Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Now that MLB 15 The Show is available for everyone, we would like to hear some early impressions from the OS community. Early impressions from the lucky OSers that found a copy early, can be seen here.

Please, only post impressions.

If you have questions, please use this thread.

If you want to see the beauty the game has, check out our member submitted Photography/Videography thread.

If you have bugs to report, please use this thread.

With that said, let's hear those impressions!

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 cheechoo98 @ 03/31/15 06:43 PM
loving the game so far.. just a couple of minor bug things - there is no wind speed and direction indicator on any menus etc.. for now you just have to look at the stadium flag direction - which is still a valid way to tell.

Post game, no more Highlight Reel of the game so minor but still miss it

cheers. Great Game!!!

# 62 tomothyd @ 03/31/15 06:46 PM
Did anyone else not get their gold loyalty upgrade? mine started with silver despite me having connected online in mlb 14 multiple times

# 63 BearsnVodka @ 03/31/15 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
i'm in the same position with the anniversary edition. Its been 2 hrs and I'm only a quarter of the way.
Yup. Anniversary Edition here too. I love everything so far, it'd just be nice to be able to play non Giants/Royals.

# 64 Cman9 @ 03/31/15 06:46 PM
Has anyone increased the pitch speed slider? I have it set 2 notches below max setting and find it to be much more realistic and challenging. I also have (preview) strikezone set to on, and directional hitting with pitch location/pitch type off. Much cleaner realistic look to batting. I played on veteran then on allstar and actually was getting quite a few hits. I think I like these settings the most.

# 65 HozAndMoose @ 03/31/15 06:46 PM
Mine installed fully before i was finished with the install game.

# 66 HozAndMoose @ 03/31/15 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman9
Has anyone increased the pitch speed slider? I have it set 2 notches below max setting and find it to be much more realistic and challenging. I also have (preview) strikezone set to on, and directional hitting with pitch location/pitch type off. Much cleaner realistic look to batting. I played on veteran then on allstar and actually was getting quite a few hits. I think I like these settings the most.
Im moving mine up at least 2. Way to slow to me on default.

# 67 jej @ 03/31/15 06:55 PM
Overall I definitely like the game so far, but I notice they still can't seem to figure out pitching motions. They made a ton of additions and changes this year, which I can appreciate, but they all look funky. The windups are kind of jerky and robotic, and most of them have a completely straight arm when they throw, which is just odd and unrealistic. And of those, some have tremendously slow arm speed, to the point where there is no way they would be doing anything but lobbing it.

Also a bit disappointed that they still haven't fixed Kyle Seager's stance that has been bad for 2-3 years now. I just figured since he is more well known now he would get a tweak. I mean, there are nobodies who got new stances this year.

# 68 bobloblah1980 @ 03/31/15 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Guys who played 14 did you get your gold rewards when you installed 15?
got Mine as soon as I started it up last nightJust waiting on my skin it code/Email (Digital Download version) though

# 69 BravesBoy @ 03/31/15 06:59 PM
Quote:
Negative ghost rider..digital download

# 70 tomothyd @ 03/31/15 06:59 PM
Quote:
No I did not. What can I do to get it?? I've been online in 14 a ton and was looking forward to that

# 71 BearsnVodka @ 03/31/15 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
i'm in the same position with the anniversary edition. Its been 2 hrs and I'm only a quarter of the way.
I shut my system down and it loaded the game back up and itseemed to get it going again at least.

It went from about 75% to 95% in about 5 minutes.

# 72 Cman9 @ 03/31/15 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsnVodka
I shut my system down and it loaded the game back up and itseemed to get it going again at least.

It went from about 75% to 95% in about 5 minutes.
I think there should be a (Having trouble installing thread) with half these post about installing the game.

# 73 HozAndMoose @ 03/31/15 07:26 PM
For the guy that said the crowd is lame. I think the crowd is the best i can remember in any sports game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMqDYWbqX04

# 74 Jeter2 @ 03/31/15 07:28 PM
As someone who felt last years game was stale, I am so hyped so far from what i've seen. THe commentary isn't worlds better but its' consistent. THe crowds still need word but are much better. Played Yanks at A's and loved the ambient noise.

# 75 ryanmc564 @ 03/31/15 07:31 PM
One thing I like that's not even game play or on the game itself is the back of the cover being the control scheme. That's was a great idea, especially when I have someone over that's not familiar with the controls I can just hand them the game case with the cover flipped the other way for easier viewing.

# 76 Legaci3 @ 03/31/15 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Quite a few of us
any way of use that didnt get the gold loyalty to get it? havent seen anything regarding this

# 77 RandyBass @ 03/31/15 07:38 PM
Been playing the Royals vs. Giants while I wait for the install, very impressed! I'm not easily impressed either.

Things that jump out:

-Lighting is a big improvement. Game looks a lot better than 14.
-Hit trajectory and variety is a lot better. I'm seeing a lot more hits over the infield and in front of the outfield for example, something 14 didn't have enough of.
-Better fielding animations.

Also, I'm really liking the new hit direction control. It feels very realistic to get that pitch inside, and pointing the L-stick in that direction to simulate a hitter pulling his hands inside the ball. Or on the flip side, to push away simulating a hitting keeping his front should closed. It captures that aspect very well.

It also seems that you aren't locked into that spray style of hitting, in other words it seems like you can still pull outside pitches if you want, but it's tough to tell after only a brief bit of playing.

# 78 Ghost Of The Year @ 03/31/15 07:43 PM
throws from the outfield to the cutoff man sometimes look a little strange.

# 79 Russell_SCEA @ 03/31/15 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legaci3
any way of use that didnt get the gold loyalty to get it? havent seen anything regarding this

It was fIxed yesterday if you missed out on the gold we gave you more rewards.

# 80 Smallville102001 @ 03/31/15 07:55 PM
I have had time to play like 1 inning so far and I am not going to get a change to play much the rest of the day with nba coming on hear in a few minutes but like a lot of people said the game looks a lot better then last year. The game still doesn't look quit has good has NBA but much better then last year. I have heard people say that pitching is harder this year. Either this is just a odd start or this game is way way harder on pitching then ever before because in the first inning with bumgarner I gave up 5 runs on dynamic difficulty at just rookie + where in the past on any thing below all-star I could dominate pitching. Hoping to get some time in with the game tomorrow.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.