Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

With EA Sports and Tiger Woods mutually parting ways, back in October 2013, Rory McIlroy becomes the new face in EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR, first reported by Polygon. Check out the trailer here and some new screenshots here.

EA Sports has posted some more details on their official EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR website, as well as a few features. By pre-ordering the game, you will receive TPC Scottsdale as a bonus.

Welcome to the Next Generation of Golf
Break free from what you think a golf game can be. Frostbite creates a new world, where you experience every detail – breathing life into the courses, players and crowds in ways you’ve never seen before. All this, with no load times between holes or interruptions in the action. Allowing you to enjoy your game the way you want.

Golf Reimagined
You’re one button away from everything in the game. Do it all, see it all – seamlessly without waiting. Immerse yourself in the world’s most beautiful courses – with new commentary from two of golf's most insightful broadcasters – Frank Nobilo and Rich Lerner.

Be a PGA TOUR Pro
Your golfer – made your way. Tense realistic scenarios, placing you in the heat of the moment. Play golf’s biggest tournaments as you progress and build your own PGA TOUR legacy.

Take on the World
For the love of competition. Play in weekly, daily or hourly tournaments and climb the leaderboard to prove you are master of the links.

Golf.Evolved
Connect with the emotion of hitting the perfect shot and golf your way with three unique swing mechanics and fully customizable gameplay styles.

Golf with Personality
Take a break from the expected and enter "The Night Club" to play over 170 unique challenges, equipped with over-the-top gameplay boosts. Take a step off the traditional cart path and compete with big personalities on even BIGGER Fantasy Courses.

Quote:
EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR sounds better than any golf game before it, thanks to all-new commentary from Frank Nobilo and Rich Lerner of Golf Channel. Frank and Rich will bring both playful banter and historical references to the broadcast booth, just like fans hear on tour.

Outdoor environments are Frostbite 3’s specialty, making it the perfect fit for golf. The power of the engine allows us to include the little things to create denser environments. From pinecones to butterflies – the game feels more alive than ever before. Thanks to Frostbite 3, the traditional (and infamous) 30-seconds-per-hole load times are gone, and entire courses now load at once. Trade-in time saved (est. 10–15 minutes per 18-hole round) to cut full rounds in half.

Wolf Creek and TPC Sawgrass have been revealed, with more courses expected to be shown in the near future. The team also plans to release the entire roster in the coming weeks as well.

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Chairman7w @ 03/21/15 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I wouldn't go that far has tiger woods 11 was great!

I actually really liked TW14 a ton. I thought it was a great game.

But The Golf Club is my new all-time favorite golf game. A real Home Run, a Hole-in-One, and a Touchdown all wrapped up in a video game.

# 62 Smallville102001 @ 03/21/15 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
I actually really liked TW14 a ton. I thought it was a great game.

But The Golf Club is my new all-time favorite golf game. A real Home Run, a Hole-in-One, and a Touchdown all wrapped up in a video game.

mmm while TW 11 was the last one I had and I just don't know about golf club because I don't know what the controls are like compared to tiger.

# 63 dallas0112 @ 03/22/15 09:04 PM
IMO golf club is incredible and still getting better, controls are simple, nothing crazy, it's all up to the course designer, on how difficult or easy the game plays.

# 64 jbd345 @ 03/24/15 05:49 PM
They posted a sample on the presentation page of the commentary and it sounds fantastic.

# 65 Ruffy @ 03/29/15 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Tiger's gotta be pissed.
I doubt it.

# 66 Ruffy @ 03/29/15 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richzilla
I'm happy to have real courses to play on. Wish the golf club had some.

I'm going to pre order to get the free course....what's the risk really....If it stinks it's 50 bucks....not like it's a major purchase here...It's slightly more than a tank of gas....the way some people carry on you would think they charge 10 grand for it.
The Gold Club has plenty of users making real course layouts and they are quite good.

# 67 Ruffy @ 03/29/15 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I don't think you read a word I wrote because I literally said exactly that several times.
Why so combative? He makes a good point here...buy if you want or don't buy.

Simple.

# 68 Ruffy @ 03/29/15 01:33 PM
People will support this game because of the PGA tour association and for the courses they know. Which is fairly sad in my opinion if you are looking for a more sim like golf experience.

The Golf Club has unlimited re-playabaility with the create a course and with the update and $10 DLC coming they are added some other mode options as well. The only think it lacks is a TV style presentation and association with real courses and the PGA Tour. This game isn't trying for that experience so i don't see them going to a tv broadcast style presentation. The costs for getting real courses and PGA Tour licensing isn't an option for them either.

This game will get more support than it deserves and will likely disappoint anyone not looking for an arcade like golf game.....which I always like Hot Shots Golf better for that experience (it sill played fairly realistic ball striking wise, I would think a PS4 version would be in the works).

If you are a big golf guy and don't give The Golf Club a good look it's a shame. I think its the best golf game I have ever played on a console.

I'll be passing on this game for sure.

# 69 kehlis @ 03/29/15 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
Why so combative? He makes a good point here...buy if you want or don't buy.

