Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

The MLB 15 The Show livestream on Twitch has begun, featuring a full game and discussion on UI improvements.

Click the spoiler button below to watch it here or click here to view it on a new page. Once the steam has completed, we will update this post with a link to the archive for those of you that miss it.

UPDATE: If you missed the stream, click the spoiler button below or click here to watch the archive on Twitch. Due to an issue during the stream, the first 11 minutes can be seen here. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like extra innings was archived.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
Hoz and Moose, please upload full stream to you tube, I beg of thee. thanks
Starting that now. Gonna be at least an hour.

# 42 CubFan23 @ 02/19/15 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Looks like Jorge Soler didn't get a face scan, and i couldn't tell if Baez got one, but Gregory Polanco got one. So hopefully they got majority of the rookies from last year face scanned.

The new batting stances look really good for the most part as well.
To me, Baez looked like Adam Corolla

# 43 Cowboy008 @ 02/19/15 09:41 PM
Loved the stream. Can't wait for next week we finally get more info on franchise mode and inside the show.

# 44 Madden's Jowels @ 02/19/15 09:41 PM
PNC is definitely improved, especially when he showed how the stadium lighting drowned out the city lights and you could see them the closer to the outfield you got.

It still has room for improvement but it gives me hope, especially since they've still got time to make adjustments, and we're not seeing it in 1080p on a big TV (well at least I'm not).

# 45 rkocjay @ 02/19/15 09:42 PM
Excited for next week

# 46 ajblithe20 @ 02/19/15 09:42 PM
Game looks fantastic as usual! There are definitely things they can approve upon. For me personally, the most glaring issues are the grass and dirt textures and the player models. But this is another solid improvement for The Show. Gonna be a ton of fun

# 47 Russell_SCEA @ 02/19/15 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I noticed that there is no chalk degradation. If I remember correctly it was present when MLB 14 was released but later broken by a patch. Another small detail that I wish was fixed.
Will be fixed tomorrow

# 48 Factzzz @ 02/19/15 09:44 PM
During the stream, one of them said how they're always looking to get all the neck tattoos in the game.

Which stands to reason that the excuse about paying for each tattoo artists "work" isn't necessarily true, and more than likely the reason why tattoos aren't in the game on player's arms is because they use the same arms for all of the players.

# 49 Armor and Sword @ 02/19/15 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I'm sorry but that in game presentation is really disappointing once again. Heck they even totally got rid of the in between inning batter due up stat overlays for some strange reason.

Not what I was hoping for that's for sure.

I really hope that has not been removed....why would that be removed? That screams TV broadcast...makes no sense.

# 50 ajblithe20 @ 02/19/15 09:44 PM
I couldn't have more respect for these developers! Someone mentions chalk degradation.. Ramone says it'll be fixed tomorrow a couple minutes later. Awesome stuff

# 51 Steve_OS @ 02/19/15 09:45 PM
Updated OP. Here is the archive, if you missed it.

http://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio/b/627079111

It doesn't show extra innings and the first 11 minutes is actually here, guessing due to the stream issue early on.

# 52 thaSLAB @ 02/19/15 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Will be fixed tomorrow
So all my heckling worked huh?

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 53 tsbmolina @ 02/19/15 09:48 PM
The beauty of the night time skyline is ruined because someone in those office buildings are using 40 watt light bulbs instead of 100 watt bulbs. Please Russell, can you see that those buildings get lit up much better and not just from a close up view but from the batters perspective, thank you! Otherwise the game looks phenomenal.

# 54 seanjeezy @ 02/19/15 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
During the stream, one of them said how they're always looking to get all the neck tattoos in the game.

Which stands to reason that the excuse about paying for each tattoo artists "work" isn't necessarily true, and more than likely the reason why tattoos aren't in the game on player's arms is because they use the same arms for all of the players.
Hasn't that always been the case? Neck tattoos are there because face scans are done from the neck up, not because of some special permission granted by a tattoo artist. Its also why some players have giant studs in their ears when no one in their right mind would wear those during a game lol

# 55 CubFan23 @ 02/19/15 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
The beauty of the night time skyline is ruined because someone in those office buildings are using 40 watt light bulbs instead of 100 watt bulbs. Please Russell, can you see that those buildings get lit up much better and not just from a close up view but from the batters perspective, thank you! Otherwise the game looks phenomenal.
I love playing in PNC as it is a beautiful park. But at night the city looks like a blackout!

# 56 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 09:52 PM
Have to download twitch videos in parts so its gonna take about 45 minutes to put them together before i can actually upload them. A little after 11 EST it should be ready.

# 57 sydrogerdavid @ 02/19/15 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
Stances, Uni's and Lisc. Gear looks awesome! Noticed though on LaStella stealing second that he bats lefty and when he tried to steal earpiece on helmet was for a righty hitter!
GAH! I was hoping that this bug would be fixed for 15. It's been in the game for a couple of years now. It only affects left handed batters, though. So annoying.

But now, there is quick and easy reference when referring to this bug. You all can see this bug about 3:00 - 3:15 minutes into the 1 hr 21 min archive.

# 58 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 09:55 PM
I see way more photos of the city being pretty damn dark than i do with it being light. I think that part of it is fine.

# 59 kehlis @ 02/19/15 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
I see way more photos of the city being pretty damn dark than i do with it being light. I think that part of it is fine.
In pictures it's dark because of the outfield lights and I don't necessarily blame them for comparing it to those views but to me it should look much more closer to what it looks like to those inside the stadium.

Here is what the city looks like when you are at a game (even with the outfield lights on):

# 60 tsbmolina @ 02/19/15 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
In pictures it's dark because of the outfield lights and I don't necessarily blame them for comparing it to those views but to me it should look much more closer to what it looks like to those inside the stadium.

Here is what the city looks like when you are at a game (even with the outfield lights on):

Now that's what I'm talking about! Gives the stadium so much more life.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.