Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

GameSpot has posted a new MLB 15 The Show gameplay video featuring the Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Kansas City Royals. Ramone Russell and Nick Livingston talk about the new features in the game.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ShowTyme15 @ 03/11/15 02:32 PM
Kauffman looks really good.

# 2 Cowboy008 @ 03/11/15 02:40 PM
Is this video available to watch anywhere else? It will only let me watch it in 360p.

# 3 bigwill33 @ 03/11/15 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
Also sorry if mentioned elsewhere but looks as though finally buttons are off the v neck jerseys. I'll actually use them now lol
Are you sure? I still see buttons on the Royals for sure, and that should be a pullover throwback. Hard to tell on the Pirates because it is yellow with yellow buttons, perhaps. And the feed doesn't come in better formatting to get a clearer view.

# 4 HustlinOwl @ 03/11/15 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Is this video available to watch anywhere else? It will only let me watch it in 360p.
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/mlb-1.../2300-6423829/

# 5 Shakedowncapo @ 03/11/15 02:46 PM
At the 12:15 mark, Alverez looks likes hes running into the outfield after the 3rd out. Looks like a bug.

# 6 eaw913 @ 03/11/15 02:48 PM
Can anyone else get better quality than 360p on it?

Thread updated before I posted this lol. I don't like Gamespot..

# 7 ShowTyme15 @ 03/11/15 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
At the 12:15 mark, Alverez looks likes hes running into the outfield after the 3rd out. Looks like a bug.
I was waiting for someone to mention that. The game is still a WIP (Even at the events they attend). Pretty sure that wont be there in the final product.

# 8 WarningTrackPower @ 03/11/15 03:32 PM
Some of the new animations look nice...

I'm hoping that there's more "in-between" animations for corner infielders in next years game. Specifically for those in-between reach and dive scenarios. I saw some hits get through the infield that looked like the play could have been made.

One thing I didn't like though; Easy tag up and score from second base on a fly ball to the warning track in left. The wall suck-in and lackadaisical throw back into the infield... I'll probably throw my controller if that happens against me... into some very soft pillows of course. I think the worst part about it is the fielder didn't look like he was running that fast and the wall suck-in animation seemed almost unnecessary. WIP, I suppose.
(Edit: 25:09 in the video)

Game looks sweet though.

# 9 bigwill33 @ 03/11/15 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
I'm totally not sure, it just looked that way but as mentioned the quality of the video was medicore at best
Yeah, the more I watched the more it seemed like both teams had buttons.

Pretty sure they would have mentioned if there were new models for the jerseys.

# 10 SoxFan01605 @ 03/11/15 05:19 PM
Man...I think that dusk sky was one of the prettiest I've seen in the game so far.

# 11 beau21 @ 03/11/15 07:10 PM
Disappointed that the changes to the Kauffman Stadium Crown Level seats behind home plate weren't picked up from my post in the stadium feedback thread. Not the end of the world, and I'll bring it up again in the feedback thread this year, but still disappointing.

Game looks great though.. That dusk sky? Beautiful.

# 12 Hockeynut99 @ 03/11/15 07:25 PM
I don't know why they get a guy that doesn't play sports video games, to be the interviewer. Game looks smooth and the ball physics look way better than before.

# 13 bcruise @ 03/11/15 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
Either I'm seeing things, or this game has made a significant graphical jump in just a month. Looks incredible.
Possibly, but it's more likely you're seeing the difference in video quality between a twitch stream and full 1080p video. I'd imagine the lighting in particular really pops when you can see it in full resolution.

# 14 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/11/15 08:29 PM
There was an awful lot of jerking, and stuttaring in this video. That has me a little concerned. I remember in 13 you had that stuttar right before the ball reached the plate that made the game unplayable until the patch was released. I hope that doesn't return in 15.

Scracth that, it was my computer.

# 15 seanjeezy @ 03/11/15 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Possibly, but it's more likely you're seeing the difference in video quality between a twitch stream and full 1080p video. I'd imagine the lighting in particular really pops when you can see it in full resolution.
The source option on Twitch is better than 1080p on youtube, there are less artifacts. Twitch defaults to medium though so that's probably what most people are seeing.

# 16 jrivera34 @ 03/11/15 08:59 PM
Double shadows. NO!!

I thought I read somewhere that double shadows were out of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 17 countryboy @ 03/11/15 09:10 PM
Game looks great! The lighting is just Wow!

# 18 Herschie @ 03/11/15 10:14 PM
I told myself that I wouldn't watch any more videos about this game, I'm way too excited about it, this is all I can think about. No, Herschie, you're not watching this video. But I did. Now the excitement is almost unbearable. I can't even play 14 and pretend it's 15, my wife took away my PS4 controller for the day because I had fast food.

Why do I do this to myself?

# 19 Woodweaver @ 03/11/15 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artgamer72
No, it will likely be there at release. It's not some individual bug that can be squashed. It is a collision detection issue.

It has nothing to do with collision detection.

# 20 Nando12 @ 03/11/15 11:07 PM
Switch hitters still have the wrong helmet on in the On Deck cutscene :/

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.