Home
FIFA 15 News Post

FIFA 15 title update #4 is available now for PlayStation 4 (302 MB), Xbox One (257 MB) and PC. Check out the full list of details below.
  • Added the MLS expansion teams Orlando City and New York City FC to the “Rest of the World” league for Kick-Off and Online Matches.
  • Stability improvements to EASFC Match Day Challenges, Pro Clubs, and Online Seasons.
  • Fixed stability issue around requesting a substitution in Player Career.
  • Addressed issue where some players were not able to unlock certain boot packs for their Virtual Pro.
  • Names of scouted players in Career Mode are now more reflective of their country of origin.
  • Stability improvements to Friendly Seasons in FIFA Ultimate Team Seasons.
  • Improved ‘Compare Price’ functionality in FIFA Ultimate Team when comparing prices for consumables.
FIFA 15 title update #3 is available for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 users. Check out the full list of details below.
  • Added the MLS expansion teams Orlando City and New York City FC to the “Rest of the World” league for Kick-Off and Online Matches.
  • Stability improvements to Online Friendlies, Kick-Off, Co-Op Seasons, EASFC Match Day Challenges and FUT Friendly Seasons
  • Names of scouted players in Career Mode are now more reflective of their country of origin
  • Improved ‘Compare Price’ functionality in FIFA Ultimate Team when comparing prices for consumables
  • Improvements to the Transfer Market search functionality in FIFA Ultimate Team
Furthermore, there will be a maintenance period this evening as we prepare for an important change coming to FIFA Ultimate Team.

Source - EA Forums

UPDATE: If you want to use Orlando City SC and New York City FC in other modes, you have to swap them out for another team.

Also, as bostonchipster notes, Orlando City SC and New York City FC have no commentary lines for them (just called home and away team), which is a bit unfortunate, but their kits and lineups are all in.

Game: FIFA 15Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jguernsey @ 03/11/15 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by christian7210
Anybody on an Xbox One here? Still not seeing the expansion MLS squads anywhere post-update...

EDIT: I had to reset squads to see them. I can also use them with Matchday Live off, but can't seem to turn Matchday Live on, which may be a server issue.
This worked for me as well. THANK YOU!

# 62 nascar00 @ 03/11/15 07:03 PM
This update pretty much messed up my FIFA 15 because I can't turn on my Match day live, I can't get the new MLS teams and I've reset my squads and they still don't show up and sometimes it won't even let me play online. Anyone know how to fix this?

# 63 jrose57 @ 03/12/15 03:02 AM
The CPU seems to be a lot better, makes it more challenging, anyone sees this as well?

# 64 luvgisele @ 03/12/15 03:03 PM
Also, the trick to lower board expectations in Career by including low rated players in main squad and reserves does not work anymore. Board expectations remain the same...can anyone confirm this finding? I tested with Sunderland and expectation is Europa for 1st season....did not change when i tried the trick...

# 65 luvgisele @ 03/12/15 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
This has been the case for me since patch#2 or 3. I've not been able to start a CM with a squad of reserves and get a lower board expectation, I am always expected to challenge for top 4 with Spurs.
That's weird...I was able to do that prior to this patch...Tried to start a new CM with Sunderland and they want a Europa place....imagine that...

# 66 Resurrection403 @ 03/12/15 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvgisele
Also, the trick to lower board expectations in Career by including low rated players in main squad and reserves does not work anymore. Board expectations remain the same...can anyone confirm this finding? I tested with Sunderland and expectation is Europa for 1st season....did not change when i tried the trick...
Make sure you don't have multiple team sheets

# 67 mlozano88 @ 03/12/15 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar00
This update pretty much messed up my FIFA 15 because I can't turn on my Match day live, I can't get the new MLS teams and I've reset my squads and they still don't show up and sometimes it won't even let me play online. Anyone know how to fix this?
Yes this is the exact problem Im having... For more it been going on since the day I downloaded the rosters and it got to the point where I contacted an EA rep because all the forums are worried about the FUT changes and no one is focusing on this part of the issue.

