Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Sony San Diego is currently livestreaming MLB 15 The Show on Twitch.TV going over enhanced graphics, environments and more. Make sure you check it out here or click the spoiler button below, to view the embedded stream.

For those of you that miss out, this post will get updated with the archive.

UPDATE: The livestream has completed, click here to view the archive. There are 3 different videos, since it cut out a couple of times.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ShowTyme15 @ 03/11/15 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
Yeah. You guys are right. When back and checked.

A few years ago, I think I remember people asking for them to at least make the "bleachers" the correct color. I'd still love it if, some day, we'll actually get bleacher seats.
IDK if it was last year or the year before, but Ramone explained why bleacher seats aren't in. I want to say it was because of some clipping issues, but I can't say with 100% certainty if that's what he said or not.

# 22 breakfastcat @ 03/11/15 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Yankees
Well hopefully since they are starting a tourney tomorrow i bet we will see more stadiums depending on what teams they use, so far everything looks better than last year, i wonder if instead of putting resources into pictures hanging on a wall in a building out past center field they should of maybe added the media people in the media area next to the dugouts, or add guys that stand behind the camera's they do have in some of the stadiums, or add security down on the field, or camera flashes from the crowd, just my thoughts.
Completely agree. Im all for incredibly detailed stadiums, its one of my favorite things about this game. But when they were showing the inside of that building in Detroit, I couldn't hep but wonder "Why? No one is ever going to see this except right now." And while I don't think its 'one or the other' but I agree with everything you want added. It looks odd having everything in the stadium look perfect to a tee, and then see a completely empty camera well, complete with unoccupied stools.

# 23 CubFan23 @ 03/11/15 04:30 PM
jumped in when they were showing comerica, did they show Wrigley?

# 24 Sco291 @ 03/11/15 04:30 PM
Quote:
Yeah. You guys are right. When back and checked.

A few years ago, I think I remember people asking for them to at least make the "bleachers" the correct color. I know I asked for them to make the "bleachers" at Busch to have red back rests and silver butt parts. I wonder if it is possible to have two colors on each seat. I also asked them to make the metal supports and arm rests at Busch black, but that hasn't happened yet, so maybe it's not possible.

I'd still love it if, some day, we'll actually get bleacher seats.
Right.... just seats. I think it was back in either MLB 11 or 12, I made a remark on here about them being the wrong color and one of the devs responded and changed it last minute to a grayish/silver color.

He explained to me he couldn't make them actual bleachers, so all he could do was change the seats to a silver color. I was totally fine with that and it just looked better staring out at the bleacher/outfield section. Made quite a difference actually.

Just not sure why they were changed back to the wrong color haha.

# 25 ShowTyme15 @ 03/11/15 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
jumped in when they were showing comerica, did they show Wrigley?
No on Wrigley

# 26 RLebron12 @ 03/11/15 04:39 PM
I'm hoping Ramone can come in and confirm this or not. So Yankee stadium is the only place where the flags actually change depending on ranking??

I was really hoping that are AT&T stadium the divisional rankings flags would change depending on standings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 27 bigwill33 @ 03/11/15 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
I'm hoping Ramone can come in and confirm this or not. So Yankee stadium is the only place where the flags actually change depending on ranking??

I was really hoping that are AT&T stadium the divisional rankings flags would change depending on standings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He also hesitated on answering about the standings in the scoreboard in Boston updating. Wondering if he was mistaken or correct in saying that they do update during your season.

# 28 Russell_SCEA @ 03/11/15 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
He also hesitated on answering about the standings in the scoreboard in Boston updating. Wondering if he was mistaken or correct in saying that they do update during your season.
Standings update the rest of the board doesn't.

# 29 The Kid 24 @ 03/11/15 04:42 PM
I must say... Lighting at night in stadiums looks a million times better then that stream in early Feb showing PNC at night.

# 30 eaw913 @ 03/11/15 04:42 PM
They said several times that the scores will update correctly on the Green Monster during season and franchise modes.

