Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

For those of you that missed the MLB 15 The Show livestream on IGN earlier this afternoon, they have uploaded it to their YouTube channel. It features the Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Washington Nationals, Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Diego Padres and some Road to The Show.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 thaSLAB @ 03/11/15 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Along with a new PA announcer. I know they have an in-house guy doing it now, and they can continue to do that... but a new one with more authenticity brought to PA announcing. Or at least change the filter so it doesn't sound like he's speaking through a toilet paper roll.
Kirby and I actually had a discussion about the PA announcing, and what can be done to enhance it, in game. We also talked about how to handle situations like Renel Brooks-Moon... so yeah, there were ideas being thrown around for sure.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 62 Hockeynut99 @ 03/11/15 01:17 PM
Two things I notcie. Hits to the grap look great and too bad that Dodgers cover boy showed know emotion with hitting that triple.

# 63 Boilerbuzz @ 03/11/15 01:25 PM
Hold up...

Did he just say, "we have a new feature called Advanced AI Logic"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oklCvqo0pQ&t=704

Um...

This is a feature? This is "new"? What was it before? "Rudimentary AI Logic", patent pending? Why not call it, "Really Good CPU Brainness"? Or "Liquid AI"?

Just... I don't know what to say. And what's REALLY funny is what happens JUST as he's saying it. I don't know about, but if that's the product of said feature, seems kinda busted to me. But that's just me. Looking at that part, he could have called it "Advanced Artificial Stupidity", patent pending...

# 64 CubsWillRiseAgain @ 03/11/15 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Along with a new PA announcer. I know they have an in-house guy doing it now, and they can continue to do that... but a new one with more authenticity brought to PA announcing. Or at least change the filter so it doesn't sound like he's speaking through a toilet paper roll.
new PA announcer? they need a whole new broadcast team

# 65 Armor and Sword @ 03/11/15 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
So now we're almost there I wonder what this years intro will be like. I really liked last years version but 13 is still on top of my list
MLBTS 12 was the greatest ever!!!

And The Show's presentation is one of the tops in sports gaming. I don't care what some think. They have 10 years worth of lines and added another ton of them this year. It would be absolutely stupid to tear it all down.

Matty V is fantastic.

Keep building and enhancing what you have. That is the business model The Show has had and why the game continues the thrive each and every year.

Totally disagree with this "new coat of paint line of thinking" when it comes to the Show's presentation...which IMO keeps getting better and better each and every year. It's more than just about the play by play. It's about the replays, the stat swipes, the score bug, the ticker, the breakaway's between innings, the camera options etc. And I feel they will keep improving stat swipes and things of that nature each and every year. I would not be surprised to see more in-game stat options like we saw on 2k's game (which did that very well..in fact that was about all it really did well).

# 66 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/11/15 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsWillRiseAgain
new PA announcer? they need a whole new broadcast team
Whenever I play a game, and start to get annoyed with the commentary. I just pause the game, sit back in my recliner, sip a drink of whatever I'm drinking at the time, and say to myself......"We used to have to listen to Rex Hudler every game" and it makes everything seem ok.

# 67 ShowTyme15 @ 03/11/15 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
MLBTS 12 was the greatest ever!!!
The Braves and Red Sox collapses?

# 68 Cowboy008 @ 03/11/15 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
Two things I notcie. Hits to the grap look great and too bad that Dodgers cover boy showed know emotion with hitting that triple.
During the SSDS streams they said they upped the emotion but in the final version it will be toned down so it would only happen at certain times. Hopefully though it won't just be once in a while that they will show emotion.

# 69 Mgbleu1986 @ 03/11/15 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
In what way is that?

Go to youtube and watch some clips on Pro Baseball and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's a lot more authentic to an actual broadcast game.

# 70 thaSLAB @ 03/11/15 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbleu1986
Go to youtube and watch some clips on Pro Baseball and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's a lot more authentic to an actual broadcast game.
I own 7 versions of PYS... I'm interested in particulars of what you think is better.