Issues I have:
1) matchday squads will not activate
2) online matches aren't available because of an "online squad check error"
3) I am unable to download updates due to "Unable to retrieve your EA information" error
4) New teams (OCSC & NYCFC) aren't available after update

Things I have done:
1) Yes I am connected to the internet
2) Yes I am connected to xbox live
3) Yes I am logged into the EA servers
4) Yes I did reset rosters (does not work for actually playing as those teams)
5) Yes I did try to download latest roster from customize team menu
6) yes I did play partial games to get the auto update to kick in and turn matchday on
7) I did delete and re install all game components (did not work)
8) I cleared my Xbox One memory for FIFA 15 and had the Console re-sync with the game (did not work)
9) I have deleted certain files (setting and squads etc) that the FIFA rep told me to to try and redownload and it did not work.
10) I erased my profile from my Xbox One and redownloaded it to try and get FIFA to re-sync as well (did not work)

Conclusion:
Finally called EA Sports as a last resort and came to the conclusion that the issue is on their end 100% and there is nothing we can do if we are affected by these issues at the moment. For me , its the 3rd day in a row that this has been going on, but for others it might have different time frames. The FIFA Rep told me that EA has already fixed and patched everything for FUT (which seems to be the focus BOOO!) and that now they are working on the core aspects of the game. Was also told that all Playstation servers should be recieving the correct patch and online squads as of now and have no more problems but that EA is having problems distributing the patch (and matchday rosters, online squads, etc) to XBOX 360, XBOX ONE, and the PC version of the game. She said the problem with matchday and the online squads is all connected to FUT and the update system, so when FUT is online, everything else should just work. As a side note, I was one the phone with them at about noon today, and that she was unable to give me an ETA when system would be fixed. I was told to check in a day or two. THAT TELLS ME THAT THIS IS A VERY BIG ISSUE AND THEY ARE NOT CLOSE TO FIXING IT, and definitely not today.

Sorry guys, I want to play as bad as everyone else but that's what I have to go on and my trial and errors to try and get this darn game to work.

# 68 jrose57 @ 03/12/15 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
I sort of believe there is some change to gameplay. One particular match the CPU was passing the ball around much better (instead of constant over dribbling), they even played some lofted field switching balls from defense. This behavior is different than pre-patch#4.
Yea I agree, there are definitely some changes to the gameplay, anyone else notice any difference?

# 69 Wavebird99 @ 03/13/15 12:24 AM
EA has to address this. The patch is clearly broken for many players.

# 70 kylesedlacko @ 03/13/15 01:15 AM
This could be nit picky, but so be it. What in te world happened to the white tiempo boot with this update? The majority of defenders wore the in the Game I feel, and now they all wear what look like golf shoes. The option is still there in edit player, but when you select those boots it always looks like they're about to hop on to the links. I saw that EA updates the squads every Friday in this thread, is that true? If so I hope they fix this, doesn't even have to be the tiempos. Just some sort of real boot for the OCD people. Anywho, has anyone else noticed this? Don't feel like I could possibly start a new career until this is fixed. -_-

# 71 NikeBlitz @ 03/13/15 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlozano88
Yes this is the exact problem Im having... For more it been going on since the day I downloaded the rosters and it got to the point where I contacted an EA rep because all the forums are worried about the FUT changes and no one is focusing on this part of the issue.

Issues I have:
1) matchday squads will not activate
2) online matches aren't available because of an "online squad check error"
3) I am unable to download updates due to "Unable to retrieve your EA information" error
4) New teams (OCSC & NYCFC) aren't available after update

Things I have done:
1) Yes I am connected to the internet
2) Yes I am connected to xbox live
3) Yes I am logged into the EA servers
4) Yes I did reset rosters (does not work for actually playing as those teams)
5) Yes I did try to download latest roster from customize team menu
6) yes I did play partial games to get the auto update to kick in and turn matchday on
7) I did delete and re install all game components (did not work)
8) I cleared my Xbox One memory for FIFA 15 and had the Console re-sync with the game (did not work)
9) I have deleted certain files (setting and squads etc) that the FIFA rep told me to to try and redownload and it did not work.
10) I erased my profile from my Xbox One and redownloaded it to try and get FIFA to re-sync as well (did not work)

Conclusion:
Finally called EA Sports as a last resort and came to the conclusion that the issue is on their end 100% and there is nothing we can do if we are affected by these issues at the moment. For me , its the 3rd day in a row that this has been going on, but for others it might have different time frames. The FIFA Rep told me that EA has already fixed and patched everything for FUT (which seems to be the focus BOOO!) and that now they are working on the core aspects of the game. Was also told that all Playstation servers should be recieving the correct patch and online squads as of now and have no more problems but that EA is having problems distributing the patch (and matchday rosters, online squads, etc) to XBOX 360, XBOX ONE, and the PC version of the game. She said the problem with matchday and the online squads is all connected to FUT and the update system, so when FUT is online, everything else should just work. As a side note, I was one the phone with them at about noon today, and that she was unable to give me an ETA when system would be fixed. I was told to check in a day or two. THAT TELLS ME THAT THIS IS A VERY BIG ISSUE AND THEY ARE NOT CLOSE TO FIXING IT, and definitely not today.

