Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

NBA Live 15 is currently on sale for $9 on the Xbox Games Store, easily the cheapest the game has been since release.

According to IGN (Thanks swac07!), it looks like NBA Live 15 is also headed to EA Access soon.

For $4.99 a month/$29.99 a year, EA Access gives subscribers access to The Vault, which provides full digital downloadable games for EA Sports UFC, Need for Speed Rivals, Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14, Peggle 2, Battlefield 4 and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. EA Access subscribers also receive 10% off EA digital purchases and trial versions (typically 6 hours) of EA games before they are released.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 wimp14 @ 02/18/15 12:59 AM
Save your 10 bucks trust me

# 22 SVCbearcat10 @ 02/18/15 07:54 AM
Likely headed to the EA Access Vault soon, that's why I'm not sure the subcription is worth it. Football season is over and you still don't have Madden 15 in there yet. Yeah, you get 10% off digital games, so that means you'd have to buy 5 EA games a year for it to cover the cost of the subscription. Also, you don't have the ability to trade in any games to recover some of the costs.

If you always played a game a year behind, then it's a good deal. If you like the play the current release, I'm not sure where the value prop is at. To be honest, I think EA is hoping everyone subscribes for the 6 hour early access then buys the current game anyways. That's much better for their bottom line.

# 23 SilentYetViolent @ 02/18/15 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
Any differences between the two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really.....I wanted another sports title for the 1 besides The Golf Club hahaha

# 24 kingcaleb4 @ 02/18/15 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
Likely headed to the EA Access Vault soon, that's why I'm not sure the subcription is worth it. Football season is over and you still don't have Madden 15 in there yet. Yeah, you get 10% off digital games, so that means you'd have to buy 5 EA games a year for it to cover the cost of the subscription. Also, you don't have the ability to trade in any games to recover some of the costs.

If you always played a game a year behind, then it's a good deal. If you like the play the current release, I'm not sure where the value prop is at. To be honest, I think EA is hoping everyone subscribes for the 6 hour early access then buys the current game anyways. That's much better for their bottom line.
I recover the costs by playing a game like Live for 6 hours and deciding it's not worth 60 dollars so I get my money back in discounts and save 60 dollars for every game I get to try and realize I don't like it which is usually UFC, Live, and NHL

# 25 Football fanatic @ 02/18/15 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I kinda want to get this for the price but since I have 2k I don't know how much time I'll actually spend playing this game. I fear it'll end up just taking up space on my hard drive.
It's kind of good. You have to try it

# 26 NINJAK2 @ 02/18/15 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football fanatic
It's kind of good. You have to try it
Co-sign. It does some things that I have been begging for 2k to implement for years. Believe me it is not a threat to the 2k throne at this time but it isn't terrible by any means. People should atleast play the demo before blowing it off..

# 27 ballgameronny @ 02/18/15 04:12 PM
Picked it up. Worth trying for 9 bucks

# 28 thatruth2015 @ 02/19/15 01:37 PM
Interesting that Live haters are not comparing this to 2k giving it's nba2k 15 away for free on Steam. Live is a bettter game in gameplay meaning you control your outcomes, in 2k tons of eyecandy and you are conting 50 percent of what happens...even worse in online games. I hope Live keeps these games coming...improve timeouts and substitutions and graphics....but the core of the gameplay is right on. If you play smart bball in this game you will like it. If you like eyecandy and canimations and rollerderby over bball stick with nba2k

# 29 thatruth2015 @ 02/19/15 10:53 PM
The kids loving 2k are ok watching the game play itself. I think the controller in my hands should mean something on and off-Line. You control things in Live15...in 2k15 you're watching bs canimations.
Your choice...play(live) or watch(2k) simulation. Now live should improve menus, features, commentary, and sub menus...but gameplay is spot on.

# 30 thedream2k13 @ 02/19/15 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatruth2015
The kids loving 2k are ok watching the game play itself. I think the controller in my hands should mean something on and off-Line. You control things in Live15...in 2k15 you're watching bs canimations.
Your choice...play(live) or watch(2k) simulation. Now live should improve menus, features, commentary, and sub menus...but gameplay is spot on.
So much salt lol 2k gameplay this year is best in bball game history. Live is decent but way behind in gameplay , features etc

# 31 zrohman @ 02/20/15 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
So much salt lol 2k gameplay this year is best in bball game history. Live is decent but way behind in gameplay , features etc
It's real. 2k players play super slow and unrealistic. Live has general player movement . 2k is totally animation driven with no control to the user. You feel like you have no control and the defense has players on skates.

2k would have to completely reinvent their engine in order to fix their issues. Instead they will just dress it up and instead of fixing issues the right way they will block cheese by taking even more options away from the user.