Oh wait, that's my video.

# 71 bigwill33 @ 03/11/15 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
During the SSDS streams they said they upped the emotion but in the final version it will be toned down so it would only happen at certain times. Hopefully though it won't just be once in a while that they will show emotion.
Hopefully this is just the start of where emotion comes into the series. Until it is expanded upon it is probably a good idea that it is limited because it would get repetitive fast over a season if you saw the same things all of the time.

I hope that as the years go by they just continue to touch-up and expand what emotion factors are showcased in the game and further replicate the real life and on field actions.

# 72 Jimmydm90 @ 03/11/15 02:36 PM
Some players should have the emotions turned up to 100% every game.

I'm looking at you, Jake Peavey...

# 73 MetsFan16 @ 03/11/15 02:47 PM
I have a question about Defensive Shifting. If we go to the Defensive Positioning screen, not quick shifts and we set our positioning for each player in the opposing lineup, is there a way to save that so that the next two games in the series of franchise we do not have to do those shifting again?

# 74 nemesis04 @ 03/11/15 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I have a question about Defensive Shifting. If we go to the Defensive Positioning screen, not quick shifts and we set our positioning for each player in the opposing lineup, is there a way to save that so that the next two games in the series of franchise we do not have to do those shifting again?
Unfortunately no, I am hoping one day my idea gets implemented to combat this. I am not giving up SCEA! LOL

# 75 Hockeynut99 @ 03/11/15 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I own 7 versions of PYS... I'm interested in particulars of what you think is better.

Oh wait, that's my video.

Both games have their strengths and weaknesses. If they can make a love child someday we would be in a baseball heaven.

# 76 Mgbleu1986 @ 03/11/15 04:09 PM
Quote:
Both games have their strengths and weaknesses. If they can make a love child someday we would be in a baseball heaven.
Hahaha touche!

# 77 Splitter77 @ 03/11/15 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
Home run cut scene is exactly the same .. And so is the intro cut scene . Although I appreciate some of the small additions it's hard not to think you are watching mlb 14, or to a lesser degree mlb13
i thought they removed the hr camera.

# 78 thaSLAB @ 03/11/15 04:51 PM
Quote:
Which is exactly why I wanted to know specifically what he likes better.

# 79 thaSLAB @ 03/11/15 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Do we know if SCEA (or Sony), whatever it is... has partnership contracts with any major broadcasting company? Like just as example, I know they dont partner with FOX, but if they did, they could use Fox's intro/outro music in between innings, start of game, end of game, etc... Anything like that? (Especially since the different Fox Sports regional networks cover most games now (unless the team has their own dedicated network like the Yankees YES or Sox NESN or Rockies ROOT, etc).
I guess this is considered a fun fact: Sony SDS used to have a partnership with TNT for their basketball game, way back when.

# 80 mynutees @ 03/11/15 07:03 PM
Typical internet forums. Nickpicking the worst things (intro music, terminology used to describe ai logic, players running across the mound, etc..) Instead of thinking about how a video game has embraced the nuances of the game and quite literally made something pretty fantastic. Small things: the ease of shifts, seeing pitch counts, new pitch indicator, dynamic lighting, realistic skin tones, improved stadiums and backgrounds, new hit direction camera, coach challenges, new radio, trade logic, trade finder, etc etc etc

Seriously people. This world of immediate gratification and entitlement is creeping into video games now? How about you load up NHL 15 and realize how god-awful that sports game is, and then come back and play this excellently supported and developed game and remind yourself that you are playing something for fun, not for perfection.

I thought mlb 14 was rushed and it showed. It is VERY clear that they have had more time to work on this game. Is it perfect? Does it simulate being IN the ballpark? No, of course not. Does it look fun? Is there care and love put into the game? Do the developers listen to feedback? YES.

Stop complaining for the sake of complaining. Enjoy it or don't. Voice your opinion if you want. Just know that if you do voice your opinion, you are contributing to being a llama.

/rant

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.