Simple.
I think you follow me around just to accuse me of being combative.

Again, here were quotes from my post:

Quote:
Completely agree, I actually don't have a problem with them selling DLC as it's my choice to decide if I want to pay for other courses or not (which I never have).
Quote:
I'm not against DLC in general since it's my choice, but I never felt the base mode really had enough to justify charging extra for courses.
I wasn't combative. I was pointing out that I literally don't think he read my post since I said that several times yet his response to me was "if you don't want to buy it you don't have to." I'm not sure you read my posts either because my point seems to have been missed by you as well.

# 70 Ruffy @ 03/29/15 02:12 PM
I read just fine. As for following you around you have over 17,000 posts you likely appear in every thread with that many.

I just find it you seem to be looking for confrontations in the majority of your responses. The last guy was being funny and sarcastic and boom...banhammer. If I'm next so be it (seems harsh though).

If that isn't your intention I'm sorry but it comes off that way.

As you can see I am posting in things I like and I read the entire thread.

Back to the thread.

To the fella asking about the controls of The Golf Club compared to this game. Both use the right stick to swing. The Golf Club doesn't employ buttons to be able to spin the ball etc. It uses an interface where you can set your feet and club to induce low or high shots....draws and fades.....I suck at this part of the game but it is very realistic and usable if you take the time to familiarize and practice with it.

# 71 goillini03 @ 03/29/15 08:49 PM
Played The Golf Club but could not get into it like others were able to do so. I hit the same shot every time it seemed. Never really pulled or pushed the ball and always had 100% power. Not to mention that the graphics on X1 are really sub par. I like how the EA games have golfers with different abilities. This gives me a bunch of different ways to play each course. The biggest plus for the golf club is all of the courses, but I always feel like the EA games have plenty of courses. Just my $.02. Looking forward to this EA title.

# 72 Taku @ 03/30/15 04:17 AM
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 with Sim settings is way better than The Golf Club. It's not even close. The diagonal swing and the full analog hit meter made the game challenging.

For me The Golf Club = Hit every Fairway, hit every green and putting sucks. Also no single player modes whatsoever, I want to be on PGA Tour.

I really hope they kept the Sim settings from TW14 in this game...

# 73 jb12780 @ 03/30/15 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Is the Golf Club really that easy? All I ever hear is every one rave about it. Its great that you have all these courses but if the gameplay is that dull then it must get boring pretty fast. It sounds more like the Little Big Planet of golf games.
TGC is not easy.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

# 74 jb12780 @ 03/30/15 08:49 AM
Quote:
Depends on what we classify as easy. You can tigerproof a created course and make ridiculously sloped greens and 3 feet wide fairways and then I'm sure it will be difficult. I was thinking of getting this game but if every shot you hit is straight as an arrow then to me that's dull.
If you take all of the aids off it is quite difficult and very sim.

Back to the EA game, I've got a good feeling about this one.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

# 75 donkey33 @ 03/30/15 07:02 PM
I grabbed Tiger 14 again and playing it on the toughest level with no guides at all. Really enjoying it.

If this can at least keep those features for those who want a tough challenge, I'll pick it up no worries.

# 76 Ruffy @ 03/30/15 10:06 PM
Glad some of you guys have enjoyed Tiger Woods but I really can't see how the Golf Club is easy at all.

I have rounds ranging from -11 on easy courses where I'm hitting those soft greens to games of 10 over par or worse.

My average score is over par. The putting and chipping is all feel and challenging. Even hitting a 85-95% wedge is difficult to master.

Until this one comes out we won't know but usually TW goes too far towards the arcade side for my liking.

# 77 ManiacMatt1782 @ 03/31/15 05:52 PM
Quote:
Is the Golf Club really that easy? All I ever hear is every one rave about it. Its great that you have all these courses but if the gameplay is that dull then it must get boring pretty fast. It sounds more like the Little Big Planet of golf games.
It depends on the course. If you play the easy HB studios made courses like Little Brook, You could shoot 12 under without breaking a sweat. If you take 5 minutes resch a couple sights where the users make some quaity realistic courses, as well as some real recreated courses, it won't be as easy. TPC Sawgrass was significantly tougher on the golf club than it was on Tiger woods.

# 78 Hellisan @ 08/16/15 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Eh not sure how I feel about this. Was hopeig they'd go back and keep at 'pga tour'
Stupid to throw another player on the cover, one that isn't particularly appealing at least to me. Their marketing must be telling them they have to have a face on that cover.

# 79 DickDalewood @ 08/17/15 07:52 AM
I would rather see EA drop a PGA player from the title and just go with something like "PGA Tour Golf" or "EA PGA Tour".

Other titles don't name themselves after a recently successful team or player. We don't see Patriots Football 16, or Messi Soccer 16, or St. Louis Cardinal Baseball 16.

Tiger Woods was a celebrity unlike any the sport has seen, and for a brief period, naming the series after him made sense. That's over now. It was the exception, EA shouldn't try to make it the norm.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.