Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Sony San Diego is currently livestreaming MLB 15 The Show on Twitch.TV. The developers will be playing a tournament all day long, so you will get plenty of gameplay and more details about the game.

Make sure you check it out here or click the spoiler button below, to view the embedded stream.

For those of you that miss out, this post will get updated with the archive.

UPDATE: The livestream has completed. Here is a link to the archive, it starts at roughly the 2:11 mark.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Hockeynut99 @ 03/12/15 10:39 PM
The ball physics are so much better this year and the player models look a lot better too with all the shadowing and the heavy set people look better too.

# 62 jaydaddy03 @ 03/12/15 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
For those who missed it. Ramone and Lorne confirmed at the 05:11 mark that the cleats have been unlocked for the Dodgers, A's, Blue Jays, Royals, Cubs, Cardinals, and Phillies.
Not sure what that means but As players should be locked to white cleats

# 63 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/12/15 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
what a game!!!!! Nick and Kirby Sox and Giants.

Why I love baseball. You never run out of time, you run out of opportunities!
You never run out of time for now. The way Manfred is going we will have a game clock before it's over.

# 64 ShowTyme15 @ 03/12/15 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydaddy03
Not sure what that means but As players should be locked to white cleats
No, that's not what it means. Certain parts of the cleats were locked last year that should NOT have been locked. Now the cleat is fully customizable this year.

# 65 Hockeynut99 @ 03/12/15 10:44 PM
Do the A's still have the rule that said the cleats have to be white?

# 66 ShowTyme15 @ 03/12/15 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
The main body color has to be white. Accents, trim, laces, heel, logos, etc.....can be whatever color the player wants.

EXAMPLE
Spoiler

# 67 Spokker @ 03/12/15 10:47 PM
The first thing I noticed is, and this is just my perception on 20 minutes of watching and I could be 100% wrong, there are better animations for catching flyballs in the outfield.

In 14 it seems like every time the outfielder makes a running catch moving toward the outfield wall, they make a backwards catch without really looking. In the new gameplay that I'm seeing, they re-orientate themselves quickly before making the catch.

The dirt looks really good too. I'm going to fire up 14 while watching the stream though.

# 68 jaydaddy03 @ 03/12/15 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
Yes as far as I'm aware

# 69 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/12/15 10:50 PM
Dissapointed that when you use solid white Nike gloves that it doesnt appear there is an option to make just the logo black or a team color. The Logo isn't visible because the Nike logo on all the gloves is the color of the secondary color on the gloves, or white, and it looks like generic solid white gloves from last year. It sucks because nearly every Yankees player wears solid white Nike gloves. It isn't major though, and I can live with it.

# 70 ShowTyme15 @ 03/12/15 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Dissapointed that when you use solid white Nike gloves that it doesnt appear there is an option to make just the logo black or a team color. The Logo isn't visible because the Nike logo on all the gloves is the color of the secondary color on the gloves, or white, and it looks like generic solid white gloves from last year. It sucks because nearly every Yankees player wears solid white Nike gloves. It isn't major though, and I can live with it.
My guess is the logo is going to be tied to either the wrist color, knuckle color, or leather color since it doesn't have it's own option in the editor unfortunately. Maybe next year they can adjust that and add logo color to the gloves in the editor.

Spoiler

# 71 jaydaddy03 @ 03/12/15 11:01 PM
Quote:
The main body color has to be white. Accents, trim, laces, heel, logos, etc.....can be whatever color the player wants.

EXAMPLE
Spoiler
I believe spikes gotta be white too. In any case, glad they got new scoreboards and drums, let's go Oakland chants, etc

# 72 Dolenz @ 03/12/15 11:09 PM
I know they say that the batting modes are balanced and Nick did outhit Kirby by a pretty big margin but I still have to believe that Directional Hitting (timing) is the easier batting mode.

# 73 bigwill33 @ 03/12/15 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I thought they fixed this issue?
They had said that they did and I hadn't noticed it nearly as much in the other feeds, but today I saw 3 or 4 instances in just a game or 2. The worst was Russell Martin jumping out from behind the plate in the Jays/O's game and being 1/4th down the baseline before the runner even was. It was so noticeable and accented by the announcer going into the comment about how it was almost impossible that he did such actions.

# 74 The Kid 24 @ 03/12/15 11:50 PM
Quote:
For those who missed it. Ramone and Lorne confirmed at the 05:11 mark that the cleats have been unlocked for the Dodgers, A's, Blue Jays, Royals, Cubs, Cardinals, and Phillies.
Anything brought up about cap brims? I know, I know I asked this before... Just curious on definite answer.

# 75 rkocjay @ 03/12/15 11:52 PM
Cant wait to 3/31 going to pre order tomorrow

# 76 ShowTyme15 @ 03/12/15 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Anything brought up about cap brims? I know, I know I asked this before... Just curious on definite answer.
Not that I recall my man. Like SLAB mentioned before, unless SCEA surprises us it probably wont return until 16.

# 77 VinceJulien14 @ 03/13/15 12:10 AM
the archive just shows up as an error every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 78 bcruise @ 03/13/15 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceJulien14
the archive just shows up as an error every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Having just fired it up after getting home from work, it works fine for me. Here's the link again, although it's on the first page.

http://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio/b/635993244

Also, since this video is so long one note about Twitch's archive policies needs to be known here. Twitch deletes all archived videos after 10 days, and the only way to preserve it is for the broadcaster to make it into a highlight. From what I can tell they haven't done that with any other stream so I don't expect it here. That means if you plan on watching it in parts (it is almost 8 hours long after all) just try to keep that 10 days in mind.

Of course, that will be irrelevant once somebody (probably Hoz) uploads it to Youtube.

# 79 The Kid 24 @ 03/13/15 12:21 AM
Quote:
Not that I recall my man. Like SLAB mentioned before, unless SCEA surprises us it probably wont return until 16.
Ok ur probably right... Guess we'll find out.

# 80 ajblithe20 @ 03/13/15 12:23 AM
I caught the first two games before work, and now I'm watching the Mariners Brewers one.

The lighting and the equipment are just eye popping. Lighting is obviously huge and makes a difference. The equipment is a much bigger addition than I expected it to be. Not only does it make the game more realistic, but some of the accessories (shoes in particular) just look really cool. Khris Davis are awesome to look at

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.