Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Sony San Diego is currently livestreaming MLB 15 The Show on Twitch.TV. The developers will be playing a tournament all day long, so you will get plenty of gameplay and more details about the game.

Make sure you check it out here or click the spoiler button below, to view the embedded stream.

For those of you that miss out, this post will get updated with the archive.

UPDATE: The livestream has completed. Here is a link to the archive, it starts at roughly the 2:11 mark.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 181 HealyMonster @ 03/16/15 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
It took George Clooney 50 year to reach graphical maturity.
What no love for "ER Era" George Clooney?

# 182 actionhank @ 03/16/15 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
Looks close to me here too.
I played the Athletics in the World Series with my Brewers...and for the longest time in MLB 13, i thought that was a massive indoor stadium. I was so confused by those big roofs in the outfield.

# 183 Factzzz @ 03/16/15 12:55 PM
Btw, there was talk of throws to 3rd base not being able to be cut off.

But in the video i saw the option to cutoff throws to 3rd at least twice, so it looks like you can.

# 184 Hockeynut99 @ 03/16/15 03:48 PM
Fact of life!! Ace was not damn bad looking!

# 185 Hockeynut99 @ 03/16/15 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I played the Athletics in the World Series with my Brewers...and for the longest time in MLB 13, i thought that was a massive indoor stadium. I was so confused by those big roofs in the outfield.
That is Mt Davis built by Al Davis the owner of the raiders. Thought Those would sell out but never did. The old A's staduim was a beautiful park.

# 186 seanjeezy @ 03/16/15 04:10 PM
What's going on with pitch edits? I was about to start updating them but I guess that will be on hold for now.

# 187 thaSLAB @ 03/16/15 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
That is Mt Davis built by Al Davis the owner of the raiders. Thought Those would sell out but never did. The old A's staduim was a beautiful park.
I agree, wholeheartedly.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 188 geisterhome @ 03/16/15 04:49 PM
I'm still at the beginning of that 7 hour marathon but I already hope that lumbersexual will make it far in the tournament.

# 189 geisterhome @ 03/16/15 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I agree, wholeheartedly.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk
Good that You agree. I find the current A's stadium very unique in baseball nowadays.

# 190 dazzelle @ 03/16/15 11:13 PM
Slowly working my way through the stream.

Made me realize how much i miss playing sports games(games in general tbh) with friends/my brother on the couch.Just don't have many friends who play games let alone sports games anymore and would want to play games when we do meet up.

Was good to hear they want to get better stat tracking in the game.drooling at the thought if they could get player cards/stat tracking like nba2k into the show.Then i could see a real use for y2y saves in franchise.

# 191 jaydaddy03 @ 03/17/15 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
Definately agree with your observations.

I study the stadiums a lot (especially places like the coliseum) and it is clear as day they are still using textures and assets from the Ps3 build.

the lighting this year has made a huge difference and the game looks better than ever but I agree with the phrase "polishing a turd" somewhat. Wish there was a better phrase as the show is certainly not a turd!
2 things I wish they had were numerous signs in Left and right field and the Bill King Booth

# 192 Cowboy008 @ 03/18/15 11:01 AM
I'm watching the live stream again the past few days and was just wondering about directional hitting. It sounds cool and all but will it be too easy? Just asking since everyone that used directional hitting during the stream seemed to be getting a lot of hits.

# 193 Dolenz @ 03/18/15 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I'm watching the live stream again the past few days and was just wondering about directional hitting. It sounds cool and all but will it be too easy? Just asking since everyone that used directional hitting during the stream seemed to be getting a lot of hits.
Here is what I think I noticed especially watching the last game. Nick greatly outhit Kirby (Kirby was using directional) but Kirby seemed to get more solid contact on his hits. So I wonder if someone who is really good at zone hitting has a greater influence over what happens during an at bat than someone using Directional. I plan to try a few games of directional hitting and see how it goes. I normally use zone.

# 194 HustlinOwl @ 03/18/15 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
Here is what I think I noticed especially watching the last game. Nick greatly outhit Kirby (Kirby was using directional) but Kirby seemed to get more solid contact on his hits. So I wonder if someone who is really good at zone hitting has a greater influence over what happens during an at bat than someone using Directional. I plan to try a few games of directional hitting and see how it goes. I normally use zone.
IMO, zone will always perform better as it depends more on user skill and not weighed as heavily on player ratings with PCI placement

# 195 aukevin @ 03/18/15 11:44 AM
I'm not sure how easily I could change from Zone to Directional. I've been playing Zone forever and I think it would be pretty hard for me to try to not hit the ball where it is going rather than pointing in the direction I want the ball to go. Also pretty sure I would be be aiming up for the fences all the time with directional instead of just trying to make good contact. Just don't see me using directional hitting.

# 196 nemesis04 @ 03/18/15 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I'm not sure how easily I could change from Zone to Directional. I've been playing Zone forever and I think it would be pretty hard for me to try to not hit the ball where it is going rather than pointing in the direction I want the ball to go. Also pretty sure I would be be aiming up for the fences all the time with directional instead of just trying to make good contact. Just don't see me using directional hitting.
I use zone and at the event my biggest challenge was to try to stay the course for the type of hit I wanted to produce. I kept wanting to move the left stick to where the ball was in the strike zone. It takes some getting used to if you are strictly a zone player.

# 197 aukevin @ 03/18/15 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I use zone and at the event my biggest challenge was to try to stay the course for the type of hit I wanted to produce. I kept wanting to move the left stick to where the ball was in the strike zone. It takes some getting used to if you are strictly a zone player.
yeah, that's what I'm thinking. How well do you think it produced the result you wanted? Like if you wanted to hit a ball in the air to right field (up and to the right I suppose), did you think you got that result most of the time? Or did you see results that were totally different, like a grounder to 3rd base when you wanted right field? I imagine a lot of it has to do with the pitch and your timing, but when those two things are good, did you get the result you wanted the majority of the time?

# 198 nemesis04 @ 03/18/15 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
yeah, that's what I'm thinking. How well do you think it produced the result you wanted? Like if you wanted to hit a ball in the air to right field (up and to the right I suppose), did you think you got that result most of the time? Or did you see results that were totally different, like a grounder to 3rd base when you wanted right field? I imagine a lot of it has to do with the pitch and your timing, but when those two things are good, did you get the result you wanted the majority of the time?
What I did like about the system is it not being a total overriding force. Timing, pitch type, location player attributes have input on the result. It did feel satisfying when the different factors lined up getting your desired result. I also found that you can over compensate using this system by pulling balls foul where normally they would be fair. A lot of that depends on the hitter's push/pull tendencies.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.