Live is on the ground but they have a way better gameplay foundation in my opinion. The problem of mid range jumpers not going in or other small issues can be tweaked. Lives gameplay issues just need tweaking. Once tweaked it will definitely play better than 2k. 2k cannot imperative gameplay much with the foundation they layed.

With how unbalanced Live is 2k gameplay is definitely better right now. No question. But the Live issues can be tweaked. Again it's not foundational. 2k being driven by animations, and feeling chained down when you play, that'd just how it plays. Foundational issues.

Features were a million times better in 2k this year, but with the regression bug that made dynasty unplayable. With the lag it makes online unplayable. So despite what 2k fanboys say it's closer than you think.

Live is one patch away from tying or beating 2k in gameplay. And one year away from getting close with features

# 32 The 24th Letter @ 02/20/15 07:43 AM
Always love when Live's issues are glossed over with the same cliche "great foundation!", "Just a few fixes away!" "real time physics!" stuff we've been hearing going on 5 years years now. TBH, I personally think Live '16 will be solid, but I thought the same about Live '11. They're going to have to show me. A animation where a player slips after a made basket and some limb interaction isn't selling me on a physics revolution. It literally effects nothing between the lines.

If you enjoy Live, even enjoy it more than 2k, that's fine...it's all preference....but NBA Lives issues definitely go far beyond shooting %'s and lack of features. Making a laundry list of 2k's issues and ignoring Live's don't change that, or help anyone really. Just one example: Things like the 15-20 blocks you see during 12 minute quarters (if that) because there aren't suitable defensive animations are one of the many band aids that we will have to see if the Live team can peel off.

# 33 zrohman @ 02/20/15 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Always love when Live's issues are glossed over with the same cliche "great foundation!", "Just a few fixes away!" "real time physics!" stuff we've been hearing going on 5 years years now. TBH, I personally think Live '16 will be solid, but I thought the same about Live '11. They're going to have to show me. A animation where a player slips after a made basket and some limb interaction isn't selling me on a physics revolution. It literally effects nothing between the lines.

If you enjoy Live, even enjoy it more than 2k, that's fine...it's all preference....but NBA Lives issues definitely go far beyond shooting %'s and lack of features. Making a laundry list of 2k's issues and ignoring Live's don't change that, or help anyone really. Just one example: Things like the 15-20 blocks you see during 12 minute quarters (if that) because there aren't suitable defensive animations are one of the many band aids that we will have to see if the Live team can peel off.
That's real too. I prefer it for many of the reasons above. However your right. There are still more issues than percentages to fix. You've got late game a.i, and some other issues. I definitely don't see them as foundational but there are still plenty of issues. And the Live team has been pretty terrible overall. Poor patching, poor communication with the community. Realistically I don't know what to expect. I'm sure they will do a good job and probably give us a game with better gameplay, and sliders, but still behind 2k with modes. Probably will give us what this game should have been. They always have a tendency to be behind on where they should be

# 34 The 24th Letter @ 02/20/15 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
That's real too. I prefer it for many of the reasons above. However your right. There are still more issues than percentages to fix. You've got late game a.i, and some other issues. I definitely don't see them as foundational but there are still plenty of issues. And the Live team has been pretty terrible overall. Poor patching, poor communication with the community. Realistically I don't know what to expect. I'm sure they will do a good job and probably give us a game with better gameplay, and sliders, but still behind 2k with modes. Probably will give us what this game should have been. They always have a tendency to be behind on where they should be

We will see man.

I don't have an allegiance to ether game/company either way....they don't pay me enough to lol.....but I am rooting for Live to being their A game next year.....for the sake of competition. We all win at the end of the day of they do

# 35 TMalone2010 @ 02/20/15 03:16 PM
If it goes on sale on Psn I might get it just to have options lol

# 36 thatruth2015 @ 02/20/15 10:26 PM
Fyi I got live on psn for 14.99 about 3 weeks ago. I think it was an EA sale. I had been playing and buying 2k since 2k10 maybe earlier. The only game I ever buy.are nba games since Nintendo fact...actually Atari days. Nba2k15 took a giant step back post it's patch 3. 2k.gameplay is complete garbage now, especially online. Nba live15...despite terrible features, menus, substitutions, its real SIM experience...you're in control. Win, lose, you know you did all you could and it was you....in 2k win or lose there are 20 canimations and 20 input lag issues where I feel cheated and frustrated at illogical sequences. I wish I could pre_order nbalive 16 today, since nba2k15 is so disrespectful to fixing gameplay

# 37 The 24th Letter @ 02/20/15 11:04 PM

# 38 ERA @ 02/21/15 02:44 AM
Okay... Am I the only one who enjoys playing this game? I've probably logged more hours into this game than its competitor.

# 39 Pared @ 02/21/15 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I completely agree. Best post this thread.

# 40 Flightwhite24 @ 02/21/15 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I completely agree. Best post this thread.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.