# 31 CubFan23 @ 03/11/15 04:52 PM
They change the standings flags in wrigley, they also put the "W" flag up after wins

# 32 sydrogerdavid @ 03/11/15 05:00 PM
One thing that I noticed was when they mentioned that some stadiums, like AT&T Park, have detailed exterior/city renderings for 50 sq miles. Whether that's true or a gross exaggeration, it still makes me jealous about how some stadiums look more complete than others.

I'm sure most of it is just because I go to Busch and they don't, but while other, non-stadium buildings have interiors and concession stands have soda fountains, Busch is missing safety railings (petty, I know), concourse exits in the upper deck, and still has holes at field level where you can see into the void.

On a more positive note, things have gotten A LOT better since 2011. I am very grateful that Ballpark Village looks as good as it does. I noticed, like, three things that aren't spot on. It's almost an exact match.

Unfortunately for the artists, as they continued into showing the Yankee Stadium features, they also showed me how much detail they're willing to put into their stadiums. It's like an invitation to mention all the little things that I never thought could make it into a video game.

Those flags that were shown on top of the frieze at Yankee Stadium, Busch Stadium has those too. Now, I'll have to go figure out what is written on each flag and take note of the colors.

# 33 My993C2 @ 03/11/15 05:12 PM
Of course it's not a show stopper (heck they already have my $$$ on a MLB15 pre-order). But was there any mention in the stream concerning any new fan models that will appear at the games this year? I forget what the numbers were, but when the PS4 game was first announced they said they could include a lot more fan models than the PS3 game could produce. But MLB14's PS4 fan model numbers came up only marginally larger than what the PS3 could produce,

# 34 ShowTyme15 @ 03/11/15 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Of course it's not a show stopper (heck they already have my $$$ on a MLB15 pre-order). But was there any mention in the stream concerning any new fan models that will appear at the games this year? I forget what the numbers were, but when the PS4 game was first announced they said they could include a lot more fan models than the PS3 game could produce. But MLB14's PS4 fan model numbers came up only marginally larger than what the PS3 could produce,
Ramone said it's going to take some time for them to get the full 1,000 models into the game. There was no mention if they have any new fan models for this year. MAybe Ramone or a CD guy can chime in on the subject.

# 35 Turbojugend @ 03/11/15 05:25 PM
Quote:
One thing that I noticed was when they mentioned that some stadiums, like AT&T Park, have detailed exterior/city renderings for 50 sq miles.
Did they mention that about AT&T in particular? The reason I'm asking is I play most of my Show games as the Giants and the exterior (McCovey Cove, etc.) in '14 is a pixelated mess in areas.

# 36 Russell_SCEA @ 03/11/15 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Ramone said it's going to take some time for them to get the full 1,000 models into the game. There was no mention if they have any new fan models for this year. MAybe Ramone or a CD guy can chime in on the subject.
No time this year and we have scanned almost the entire studio. So we have to get people to come in from the street. That takes time and resources which we needed to use in other areas of the game.

# 37 HozAndMoose @ 03/11/15 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
No time this year and we have scanned almost the entire studio. So we have to get people to come in from the street. That takes time and resources which we needed to use in other areas of the game.
Scan the CD guys next year?

# 38 ryanmc564 @ 03/11/15 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA

I don't know what kind or how detail of a face scan you guys use for the crowd but it would be kind of cool if you guys did a thing here on OS to win a opportunity to get your face scan or have people from here submit face scans by taking multiple picture of themselves from different angles. just a thought......

# 39 Jimmydm90 @ 03/11/15 05:41 PM
Sony should scan all of their employees and just make an NPC vault for their first party studios to pick from to fill up crowds in cities and ballparks in their various games.

# 40 Turbojugend @ 03/11/15 05:43 PM
I'm in LA and I'll drive 90 miles on my own dime to get my face scanned into the crowd.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.