Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

MLB 15 The Show in-store demos are coming to participating Best Buy locations on March 28th, from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM. To find out if the Best Buy near you will be hosting the event, click here.

UPDATE: The game is at participating stores, but they are only showing off the home run derby.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 countryboy @ 03/22/15 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Good luck to all the guys going to Best Buy on the 28th.

Meanwhile the full game will be in my PS4 here in the UK on the 27th...not that i wish to make anyone jealous

# 22 coachpars @ 03/22/15 08:44 PM
I work at St.Joesphs college over in Patchogue so you might see me there nem...

# 23 countryboy @ 03/22/15 08:47 PM
Going to be at St.Matthews location in Louisville. Anyone near the area going to attend?

We can do an OS take over of the demo.

# 24 decga @ 03/23/15 12:25 AM
I am in Ga. I am on the the east side of Turner Field. 30-45 mins from the Mall of Ga. I would attend if it was on one of my off days. Geez, the 31st at that point will be around the corner.

Hopefully the Show pick up some new followers from it.....

# 25 Shakedowncapo @ 03/23/15 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Normally I'd agree but if it was coming to the BB 10 mins from me I would love to see the new lighting in person.

But I'm not driving to Philly to see it lol.
My luck, they'll stick it on some uncalibrated hdtv with the settings all screwed up. Basically what im saying is...my TV is gonna see it first!

# 26 kehlis @ 03/23/15 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
I have a question,why doesn't the Show ever have a demo you can play at home like all the other sports games?
They don't need it.

And you may want to double check how many other sports games do demos still.....

# 27 Flightwhite24 @ 03/23/15 09:14 AM
Was gonna go check it out over in Newport News, Va but plans have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 28 KennyJ1976 @ 03/23/15 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Dang, none in Bama and the Mall of Georgia in Gwinnett is 150 miles away
Where bout in Alabama do you live? Mobile has one. Plus this is what happens when sports games no longer have competition. Developers get lazy and see no need to give the gamers a proper demo a week or two before release. Yet, we have to leave the comfort of our homes and go to Best Buy just to play a demo. I think I'll pass.

# 29 KennyJ1976 @ 03/23/15 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
Where bout in Alabama do you live? Mobile has one. Plus this is what happens when sports games no longer have competition. Developers get lazy and see no need to give the gamers a proper demo a week or two before release. Yet, we have to leave the comfort of our homes and go to Best Buy just to play a demo. I think I'll pass.
Nevermind, I see it now. No demo at the Best Buys in Alabama. Still wouldn't go if they did have one.

# 30 Cowboy008 @ 03/23/15 11:49 AM
Quote:
For them to make a demo it takes away time that can be spent on the actual game. I'm pretty sure the game that's going to be at Best Buy is the final game and not just a demo.

# 31 Ghost Of The Year @ 03/23/15 06:06 PM
Quote:

Nevermind, I see it now. No demo at the Best Buys in Alabama. Still wouldn't go if they did have one.
Not far from Talladega, My best bet was mall of Ga. Ah, well.

# 32 countryboy @ 03/23/15 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
I have a question,why doesn't the Show ever have a demo you can play at home like all the other sports games?
A lot of sports games don't do demos anymore. I don't believe Madden 15 had a demo and NBA 2k15 didn't have a demo.

# 33 briguy4747 @ 03/23/15 07:37 PM
How about us Canadians up here, eh ?
I wonder if my local Best Buy in the Vancouver area will have the same demo on March 28
Me kinda doubts it !

# 34 ShowTyme15 @ 03/28/15 12:33 PM
Anyone headed to their local Best Buy today?

# 35 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/28/15 12:35 PM
Still debating if I want to drive an hour and 15.

# 36 Herschie @ 03/28/15 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Anyone headed to their local Best Buy today?
Yep. I'm not sure how crowded it's going to be, but I do want to see it.

# 37 nemesis04 @ 03/28/15 12:39 PM
I am, I need a little Show fix and feel like taking some punk kids to school. I'll play the clueless card at first!

# 38 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/28/15 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I am, I need a little Show fix and feel like taking some punk kids to school. I'll play the clueless card at first!
You might get there and get pounded

# 39 nemesis04 @ 03/28/15 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
You might get there and get pounded
Very doubtful!

# 40 Steve_OS @ 03/28/15 02:32 PM
Just ran into my local Best Buy and they had it. They only allow you to play the home run derby.

Cool story tho...

I was browsing around the PlayStation section and didn't see the game displayed anywhere. So I kept looking and looking. Then I heard some guy talking about it to a Best Buy employee, who seemed lost. When I came around the corner, I noticed the customer was reading the post on OS, asking the Best Buy employee to look into it.

After the employee seemed to give him the run around, I kept browsing and about 5 minutes later, the employee came out and said he would ask a manager about it.

I was just lurking in the background, listening to the conversation and when he went to ask the manager, I chatted with the customer and told him who I was, which site I work for, etc. He was shocked, it was a pretty cool feeling actually. This has never happened before LOL. I've searched for OS t-shirts in malls and crowded areas, but this guy had OS loaded on his phone, talking to a Best Buy rep. I had to say something, my daughter was forcing me to as well, LOL.

Anyways, it was cool. The Best Buy rep came back and mentioned the game was available in another area in the store. So we headed back there and we played. Like I mentioned earlier, it was just home run derby, so there isn't much to talk about. The graphics looked great and there were no herky-jerky animations to be seen, everything was fluid.

Just wanted to share my experience w/ you guys, haha.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.