Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 patch #4, which arrived on March 12th for PlayStation 4 users, is available now for Xbox One users. It weighs in at 2.5 GB.

The patch primarily addresses the shoe issues in the game, more specifically in MyCAREER mode. You can see the workaround here. Once the patch notes are finally released, we will update this post.

Let us know what you are seeing.

UPDATE: The patch notes have been released.
  • Addressed an issue where purchased, created shoes in the MyPLAYER Store would revert to the unpurchased state upon leaving the menu.
  • Upon signing an endorsement deal with a shoe company in MyCAREER, shoes from that brand will once again be wearable by your MyPLAYER.
  • (XB1) Online games will no longer disconnect during gameplay when one or more users had minimized the title and returned while sitting on the Team Select screen prior to playing.
  • Made a number of improvements to the player progression/regression systems that drive player ratings in MyGM/MyLEAGUE/MyCAREER.
  • Fixed a rare case where the user team would trade for the upcoming pick mid-draft (MyGM/MyLEAGUE), but the team that traded away the pick would retain the rights to the player.
  • Fixed an issue where some users were unable to access specific Online Leagues.
  • Removed “auto-hesitation” dribble animations that played when driving near defenders. Smoothed out the sprint to jog transition in the back court.
  • Tuned shot percentages for a more obvious distinction between open and covered shots. Slight increase to contact dunk frequency for high level dunkers.
  • Corrected an issue in MyTEAM where improved player badges were not appearing in the correct color when viewing a head-to-head game. The correct badge level with appropriate gameplay adjustments are now being made.
  • The ‘Bruiser’ and ‘Hardened’ badges will now unlock properly in MyCAREER when the appropriate conditions are met.
  • Fixed a rare case where some users would occasionally see the title hang during the series of legal screens at the start of the game.
  • (XB1) Corrected an issue where Park Chat through the My NBA 2K15 app would not work for some users.
  • (XB1) Fixed an issue where a user’s gamertag would not update in the Roster Creator interface when the gamertag was changed outside of the title.

NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Boling4Humor @ 04/01/15 06:57 PM
Referring to my post earlier, I was speaking about the patch 4 shooting. I consider it a glitch because the general consensus from the PS4 users is that it's unplayable. I suppose I should have chosen other choice of words though.

Wasn't sure if the long wait for the patch could have been for a correction to this current issue...sounds like it wasn't.

# 42 ksuttonjr76 @ 04/01/15 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxPHANTOM
Exactly, why would they change it? To please the 20% of 2K users who complained that they couldn't make a shot?
To please the people who use real NBA teams instead of MyPlayers...

# 43 jrose57 @ 04/01/15 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
The challenge of HOF Sim is ruined with easy shooting . guess we wait till 2k16
Yeah, anyone knows how adjusting the sliders can make the game playable???

# 44 Jrocc23 @ 04/01/15 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
To please the people who use real NBA teams instead of MyPlayers...

I've seen more people who play with real NBA teams complain a lot more than people who typically prefer MyPlayer. So it seems like they've did a bad job.

MC guys isn't the ones talking about sliders and etc because we don't have that luxury.

# 45 stillfeelme @ 04/01/15 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Yeah, anyone knows how adjusting the sliders can make the game playable???
If I had to guess it would be adjusting all jump shot sliders for user and cpu by 15% and then going to real fg %. That is for offline online there is nothing you can do but contest all shots to minimize the shots that are are not green releases

# 46 IgotSyphillis @ 04/01/15 09:58 PM
It's over. Nothing can be done. I'm on the PS4. I tried to warn the offline only guys. Disconnect you're xbox and don't download this patch. It's terrible. Sliders don't fix it. All lowering the sliders does is make you miss 95% of the shots you don't get a green release on. Which will technically make shooting % look better but fixes nothing as it becomes a game of how many green releases can I hit. Sliders don't affect green releases.

