Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 patch #4 has been released for PlayStation 4 and PC users. It is not available yet for Xbox One users. The patch primarily addresses the shoe issues in the game, more specifically in MyCAREER mode. You can see the workaround here.

After you download it, let us know what you are seeing. Once 2K releases the patch notes, we will update this post.

UPDATE: (via @Ronnie2K) Another thing addressed last night was fix to deal w/ rare occurrences that led to NBA 2K15 MyPARK rep being stuck. Should no longer happen.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 561 Caelumfang @ 04/01/15 12:54 PM
The more I play Rec, the more I realize a flaw that has been overlooked. It's not the midrange shot that everyone cries about, as I'm quite adept at making people miss. I mean, some contested jumpers drop, but that's basketball, and it's not really at a high level of you know how to read your opponent and contest him.

It's the jumpshot in the close range that tends to fall too much for my liking. Seriously, how many times have you ran in to lay it up or dunk, get cut off by 1-2 people and it turns into a jump shot, but it falls anyway, no matter the release, grade, or traffic?

# 562 DJ @ 04/01/15 06:40 PM
Held the Nuggets to 40% shooting in my Hornets MyLeague game the other night. So, it is possible to keep the CPU percentages in check.

# 563 Cycloniac @ 04/01/15 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Held the Nuggets to 40% shooting in my Hornets MyLeague game the other night. So, it is possible to keep the CPU percentages in check.
It's possible.

After lowering the shooting sliders a good amount, I'm getting good results again.

# 564 DJ @ 04/01/15 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
It's possible.

After lowering the shooting sliders a good amount, I'm getting good results again.
I haven't touched sliders ... yet. Playing All-Star/Simulation (12-min. quarters). Might have to adjust the HUM shooting sliders as my numbers have been a little high since the patch was released, but I feel like I need to play a couple more games against high-level teams (have the Spurs and Grizzlies up next) before I worry about the sliders.

# 565 TBBF @ 04/01/15 09:28 PM
I wish they'd actually fix mygm, the progression is broken. How is it realistic that almost all Celtics have A or A+ potential? It's the same with every franchise, makes it far too easy. You can pretty much make anyone a title contender in a year because the players go up to the late 80s, including the Knicks (who are god awful)

# 566 Smallville102001 @ 04/01/15 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBBF
I wish they'd actually fix mygm, the progression is broken. How is it realistic that almost all Celtics have A or A+ potential? It's the same with every franchise, makes it far too easy. You can pretty much make anyone a title contender in a year because the players go up to the late 80s, including the Knicks (who are god awful)

Progression is not broken the patch fixed it big big time but you have to start the mode over with the patch. If you continue with one you started before the patch it doesn't work.

# 567 TBBF @ 04/02/15 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Progression is not broken the patch fixed it big big time but you have to start the mode over with the patch. If you continue with one you started before the patch it doesn't work.
The patch did nothing to fix it, start a mygm with any team and everyone will have A or B potential and go up like crazy.

# 568 thedream2k13 @ 04/02/15 09:31 AM
Quote:
The patch did nothing to fix it, start a mygm with any team and everyone will have A or B potential and go up like crazy.
Its the regression that was fixed

# 569 rymflaherty @ 04/02/15 03:16 PM
Really bummed right now.
I had been playing a Franchise using Armor & Swords slider set, and I was having the most fun, possibly ever, with a basketball game.

I just tried the post-patch tweeks in that thread, and even with slider changes this game plays completely different than before. As I said, really bummed to have a game I loved turn into something I don't want to play, and bummed considering how much time I had already sunk into the game...Wish there was some way to go back to the patch #3 version (unless I;m missing something and there actually is).

# 570 Smallville102001 @ 04/02/15 10:38 PM
Quote:

I thought you where talking about the regression thing of like ever player at 28 getting wore and like ever player 30 going down by like 3-6 points that has been greatly improved.

# 571 jackzagal @ 04/04/15 07:11 AM
After playing for some weeks, I can say I like the patch, overall. I only play MyCareer, so my experience is limited. The gameplay looks smoother, and it's nice to see more green releases, especially if you have a 80+ rating in shooting. Before, you couldn't make open shots in a regular basis, but now most of them will go in. It may look "cheesy", but I think it's better than bricking a lot of wide-open shots. Yes, the FG % have gone up, but it happens across the board, not just one side, which make it fair. It might be a good idea to reduce it a bit to avoid more complains, but I think it was worse when a lot of shot releases were "glitched" and you didn't even know which one to use to have a solid performance on jump shots.

# 572 DJ @ 04/06/15 12:37 PM
After playing a few more games in MyLeague, it's clear I'm going to have to adjust the shooting sliders. Both my team (Hornets) and whoever the CPU throws out there are easily shooting over 50% for the game, and that number has been crawling closer to 60%.

Looks like I'll also start another MyLeague with the latest roster update that at least tones down the mid-range and 3-pt. shot success.

I think changing the percentages was a good thought, but the values were inflated too much.

# 573 Rubio809 @ 04/06/15 02:37 PM
Why o why did I download patch 4,

O why o why did I?

# 574 JRxPHANTOM @ 04/06/15 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
Why o why did I download patch 4,

O why o why did I?
I feel the same way. Waiting on a patch 5.

# 575 Jrocc23 @ 04/07/15 03:39 AM
Me too. But I had to in order to play MC smh.

# 576 Kurupt_XxX @ 04/07/15 05:49 AM
plz fix the shooting cheese in rec, too much zig zag being rewarded

# 577 myathebee @ 04/07/15 01:07 PM
Thank god I am playing this on PC...I can pick and choose whatever patch I want to use.

I tried patch #4 and god is it terrible..I love that the stupid strafing animation is gone when driving to the basket but they completely broke jumpshooting..It's hilariously easy to make three pointers...From anywhere..I'm talking almost full court three's. Getting a perfect release is now waaaaaaaaaaaay too easy.

# 578 Raider131 @ 04/07/15 05:49 PM
I have played two playoff games against the Cavs in Mycareer 1 on HOF 1 on Superstar, They have shot 60% in all but 2 quarters which they shot 57% and 49% both in the second game. So far Kyrie is 20 of 31(65%), Kevin Love 13 of 21(62%), J.R 10 of 15(67%), Moz 12 of 20(60%), TT 6 of 9(66%), James Jones 4 of 7(57%). I will gladly go back to clanking wide open shots if they can lower the %'s again cause this is just horribly frustrating.

# 579 jrose57 @ 04/07/15 09:33 PM
Even after roster update? No way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by myathebee
Thank god I am playing this on PC...I can pick and choose whatever patch I want to use.

I tried patch #4 and god is it terrible..I love that the stupid strafing animation is gone when driving to the basket but they completely broke jumpshooting..It's hilariously easy to make three pointers...From anywhere..I'm talking almost full court three's. Getting a perfect release is now waaaaaaaaaaaay too easy.

# 580 zrohman @ 04/07/15 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Even after roster update? No way...

That's got to be a lie. I mean come on. Post patch I shoot between 40 and 55% on default settings, not sim. I can only get greens when wide open. Maybe 3 a game, and your claiming your making tons of half court shots.... What a joke.

Those posts are the reason why they ruin the game. Big exaggerations make them overcompensate

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.