Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Sony Computer Entertainment America has scheduled the MLB 14 The Show online servers to close on June 18, 2015 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita systems. The game was released just over a year ago for PlayStation 4 users on May 6, 2014, while it released on April 1, 2014 for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita users.

For those of you that are curious, SCEA terminated the MLB 13 The Show servers on November 6, 2014.

MLB 15 The Show is scheduled to release on March 31st.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 cardinalbird5 @ 03/24/15 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
I seriously doubt 330,000 were play in an online multi player game. Those numbers maybe people playing the game while connected.

This the first year that we get to see what happens to many features when the severs get shut down. Not just online play.

Yes they have always shut down the servers when the new game comes out. But the new game has never improved because of it. Fact for me the old game played better when the new game came out because of less people online.

When they shut off the servers for 14,15,etc. I suppose people will realize what is going on.

The cloud is the servers, if you can't connect, there is no cloud.
There's 330,000 plus....I checked leaderboards. That doesn't include homerun Derby, online chise or diamond dynasty.

# 82 saturn2187 @ 03/30/15 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
With all due respect, I think you're grasping for straws. People that want to have the online servers for MLB 13 and 14 are in the minority and it's too expensive to keep those servers up and running for a mere handful of people when the majority will be playing MLB 15.

It's just bad business to keep those servers up. They aren't making money. Why would they???

Also, there is nothing stopping you from taking your online franchise save or whatever you have, upload it to the cloud since you have a PS3, and then download it back down into MLB 15. It's not that hard to do.

I really think people are just complaining to complain with this one.

Actually this cannot be done.

# 83 HozAndMoose @ 04/08/15 01:44 AM
Pretty sure they already said the servers would stay up longer. So why does it matter anymore?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.