# 47 stillfeelme @ 04/01/15 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotSyphillis
It's over. Nothing can be done. I'm on the PS4. I tried to warn the offline only guys. Disconnect you're xbox and don't download this patch. It's terrible. Sliders don't fix it. All lowering the sliders does is make you miss 95% of the shots you don't get a green release on. Which will technically make shooting % look better but fixes nothing as it becomes a game of how many green releases can I hit. Sliders don't affect green releases.
What about real fg%? That has to be the only option I see worth doing for off line

# 48 zrohman @ 04/01/15 10:10 PM
I've seen a ton of people adjust offline sliders with success in the other patch thread. Also I've seen many people have success online through good defense

# 49 IrOnKoBe @ 04/02/15 12:20 AM
next pacth please adjust silders for the park/rec ....way too easy to score now

# 50 Leftos @ 04/02/15 12:41 AM
The ending note on the patch notes about all fixes applying to existing saves is something that applies to 99% of fixes introduced in our patches, we do our best to make sure of that. However, as I mentioned already, any and all progression and regression tuning that was done for Patch 4 does require a new save. I'll reach out to get the Patch Notes corrected if possible.

# 51 jrose57 @ 04/02/15 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
What about real fg%? That has to be the only option I see worth doing for off line
Hey brother, how does having real fg% fix the issue? Please let me know I am keen to fix this shooting too easy problem in the game as well...thanks!

# 52 jrose57 @ 04/02/15 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
I've seen a ton of people adjust offline sliders with success in the other patch thread. Also I've seen many people have success online through good defense
Can you please refer some posts that can help me!?!?!? I would really love to know how, thank you!!!

# 53 zrohman @ 04/02/15 01:06 AM
For the record I just played a mycareer game on superstar with only one green release post patch. I went to play online with the kings. I only got one green release all game, with Andre Miller of all people on a wide open three.

At half he shot 52% and I shot 48%. I started to get distracted a little in the second half and he shot a little better while I shot a little worse.

I saw barely any change in green releases. My guess is you have to have your players form down perfectly and be wide open. I play with the kings often but wasn't wide open too much all game.

I think it plays great online. My one mycareer match was great, and fair too

# 54 ksuttonjr76 @ 04/02/15 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I've seen more people who play with real NBA teams complain a lot more than people who typically prefer MyPlayer. So it seems like they've did a bad job.

MC guys isn't the ones talking about sliders and etc because we don't have that luxury.
You sure? It seemed like more people were complaining about the Rec and MyPark then anything else. MyPlayer users were complaining, because they can't adjust the sliders to offset the ease of shooting.

I know there were some offline people complaining, but I was under the impression that they found some slider settings to help. After that...who's left to complain about the shooting?

Admittedly, I think they tweaked it a tad too much, but I'm cool with it. I now can use Stuckey, G. Hill, and Miles as genuine 3PT threat while throwing in a mid range game.

As I stated before, they fixed the overall game experience so much for the better, they could have left the shot glitches alone and merely increased/decreased the percentages on open and contested shots.

# 55 Jrocc23 @ 04/02/15 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
You sure? It seemed like more people were complaining about the Rec and MyPark then anything else. MyPlayer users were complaining, because they can't adjust the sliders to offset the ease of shooting.

I know there were some offline people complaining, but I was under the impression that they found some slider settings to help. After that...who's left to complain about the shooting?

Admittedly, I think they tweaked it a tad too much, but I'm cool with it. I now can use Stuckey, G. Hill, and Miles as genuine 3PT threat while throwing in a mid range game.

As I stated before, they fixed the overall game experience so much for the better, they could have left the shot glitches alone and merely increased/decreased the percentages on open and contested shots.

From what I've seen, I've seen more people that use regular teams complaining. I've also seen some of what you've seen as well. I am sure it's a lot worse in MC because we know our shots, we have CPU players guarding us and it's hard for users to stay in front of people in REC and Park sometimes because of the lag, and the high ratings.

