Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

For those of you that missed the MLB 15 The Show livestream on IGN earlier this afternoon, they have uploaded it to their YouTube channel. It features the Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Washington Nationals, Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Diego Padres and some Road to The Show.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 tc020791 @ 03/10/15 10:21 PM
Gameplay looked amazing as always in this stream. But there was one thing that scared me. If you go to 40:11 of the video, when they're scrolling through each teams updates, there were a lot of good players on waivers. Between the mariners and royals alone I saw Austin Jackson, Fernando Rodney, wade Davis and Alex gordon. Another that comes to mind is yovanni gallardo of the brewers. I would never expect all those guys to hit waivers. Maybe one of them but not all of those really good players. Not to mention those were the only few teams updates who were shown. For all we know every single team could be waiving key players on the trade deadline (Franchise said it 7/31/15).

# 22 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/10/15 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Good watch and insight. Didn't like hearing that they were trying to influence a home run holding up and pulling, though. I'll stick with zone hitting after hearing that.
I've always been a timing hitter. I'm not interested in the directional hitting in the least. I'm going to just stick with that since you can use directional hitting just like timing as long as you don't pick a direction on the analog stick.

# 23 ShowTyme15 @ 03/10/15 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Gameplay looked amazing as always in this stream. But there was one thing that scared me. If you go to 40:11 of the video, when they're scrolling through each teams updates, there were a lot of good players on waivers. Between the mariners and royals alone I saw Austin Jackson, Fernando Rodney, wade Davis and Alex gordon. Another that comes to mind is yovanni gallardo of the brewers. I would never expect all those guys to hit waivers. Maybe one of them but not all of those really good players. Not to mention those were the only few teams updates who were shown. For all we know every single team could be waiving key players on the trade deadline (Franchise said it 7/31/15).
They were at August 5th in the franchise. That is normal for big names to go on waivers. After July 31st it is the revocable waiver period.

EXAMPLE just this past season both Bryce Harper and Stephen Strasburg were put on waivers in August in real life. Both were pulled back when they got claimed.

# 24 nomo17k @ 03/10/15 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Good watch and insight. Didn't like hearing that they were trying to influence a home run holding up and pulling, though. I'll stick with zone hitting after hearing that.
Although how much influence is really too big can be debatable and in the end is perhaps a matter of preference, I felt that Directional hitting works more like helping you place PCI in such a way that the desired type of hit is "more likely" to be generated... but it really doesn't force any outcome to be generated.

Effectively, it probably won't feel too different from using Zone to do something similar, except with Zone you really have to be good to make slight adjustments to consistently execute the locating of PCI to produce a desired type of hit.

So in terms of Zone lingo, by influencing pull and fly ball, Ramone was trying to place PCI slightly below the pitch (to be under), and maximize the quality of contact when your swing is a bit early (to pull).

With Zone you have to do that yourself, but with Directional, PCI *tries* to do that for you. But it is of course not always successful.

Is that realistic? I think depends on who you talk to, but that was what I felt how it worked trying Directional myself.

# 25 tc020791 @ 03/10/15 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
They were at August 5th in the franchise. That is normal for big names to go on waivers. After July 31st it is the revocable waiver period.

EXAMPLE just this past season both Bryce Harper and Stephen Strasburg were put on waivers in August in real life. Both were pulled back when they got claimed.
So you're saying most guys will get pulled back when they're claimed? I was just worried that all those guys would be claim without any fight from their respective clubs.

# 26 thaSLAB @ 03/10/15 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

For those of you that missed the MLB 15 The Show livestream on IGN earlier this afternoon, they have uploaded it to their YouTube channel. It features the Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Washington Nationals, Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Diego Padres and some Road to The Show.
FYI, this is also available on the PS4 IGN app.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 27 ShowTyme15 @ 03/10/15 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
So you're saying most guys will get pulled back when they're claimed? I was just worried that all those guys would be claim without any fight from their respective clubs.
Yes they will get pulled back even in the show. This is common for big names or high priced players to be put on revocable waivers. Almost all of them get pulled back by their teams.