Sorry guys, I want to play as bad as everyone else but that's what I have to go on and my trial and errors to try and get this darn game to work.

Same issue here. Any new word from EA ? It's friday so a roster update should roll on ...

EDIT: Came back to normal by itself.

# 72 KG @ 03/13/15 09:02 PM
Placebo effect on game play

# 73 jrose57 @ 03/15/15 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Placebo effect on game play
What do you mean bro???

# 74 Wavebird99 @ 03/16/15 12:00 AM
Has anyone actually managed to swap out NYCFC for Chivas or something at the beginning of a CM? NYCFC and Orlando show up in Kick-Off for me now, but wont show up when I try to swap teams at the beginning of a CM.

My guess is that the CM allows you to pick from the "default" slate of teams, but then asks if you wanna update the rosters before you begin. Kind of a lame oversight, unless someone has found a way to pick them.

# 75 zrohman @ 03/16/15 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebird99
Has anyone actually managed to swap out NYCFC for Chivas or something at the beginning of a CM? NYCFC and Orlando show up in Kick-Off for me now, but wont show up when I try to swap teams at the beginning of a CM.

My guess is that the CM allows you to pick from the "default" slate of teams, but then asks if you wanna update the rosters before you begin. Kind of a lame oversight, unless someone has found a way to pick them.
I've swapped them in a few times with the updated rosters too.

I kept having the issues. Deleted all my squads, updated rosters, did everything I could. Finally I turned match day off in a quick game and it worked. Then when I went to swap them it worked.

Days later I updated rosters, by downloading latest squad update in the menu. I adjusted my squad in the menus and swapped teams successfully again with no issue.With the updated rosters

# 76 Wavebird99 @ 03/16/15 01:34 AM
Hmm, maybe Ill just need download squads on the menu, and fiddle myself. Good to know its just me probably

# 77 jrose57 @ 03/16/15 09:29 PM
Anyone notices gameplay change? If so, what are they?

# 78 RoyceDa59 @ 03/16/15 10:20 PM
Anybody suggest any good camera settings?

# 79 KG @ 03/17/15 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
What do you mean bro???
People have a tendency to think there are changes to game play after patches even though they aren't listed in the patch notes, not even the generic Konami "other minor changes to the gaming experience blah blah blah".

Even more, it takes time and a lot games to see if the anomalies are indeed fact. Coupled with the fact that are hundreds of teams in FIFA with semi-unique tactics as well as different players with unique traits what people tend to see are fluke occurences.

I've played about 30 matches post patch of BAP (almost completely AI vs AI) and I see the same things in regards to gameplay.

# 80 snyder5man @ 03/17/15 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
People have a tendency to think there are changes to game play after patches even though they aren't listed in the patch notes, not even the generic Konami "other minor changes to the gaming experience blah blah blah".

Even more, it takes time and a lot games to see if the anomalies are indeed fact. Coupled with the fact that are hundreds of teams in FIFA with semi-unique tactics as well as different players with unique traits what people tend to see are fluke occurences.

I've played about 30 matches post patch of BAP (almost completely AI vs AI) and I see the same things in regards to gameplay.

I've played around 25 games post patch and there is a small change in the AI marking. Before the patch, I could move the ball up to my striker very quickly. I don't like doing that because my striker would be w/o support, but I would use it late in the game to waste time/keep the ball as far from my goal as possible. I digress, I now can't get the ball up to my striker in a few passes. My passing lanes are either filled or a defender is close enough to "cover" my CAM/CM/RW/LW/STs. I have to move the ball into space to open different passing lanes. It feels more realistic.

Just to be clear, I use 50 on CPU Marking. I started with 25 marking and worked my way up to 50 around new year. As I moved the slider up, defenders would mark closer or break to a player faster. It did not fill my passing lanes. This is new. EA my have not touched this area of game play, but it feels that way to me. Perception is reality. So, that makes this true (even if it is just to the way I play the game). Just my 2 cents.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.