Home
Project CARS News Post

Slightly Mad Studios has just announced Project CARS will be delayed a couple of weeks and releasing on April 2nd in Europe (we are working on a confirmation date for the North American release). Previously it was scheduled to release on March 17th.

UPDATE: April 2nd is the European release. April 7th is the North American release. (As confirmed by http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...4B5DNQW6HIORSI and GameStop)

Read the full press release below.

Slightly Mad Studios and BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe S.A.S today confirmed that Project CARS will be available for PlayStation® 4, Xbox One and PC on April 2nd 2015.

The slight shift of the release date is due to final adjustments in the game, that are required to provide to the fans with the best gaming experience they could have.

"Moving a release date was not an easy decision to make, as we know our fans are eager to get their hands-on on Project CARS”, said Ian Bell, Head of Studio at Slightly Mad Studios. “But we know that these extra days will allow us to provide the best game experience that our fans deserve. We assure you the wait will be worth it when the game does arrive early April".

Project CARS aims to deliver the most authentic, beautiful, intense, and technically-advanced racing game on the planet. Crowd-funded by a passionate community that has been involved in the development process from day-one to create their ultimate racing experience, Project CARS includes the largest track roster of any recent racing game, a huge variety of motorsports to play, a freeform and authentic career mode, world-class graphics and handling, dynamic time of day & weather, and a suite of community features and connectivity that leave the competition behind in the dust.

Game: Project CARSReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox OneVotes for game: 1 - View All
Project CARS Videos
Member Comments
# 1 LingeringRegime @ 02/18/15 12:19 PM
I can wait a couple more weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 2 Openroad_7 @ 02/18/15 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime

After many games releasing in a broken state, makes sense to get better quality out the door then dealing with having to wait for patches to go through the approval phase.

# 3 Scyp @ 02/18/15 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime

Hopefully it doesn't turn into months of waiting. I'm stoked for this game!

# 4 rudeworld @ 02/18/15 03:58 PM
Game gets pushed back more then Lebron James hairline. I guess its a good thing if and when it is released its polished but only time will tell.

# 5 kaletore11 @ 02/18/15 04:11 PM
As long as it's good when it comes out.

# 6 Fist Of Kings @ 02/18/15 08:15 PM
I'm in NO hurry. Take your time guys. I'd rather wait for a game to be good instead of playing a rushed game and hoping for patches.

# 7 RyanLaFalce @ 02/19/15 10:43 AM
MLB The Show and Project CARS in the same week? My body is ready.

Sent From My Galaxy S7

# 8 Steve_OS @ 02/27/15 01:28 PM
Amazon and GameStop have confirmed the release date as April 7th for North America. The April 2nd date is for Europe.

# 9 LingeringRegime @ 03/05/15 12:46 AM
I was just reading the game synopsis here...

http://games.highdefdigest.com/12079..._cars_ps4.html

Quote:
Project CARS is the most authentic, beautiful, intense, and technically-advanced racing game on the planet. Create a driver, pick from a variety of motorsports, and shift into high gear to chase a number of Historic Goals and enter the Hall Of Fame. Then test your skills online either in competitive fully-loaded race weekends, leaderboard-based time challenges, or continually-updated community events.

Featuring world-class graphics and handling, a ground-breaking dynamic time of day & weather system, and deep tuning & pit stop functionality, Project CARS leaves the competition behind in the dust.

FEATURES CARS With a huge range of cars and motorsports on offer - everything from road cars, US muscle, and supercars, to GT, touring, open wheel, and even karts; whatever your passion, there's something perfect for you - with more being added regularly!

CAREER Create a driver, choose a starting motorsport, and sign your first contract. Succeed and you'll get offers from other teams, special invitations, and endorsements. Grow, evolve, and pursue a number of Historic Goals with the ultimate aim of being recognised in the Hall Of Fame.

ONLINE Create your own public and private race weekends including full practice, qualifying, and warmup sessions or browse and search all games currently being played across the globe to find the perfect game with others of your skill level and preference.

COMMUNITY Challenge your friends and the worldwide community in asynchronous Time Trial challenges with full downloadable ghost leaderboards, or compete in a regularly-updated season of special community events for real-world prizes.

ULTIMATE VARIETY Race on over 60 unique tracks including closed circuits and point-to-point locations at any time of day and in ever-changing weather conditions. Play pre-defined championships in Season Mode, create your own, or simply visit the Test Track to tweak under the hood in on-track testing. The freedom is yours.

THE DRIVER NETWORK The Driver Network allows players to compare their stats and accolades, track career progress, and share highlights. Build up your Affinity with certain cars, tracks, and motorsports, and strive to retain strong Performance and Reputation ratings.

BEYOND REALITY Project CARS is ready out of the box to hook up to your 4K television, Oculus Rift or Project Morpheus headset, nVidia Shield, or latest steering wheel setup. Plug in and sit back to experience gaming like you've never before; either with cinematic clarity or virtual reality immersion.

# 10 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/05/15 01:04 AM
My goodness. Between this and Driveclub we're really in good shape with racers on PS4.

# 11 Bullit @ 03/05/15 05:54 PM
Actually makes it a little easier on the wallet for me. To much coming out in March that I want,

# 12 jb12780 @ 03/06/15 04:15 PM
Pre-ordered today. Can't wait.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

# 13 thaSLAB @ 03/09/15 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
My goodness. Between this and Driveclub we're really in good shape with racers on PS4.
It may be time for me to invest in a wheel...

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 14 drtrix @ 03/09/15 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
It may be time for me to invest in a wheel...

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk
I agree but the ones worth buying, force feedback, are so $$$. Esp for PS4.

Anyone have suggestions?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.