Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

The MLB 15 The Show livestream on Twitch has begun, featuring a full game and discussion on UI improvements.

Click the spoiler button below to watch it here or click here to view it on a new page. Once the steam has completed, we will update this post with a link to the archive for those of you that miss it.

UPDATE: If you missed the stream, click the spoiler button below or click here to watch the archive on Twitch. Due to an issue during the stream, the first 11 minutes can be seen here. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like extra innings was archived.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 decga @ 02/19/15 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Fan just caught a foul ball... awesome!
I am not sure if you are speaking of the hit down the 3B line the leaning fan picking the ball up before it reached the bat boy... Good to see...

# 62 cubby blue @ 02/19/15 10:06 PM
I can't say whether it's better or not. The stream looked bad on my laptop. It was choppy. I'm not saying it was bad, but really couldn't tell much difference between 14. I'm sure if I could see in person it would've looked better. The summer wind video looked great to me.

# 63 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
In pictures it's dark because of the outfield lights and I don't necessarily blame them for comparing it to those views but to me it should look much more closer to what it looks like to those inside the stadium.

Here is what the city looks like when you are at a game (even with the outfield lights on):

Im not saying that doesnt happen. But just from searching on google i see like 10 dark pics for every 1 light one. And you can tell that even with the lights on its no where near as bright as your pic. Most people seem to want something like you posted though so maybe they should just do what the consumer wants. From a realistic standpoint though i think where its at now is fine.

Edit - mis understood your post deleted that part.

# 64 KHarmo88 @ 02/19/15 10:09 PM
I haven't gotten to watch the full stream. Did someone mention PNC is still being worked on?

# 65 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarmo88
I haven't gotten to watch the full stream. Did someone mention PNC is still being worked on?
The color of the city is i believe. It has a reddish hue to it. I dont think they were working on the brightness.

# 66 Knight165 @ 02/19/15 10:10 PM
The lights outside the stadium are better for sure....but it could be brighter by a bit.
I wouldn't want it all out and distracting....the picture kehlis posted is really the first I've seen that it looks that bright.

M.K.
Knight165

# 67 seanjeezy @ 02/19/15 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby blue
I can't say whether it's better or not. The stream looked bad on my laptop. It was choppy. I'm not saying it was bad, but really couldn't tell much difference between 14. I'm sure if I could see in person it would've looked better. The summer wind video looked great to me.
If you are streaming you have to make sure the "source" option is highlighted, otherwise you get a ton of artifacts and blurriness.

# 68 NDAlum @ 02/19/15 10:10 PM
Slide step thank you that was such an elementary thing to add and extremely important!

Wait so they made the slide step have a penalty? I hope it's a really minor penalty...some guys go slide step exclusively.

# 69 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 10:13 PM
Also the stream was only 30 FPS so it wasnt as smooth as it will be.

# 70 kehlis @ 02/19/15 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Im not saying that doesnt happen. But just from searching on google i see like 10 dark pics for every 1 light one.
That's actually exactly what you are saying.

I explained why you see what you do via a high res camera.

You can choose to believe it or not, I go to at least 20 games every year and the background doesn't at all look dark.

I actually even used to work in the Steel Building (the tallest one in the background) and I can assure you our lights are on 24/7 and are very noticeable while watching both in person and on TV.

Do you think all of those building all of a sudden turned all those lights on as soon as the game was over and the fireworks show came on?

# 71 seanjeezy @ 02/19/15 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Slide step thank you that was such an elementary thing to add and extremely important!

Wait so they made the slide step have a penalty? I hope it's a really minor penalty...some guys go slide step exclusively.
IIRC there's an accuracy and velocity penalty.

I'm sure the guys who slide step all the time don't require manually doing a slide step, it should already be a part of their stretch delivery.

# 72 cubby blue @ 02/19/15 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
If you are streaming you have to make sure the "source" option is highlighted, otherwise you get a ton of artifacts and blurriness.
I had it on medium at the beginning. Then I switched to source which looked better. I will try to watch tonight on my TV to see if that makes a difference.

# 73 Hockeynut99 @ 02/19/15 10:21 PM
Quote:

You can choose to believe it or not, I go to at least 20 games every year and the background doesn't at all look dark.

I actually even used to work in the Steel Building (the tallest one in the background) and I can assure you our lights are on 24/7 and are very noticeable while watching both in person and on TV.

Do you think all of those building all of a sudden turned all those lights on as soon as the game was over and the fireworks show came on?
Well they should. Save that wasted engery. Kudos for Scea for thinking of the earth!

I am sure there is so legit reason why it looks dark might cause the game to crash or something like that.

# 74 KHarmo88 @ 02/19/15 10:21 PM
Quote:

Kehlis lets get together for the first night game this year and get real life pictures of the entire stadium every inning. That way, 16 will be spot on. My father in law has a professional camera.

# 75 CubFan23 @ 02/19/15 10:22 PM
Hopefully Ramone can pop back in here and answer this. The Cubs announced that they will be wearing an Ernie Banks #14 patch this year, any chance this makes it in?

# 76 NDAlum @ 02/19/15 10:23 PM
Nitpick: I really want the Pirates jerseys to be a more black color and not so faded looking...

# 77 redsox4evur @ 02/19/15 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Hopefully Ramone can pop back in here and answer this. The Cubs announced that they will be wearing an Ernie Banks #14 patch this year, any chance this makes it in?
Probably not, they have never done it for any other teams.

# 78 BravesBoy @ 02/19/15 10:25 PM
so......anything positive?

# 79 sydrogerdavid @ 02/19/15 10:26 PM
Quote:
Kehlis lets get together for the first night game this year and get real life pictures of the entire stadium every inning. That way, 16 will be spot on. My father in law has a professional camera.
Seriously, that's what you got to do. I know from first hand experience.

Everybody, go to your stadium and take your own pictures.

# 80 kehlis @ 02/19/15 10:28 PM
Quote:
I'm going through Facebook posts trying to find some crappy stills with an Iphone that will actually show it lol.

I'll be at opening day though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
so......anything positive?
Lots and lots of positives.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.