at the right time of day and month to get the correct grass colors per stadium. There isn't any outside feedback that will be taken or listened to on this particular subject.

# 84 PsychoBulk @ 02/14/15 06:46 AM
Beautiful trailer.

The graphics really are popping this year, a noticeable step up which is what many of us were hoping for.

# 85 nemesis04 @ 02/14/15 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Beautiful trailer.

The graphics really are popping this year, a noticeable step up which is what many of us were hoping for.

Still worried?

# 86 gillionaire @ 02/14/15 07:52 AM
love the game, love the graphics. Doesn't look like the chalk lines deteriorate??

# 87 aguero90 @ 02/14/15 07:55 AM
If you listen close, the bat on ball doesn't have that tinny cracked sound!!! Is it just me, or do you hear a difference from 14?

# 88 ShaiLeGran @ 02/14/15 09:47 AM
Sorry if already asked or veriefied, but does the game run at 60fps, also in the cutscenes and replays? Thanks guys

# 89 THESHAMISASHAME @ 02/14/15 09:55 AM
Flags were amazing so fly ins should be incredible and alot of new cut scenes and celebrations and lighting looks much improve less drastic so I cant wait to see more and if it changes per inning.

Though the hair seems much improved and realistic the player models need to be redone from the ground up IMO because even in hi def they look like a last gen build.
Its was also great hearing the Summer wind but who did this version ?

# 90 nemesis04 @ 02/14/15 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Its was also great hearing the Summer wind but who did this version ?
The wrong person!

# 91 Drew127 @ 02/14/15 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
On that note, couple of of crappy screen grabs showing the LF and RF sides:

That sunset...
Right field at Wrigley faces due east...why is the sun setting in the east?

# 92 nemesis04 @ 02/14/15 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
That is a super extra inning game, the sun is rising!

# 93 Drew127 @ 02/14/15 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
That is a super extra inning game, the sun is rising!
Seriously though. There are a few stadiums that have had an incorrect orientation in the game, causing evening to look like morning. One example off the top of my head is Nationals Park. In the game, the sun also sets to the east. It might seem like a small thing but it really does change the way the stadium looks compared to real life. A 7 PM game feels like 10 AM. I was wondering if these things would be addressed this year. Hopefully, that shot of Wrigley in the trailer is just an illustration (perhaps an early morning game? I know those are in this year...i.e., Patriots day for the Red Sox). The lighting does look absolutely stunning. Let's just hope the ballpark orientations are accurate.

# 94 nemesis04 @ 02/14/15 10:19 AM
Quote:
Seriously though. There are a few stadiums that have had an incorrect orientation in the game, causing evening to look like morning. One example off the top of my head is Nationals Park. In the game, the sun also sets to the east. It might seem like a small thing but it really does change the way the stadium looks compared to real life. A 7 PM game feels like 10 AM. I was wondering if these things would be addressed this year. Hopefully, that shot of Wrigley in the trailer is just an illustration (perhaps an early morning game? I know those are in this year...i.e., Patriots day for the Red Sox). The lighting does look absolutely stunning. Let's just hope the ballpark orientations are accurate.
I totally get what you are saying. I would think since they are introducing these seasonal shadows, orientation errors would be caught if they are using reference photos.

# 95 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/14/15 11:01 AM
Quote:
This is important and probably deserves its own thread so the devs are sure to see it. Detailed sun and shadows would be comical if the Sun is going the wrong way.

Spoiler

# 96 thaSLAB @ 02/14/15 11:12 AM
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that was a scene set up using the time of day widget.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 97 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/14/15 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I'm pretty sure that was a scene set up using the time of day widget.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk
Let's hope so.

# 98 THESHAMISASHAME @ 02/14/15 11:46 AM
Quote:

Regardless of lighting accuracy those images are stunning visually Wrigley really looks alive and they got alot of the changes in ! very impressive for a early build .

# 99 Mgbleu1986 @ 02/14/15 11:49 AM
It looks really good but I'm still skeptical of why they haven't shown any night time clips because this time last year everyone was loving the lighting just like how everyone is drooling over it this year.Then we played it and for many ball parks, you couldn't see the fans sitting above the home run fences because it was so dark.

# 100 seanjeezy @ 02/14/15 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
With the new tool the artists have for grass and dirt each artist uses their own footage from MLB.com taken at the right time of day and month to get the correct grass colors per stadium. There isn't any outside feedback that will be taken or listened to on this particular subject.
That's a shame because not once has the infield dirt ever been that dark, not even after it has been watered. I've gone to 20 games a year since Safeco opened and watch every game on TV, it looks like the picture I took and the video I posted every single time (which is also from MLB.com).

The only justification I can think of is that the warning track (which is a dark reddish color) and the infield dirt share the same template/color palette, but in reality they don't.

Maybe other Seattlites can vouch for me and share their opinion, was the infield dirt ever that dark when you went to a game?

And for those of you who have never gone, here's a pic of the infield covered in shadows, it is still nowhere near as dark as in the video:

Notice the color of the warning track though, that looks familiar...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.