Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

The MLB 15 The Show livestream on Twitch has begun, featuring Franchise improvements, Inside the Radio Show and year to year saves.

Click the spoiler button below to watch it here or click this link to view it on a new page. Once the steam has completed, we will update this post with a link to the archive for those of you that miss it.

UPDATE: Link and spoiler button updated with archive. (Starts at roughly the 1:23 mark)

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 MrOldboy @ 02/27/15 12:11 AM
I really hope the new contract logic does improve the offseason. It has been a tedious mess to try and make sure each team keeps control of it's young players properly. In conjunction with that, I also hope that they can finally improve the trade logic to a point where teams actually make reasonable trades that improve their team. I've seen sub.500 teams make win now type moves or of course the overvalued reliever issue.

Hope twitch comes back soon, didn't get far into the stream.

# 122 HozAndMoose @ 02/27/15 12:15 AM
best fielding team. I like the love.

# 123 HozAndMoose @ 02/27/15 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I really hope the new contract logic does improve the offseason. It has been a tedious mess to try and make sure each team keeps control of it's young players properly. In conjunction with that, I also hope that they can finally improve the trade logic to a point where teams actually make reasonable trades that improve their team. I've seen sub.500 teams make win now type moves or of course the overvalued reliever issue.

Hope twitch comes back soon, didn't get far into the stream.
Twitch is fine?

# 124 pirates1fan @ 02/27/15 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskoz
I agree, I like the addition of goals but get a world series win or get canned seems pretty hardcore.
It's the Yankees. They are pretty merciless when it comes to patience with winning. The game recognizes that too, which I think is neat. If you are the Houston Astros right now, for example, your 3 year goal is different. I like it. I might turn that option off and just stay with the Pirates, but I like the option of the GM goal stuff. Pretty neat.

# 125 jaiman @ 02/27/15 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Cyberface workaround...

Start your franchise...proceed to the option menu.....choose fantasy draft and then back out without starting the draft.

All faces will be cyberfaces at that point.

Now...w/y2y saves....I wonder if real portraits will be creeping in because of the auto update of SCEA created players updating each new year(real year)?

M.K.

Knight165

Cool! Never knew this workaround existed. Pretty straightforward. Thanks for the explanation.

# 126 Sco291 @ 02/27/15 12:26 AM
I feel like after playing MLB 15 I will never want to hear the word "victorious" again, ever.

Radio Show is very well done though, I will give them that. For the first year, it is pretty amazing. Good job Kirby and co.

Love the super sim speed....definitely welcomed. Menus...everything looks way bettter for franchise this year. Trade finder, contracts, ......cant wait.

# 127 TypicalPhenom @ 02/27/15 12:30 AM
Maybe they explained it and I missed it, but they were discussing trade logic, then the next thing I see is Eric Young Jr traded for CC Sabathia? I'm hoping there's more to the trade logic than just implementing more 1-on-1 trades.

# 128 Madden's Jowels @ 02/27/15 12:48 AM
Hey Ramone, this is a question I tried to get answered during the stream but Lance was ignoring me lol.

You guys showed the new improved Transactions menu, where you can now sort by transaction type as well as team-by-team. This prompted me to ask, if we will actually be able to see the transactions screen in Road to the Show during the season, because currently you can only see it during the offseason, which is annoying and makes it harder to follow along with what's happening in the league.

Thanks for the stream, it was awesome. Chris Sale is your kryptonite lol.

# 129 og236 @ 02/27/15 12:59 AM
Have yet to see the stream, but after reading this thread I'm AMPED!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 130 ty5oke @ 02/27/15 01:02 AM
Hope to get a good start in my franchise this year and look forward to the improvements to really kick in next year.

# 131 statum71 @ 02/27/15 01:14 AM
I sure hate I can't keep up. This Twitch stuff just doesn't load when I click on it. I've missed ALL the videos so far.

Just goes to the page and won't even start the video.

# 132 Jimmydm90 @ 02/27/15 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I sure hate I can't keep up. This Twitch stuff just doesn't load when I click on it. I've missed ALL the videos so far.

Just goes to the page and won't even start the video.

You have to use a computer. It doesn't work on IOS devices like Ipad or IPhone because they don't use flash.

# 133 bigwill33 @ 02/27/15 01:20 AM
This is perhaps the most minor thing to ever point out, but was something that stuck out to me last year as well...

The Pirates logo in the menus is always the picture logo and not their P logo, which is now their primary logo in real life. And the Indians primary logo is still the Chief Wahoo logo in the game, where in real life they have changed over to the block C logo.

Not sure if it bugs me, but I have noticed it when looking for teams in the menus with like league leaders and such.

# 134 HozAndMoose @ 02/27/15 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
HozandMoose ..... what up bro ?
Upload just started. Took forever for the video to render after combining the 4 parts. The actual upload shouldn't take to long. Have a feeling YouTube is gonna takes its sweet time processing it though. Its an hour and 45 minutes long.

# 135 HozAndMoose @ 02/27/15 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
I have a question have they archived this stream on Twitch on the PS4? Or is it on YouTube? Would appreciate it if someone let me know. Thank you!
Im working on YouTube now. Cant watch the archives on PS4.

# 136 og236 @ 02/27/15 01:38 AM
Hey HozAndMoose, thanks for taking the time to put it on YouTube man, appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 137 Gagnon39 @ 02/27/15 01:46 AM
I'll give SCEA the benefit of the doubt on the radio show, I think they've earned that. But if it's like that every time, I'll be turning it off after two games.

# 138 HozAndMoose @ 02/27/15 01:56 AM
Here is the link. Its not done processing yet. Im gonna be watching House of Cards so i may not notice when its done. I will post it again when i do though.

Guess i wont be watching House of Cards. Stupid PST time.

# 139 rovert22044 @ 02/27/15 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalPhenom
Maybe they explained it and I missed it, but they were discussing trade logic, then the next thing I see is Eric Young Jr traded for CC Sabathia? I'm hoping there's more to the trade logic than just implementing more 1-on-1 trades.
Saw this too. My girlfriend was hearing me say things like:

"Wow that looks great!"
"Awesome new feature!"
"That's a good trade!"

Then out of nowhere:

"... ERIC YOUNG JR FOR CC!?!? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?!?"

Haha In all seriousness, there's no such thing as a perfect system. There will be those occasional wonky trades that happen. Best way to look at it is maybe, just maybe, the Yankees valued Eric Young Jr over CC. Maybe he was batting .350 or some crazy high average and they needed an OF bat? Who knows. Sure it's wonky, but 90% of the trades looked spot on.

# 140 rovert22044 @ 02/27/15 02:21 AM
Overall, whether it's in-game or in-menu, this game looks AMAZING, both visually and mechanically. The additions of editable contracts and off-season contractual enhancements already puts it leaps and bounds ahead of previous version. The radio show sounds great for it's first year; extremely impressive. The skylines are second to none. The motions/stances/animations are so fluid and spot on, it's nearly life-like. Combine all of this with licensed equipment and we've got one heck of a game. The people calling this a "roster upgrade for $60" are out of their minds and have obviously not paid any attention to the streams.

Once again, SCEA never fails to impress. #1 development team in my books. They create impressive games, they interact with the community, they take feedback exceptionally well, and they're obviously passionate about their work. I cannot speak enough about their character and dedication as a whole; I have massive respect for them.

March 31st can't come soon enough... #BaseballIsBetter

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.