Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Another GameStop MLB Monday has arrived. Check out the latest MLB 15 The Show video, showing off the graphical and stadium improvements in the game.

If you missed it, click here to watch the first video focusing on the new digital economy system, their exclusive pre-order bonus and more.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 spidertour02 @ 03/23/15 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Yeah, read something today about one owner on Sheffield that owns 3 buildings is the only one who is actually suing, and they are in court today. Cubs are asking to dismiss based on several factors. "Experts" agree the Cubs will most likely win any lawsuits that are allowed to go forward, should the judge not dismiss.
Hmm. The question is, since the boards are already designed for the game, will they be patched in, or is that too much of an alteration to make it into this year's game?

# 22 MrOldboy @ 03/23/15 06:28 PM
The Wrigley issues are disappointing, but understandable. If there was any legal pressure easier to just remove them both. In the end though Wrigley will likely end up being the worst represented stadium in the game in terms of comparison to real life. A similar addition didn't make it into the game a few years back and I enjoyed the game just fine, although I'll admit that two huge video boards are sort of another level. I know why it can't happen after Ramone's comments, but it would have been much easier to swallow if they could patch in an updated version of the stadium once the real life one has the video boards up.

If they wanted to go the extra mile they could have made the bleachers empty for the first part of the season. Dynamic crowds!

# 23 Lisac @ 03/23/15 06:29 PM
Quote:
Yeah, read something today about one owner on Sheffield that owns 3 buildings is the only one who is actually suing, and they are in court today. Cubs are asking to dismiss based on several factors. "Experts" agree the Cubs will most likely win any lawsuits that are allowed to go forward, should the judge not dismiss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertour02
Hmm. The question is, since the boards are already designed for the game, will they be patched in, or is that too much of an alteration to make it into this year's game?
This maybe a good question to ask Ramone on a separate thread. They already had it in and took it out that easy wonder if it would be that easy to put back in. It's still a head scratcher that they took out the one in LF when it's already been ok'd and going to be up for opening day!

# 24 bigwill33 @ 03/23/15 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertour02
They already stated that it wouldn't be patched or updated. Probably because of the massive file size that each stadium is and how all of that info is written to the disc.

# 25 bigwill33 @ 03/23/15 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
That how it is in real life.....
Some places do wet the dirt throughout the game.

# 26 ajblithe20 @ 03/23/15 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Every game i have been to at the K they jsut wet it before the game and then drag these around every few innings.

Hmmm, I'll know for sure what the O's grounds crew does after April 11th! Going to game 2 at Oriole Park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 27 Trackball @ 03/23/15 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Some places do wet the dirt throughout the game.
Forgive me for asking, but I wasn't aware of this before watching the video.

Why do teams wet the dirt? I never noticed before that it was darker brown at the starts of games.

I'm sure it's for a good reason, I just want to know what it is.

...No, I'm not normally much of a real-life baseball fan. But I play The Show because it's an awesome representation of the sport--it's a better baseball game than NBA 2K is a basketball game.

I'm just not the kind of guy who notices little color differences like this, unless it's REALLY out of place, like the dirt is purple or something. But props to Sony San Diego for putting this in for those that WOULD notice.

Anyway, why do they make the dirt wet at the start of games?

# 28 Ghost Of The Year @ 03/23/15 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Forgive me for asking, but I wasn't aware of this before watching the video.

Why do teams wet the dirt? I never noticed before that it was darker brown at the starts of games.

I'm sure it's for a good reason, I just want to know what it is.

...No, I'm not normally much of a real-life baseball fan. But I play The Show because it's an awesome representation of the sport--it's a better baseball game than NBA 2K is a basketball game.

I'm just not the kind of guy who notices little color differences like this, unless it's REALLY out of place, like the dirt is purple or something. But props to Sony San Diego for putting this in for those that WOULD notice.

Anyway, why do they make the dirt wet at the start of games?
"Cause dust don't taste good. And it stings the eyes.

# 29 bigwill33 @ 03/23/15 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
They showed Boston's grass too.
What I meant was they haven't shown Wrigley Field as a whole to this point.

It has been one of the most requested stadiums to be featured in streams or screenshots and we have yet to see the entire stadium. We knew that they had to make changes due to legal reasons, but now that the game is finished and out for shipment you would think that we would be able to see the entire stadium and not just the grass or tight shots that we saw in the aforementioned trailer.

# 30 MrOldboy @ 03/23/15 08:41 PM
I'm ok with just having all the stadiums' dirt drying, it's realistic in that sense, just not representative of how every teams' grounds crew works. Maybe now that it is in place they can look at a day game at each stadium and see if they re-water the batter's box and set some stadiums to "reset" the drying every 3 innings or whatever.