# 28 tc020791 @ 03/10/15 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Yes they will get pulled back even in the show. This is common for big names or high priced players to be put on revocable waivers. Almost of them get pulled back by their teams.
Thanks i appciate the insight 👍

# 29 Cowboy008 @ 03/10/15 10:49 PM
I like the radio show. I think it will add a lot to my franchises.

# 30 JayD @ 03/11/15 01:20 AM
I really wish the hitters would move a little more before the pitcher is ready to come to the plate. They just look so stagnate.

# 31 Jimmydm90 @ 03/11/15 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I like the radio show. I think it will add a lot to my franchises.

I'm excited to see where it goes and how they build on to it year after year. They've got strong foundation already.

# 32 Bravescountry123 @ 03/11/15 02:58 AM
No ejections! Corbin also balked the entire time and it was never called

# 33 LastActionHero @ 03/11/15 05:20 AM
I really liked all the side info given by Russel during the game like the players casting their own shadows now. It's those little things!

I also really had to laugh when they talked about prioritising everything they, or the fans, really wanted to put in the game. Russel then mentions they redid all the stadium backdrops and even the press/vip boxes where they put in fridges now and then the IGN guy says they might have to reconsider their priorities haha.

# 34 merchant1874 @ 03/11/15 05:38 AM
Not normally a fan of Mcaffrey but that was a great watch.

Loved his enthusiasm for baseball and the game, very infectious.

# 35 Splitter77 @ 03/11/15 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
The more I'm seeing actual gameplay footage,the less I'm impressed with the visuals in this year's Show. Call me crazy,it isn't jumping out at me visually sorry. The turf/grass looks the same the dirt still looks the same. I can't even say the player models look that much better either. I'm just hoping this game isn't a letdown visually! But ill hold my judgment until the game is released and I'm actually playing it. The stream they showed of both games just didn't pop for me. I'm hoping I'm wrong.
pretty sure its the videos.
i saw the show 14 on ps4 for the first time last month.
looks amazing.

but im not a really a graphics guy. If high heat 2001 was playable on my ps4 and had homerun collision detection i would probably never play another baseball game again.

i dont think there is enough difference though in mlb 15 for me to spend the full $60+ on it.
i know when i saw mlb 14, the framerate was pretty bad. so hopefully its better in 2015.

im a player that doesnt really care about roofs, player specifics and such.

i care more about the homerun camera not being in the game, camera cutting away too quick in btp view, customization, stats, etc

I dont really follow baseball much. I kinda like playing games, but with fake players that i dont really know tendencies of.

# 36 CubsWillRiseAgain @ 03/11/15 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
The more I'm seeing actual gameplay footage,the less I'm impressed with the visuals in this year's Show. Call me crazy,it isn't jumping out at me visually sorry. The turf/grass looks the same the dirt still looks the same. I can't even say the player models look that much better either. I'm just hoping this game isn't a letdown visually! But ill hold my judgment until the game is released and I'm actually playing it. The stream they showed of both games just didn't pop for me. I'm hoping I'm wrong.
while i agree in the videos all that doesn't pop, it ALWAYS looks stunning on the actual PS4 when you play it. last year i was real concerned with this stuff, then played it on the PS4 and it definitely popped

# 37 BravesBoy @ 03/11/15 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravescountry123
No ejections! Corbin also balked the entire time and it was never called
You can turn balks on and off in the options menu...

# 38 dazzelle @ 03/11/15 07:26 AM
To me the IGN stream seemed a bit washed out/dull compared to the streams SDS have done.Viewed on the same tv with same settings.

Liked the info about fly balls getting down quicker and each field having its more up to date pattern.

# 39 Jimmydm90 @ 03/11/15 08:07 AM
The stream made me realize that I really want new "MLB the Show" intro/outro music. You know the one.

It's the little riff that's been in the game for many years and plays before and after every game. Even if they just added a few different intro/outro songs to mix it up, I'd be happy. Especially if we never get Sounds of the Show back.

# 40 zfarrow @ 03/11/15 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Did we ever get a confirmation of realistic skin tones for created players? Not in the mood to search lol
Also wondering about this - would add so much to the game in RTTS and future years of franchise (not to mention OSFM).

Anyone know anything?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.