What I wish they would work on are the dirt clumps that get built up around home on PS4. They do exist in real life, but in the game they look odd as if they weren't part of the ground at any point. They look like someone is walking by and throwing a handful of dirt clumps on top of home plate every inning. It's hard to describe, but I saw some people mentioning this when it was introduced.

# 31 jaydaddy03 @ 03/24/15 02:56 AM
Pretty accurate. Below is a photo I took from game 3 of the 2012 ALDS around 4pm

# 32 LastActionHero @ 03/24/15 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
What I wish they would work on are the dirt clumps that get built up around home on PS4. They do exist in real life, but in the game they look odd as if they weren't part of the ground at any point. They look like someone is walking by and throwing a handful of dirt clumps on top of home plate every inning. It's hard to describe, but I saw some people mentioning this when it was introduced.

I'm with you, it looks like someone just threw some bread crumbs on the dirt and at some point (depends on the sun) they look like gold nuggets

# 33 eaw913 @ 03/24/15 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
Yes they had fireworks during the homerun celebration in the Show 13! I know it for a fact,I have every Show all the way back to the PS2 days! What's so wrong with having fireworks in the homerun celebration or letting the player have the option of having it in there homerun celebration if they choose when they play the game? I like the fireworks!
Pretty sure he was saying they don't do this in real life.. not saying it was never in the game. Which if it isn't in real life, why do you want it in the game?

# 34 sydrogerdavid @ 03/24/15 12:51 PM
I find it very interesting when you guys mention that some teams re-water the infield in between innings. Do they have retractable hoses under the field? Do they just give it a very light dusting of water? I'm genuinely curious.

Considering how much the MLB is pushing these new time limits, I would guess that this practice will stop soon. When I was giving the infield it's pregame watering this past summer, it took us a good 10 minutes, at least, to bring out the hose, turn on the water, do the actual watering, and then roll the hose back up and put everything away.

Of course, they couldn't do the entire infield, the chalk lines and batter's box would get messed up if they did the base paths and home plate area. But if they do, how do they prevent everything from looking terrible?

# 35 nemesis04 @ 03/24/15 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
"Cause dust don't taste good. And it stings the eyes.
While it does keep the dust down they actually spray the infield to keep it loose so it is easier to slide and also prevent injuries like turning an ankle because the cleat can get locked into the dry hardpan. The top layer is clay and when it is left to dry out it becomes hard like concrete. You might as well be sliding on the sidewalk because that is what it would feel like.

# 36 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/24/15 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
I find it very interesting when you guys mention that some teams re-water the infield in between innings. Do they have retractable hoses under the field? Do they just give it a very light dusting of water? I'm genuinely curious.

Considering how much the MLB is pushing these new time limits, I would guess that this practice will stop soon. When I was giving the infield it's pregame watering this past summer, it took us a good 10 minutes, at least, to bring out the hose, turn on the water, do the actual watering, and then roll the hose back up and put everything away.

Of course, they couldn't do the entire infield, the chalk lines and batter's box would get messed up if they did the base paths and home plate area. But if they do, how do they prevent everything from looking terrible?
I've never seen any infield get wet down DURING a game between innings. Never. But I've only been to 7 of the 30 MLB stadiums...

# 37 nemesis04 @ 03/24/15 02:13 PM
Quote:
I've never seen any infield get wet down DURING a game between innings. Never. But I've only been to 7 of the 30 MLB stadiums...
It would only get done additionaly if it was needed not because of a set routine. It gets watered before they chalk it out and it usually is good for the rest of the game except for the periodic raking throughout the game.

# 38 con100 @ 03/24/15 03:39 PM
I hope they did a good job with Progressive Field. I feel like in most baseball games they never do that good of a job with it.

# 39 bigwill33 @ 03/24/15 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
It would only get done additionaly if it was needed not because of a set routine. It gets watered before they chalk it out and it usually is good for the rest of the game except for the periodic raking throughout the game.
Yes. And it's been a long time since I can recall seeing it, but I remember it more when outdoor stadiums had turf infields (3Rivers Stadium) on hot days they would come out mid-game and spray some during breaks.

# 40 icicle22 @ 03/24/15 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by con100
I hope they did a good job with Progressive Field. I feel like in most baseball games they never do that good of a job with it.
I know and I feel you brother. They miss a lot of details....not tarp on the left field line. Now....they stadium is being renovated and isn't even going to be done until the home opener. We can only hope that SD Studios had access to rendering of how it's going to look....otherwise we will be stuck with a rehash from last year.

We also need to get the "Indians" logo on the scoreboard lit up at night. Waiting with baited breath for some shots or a stream of it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.