Yeah, I've seen some people say some slider works and some that says none works or they just haven't found the right ones. Also people online that uses regular teams and MyTeam are others that can complain that cannot change sliders.

I am sure you're happy about it because it makes using your Pacers a lot easier. Specially since they are knocking down shots a lot more now. And you not having PG13, I am sure it was frustrating. Hopefully, we just get that 2K11 like shooting in 2K16. Shooting has been fine. Never even thought to complain about that back then.

# 56 amedawg00 @ 04/02/15 08:34 AM
First HOF SIM online league game post patch. I am not trying to be knee jerk and the user I played was very bad but these stats are disturbing and hope it's an anolomy going forward. For 2k16, this concept of automatic green releases has got to he removed. It feels arcadey and gamey and is at odds with simulation gameplay, especially on the highest difficultly level user vs user. We as a community wanted the glitched shots fixed but we never asked for perfect releases to be so easy to achieve especially on HOF. We have no recourse with sliders as online league heads and rely HOF sim difficulty to temper the arcade elements of 2k when compared to the other casual modes of MyTeam and online rank. We had our sanctuary with HOF sim but this patch portends disaster for OL heads who play on that level if 2k doesn't address the green release gimmick or make them harder to achieve. I have no problem with the boosted mid range shot heuristics and am glad Beluba left 3 pointers untouched. But we as a community asked for every player to be able to achieve a perfect release out of fairness. Now that it's been accomplished, it would be nice to make them less obtainable...especially against good to great shot contests on HOF sim.

# 57 Luke Skywalker @ 04/02/15 08:42 AM
Real Player % is the way to go until 2K16 develops a new shooting mechanic. You still have to adjust sliders with RP%, I was Ray Allen with Deron Williams in one game post-patch.

# 58 Dj_MyTime @ 04/02/15 08:44 AM
I play MP in the Park almost exclusively, I like the patch a lot of people need to remember that the majority of MP's have MAXED OUT STATS. So of course more shots are going to go in if they tune the game.

Everyone is running around with 95 shooting down the line. Our 3 man team has been able to shoot over the course of the last two patches. But it did seem for a while (around the time the patch hit PS4) that the park felt different, missing shots we normally hit, playing good defense aka ''good shot defense'' and still having two's drained in our faces.

I played roughly 2 1/2-3 hours last night, and the balance seemed to have returned, we worked the ball around and the majority of our open shots 1's/2's dropped, if we took contested shots we usually missed, and the same for our opponents.

It even seemed like a semblance of defense had returned, strips, the ability to tip alley-oop passes (which had been very hard to come by lately), the ability to block dunks to a respectable degree, as well as layups seemed to go in at a more natural clip.

It was one sitting, probably 15-20 games or so, but I was as excited to get back on 2K as I've been in a while.

# 59 ksuttonjr76 @ 04/02/15 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
From what I've seen, I've seen more people that use regular teams complaining. I've also seen some of what you've seen as well. I am sure it's a lot worse in MC because we know our shots, we have CPU players guarding us and it's hard for users to stay in front of people in REC and Park sometimes because of the lag, and the high ratings.

Yeah, I've seen some people say some slider works and some that says none works or they just haven't found the right ones. Also people online that uses regular teams and MyTeam are others that can complain that cannot change sliders.

I am sure you're happy about it because it makes using your Pacers a lot easier. Specially since they are knocking down shots a lot more now. And you not having PG13, I am sure it was frustrating. Hopefully, we just get that 2K11 like shooting in 2K16. Shooting has been fine. Never even thought to complain about that back then.
I agree. NBA 2K11's shooting was the best for me hands down. For the record, I didn't want the Pacers to be easier to be used. I just wanted to be able to use the Pacers. The more and more that I play this game post-patch, I'm realizing that some of the exaggerated animations were preventing me from having a good offense too. For me, it was frustrating getting open looks and clanking them left and right. However, I couldn't really go to a post game, because certain animations would make my bigs throw up ridiculous shots, so it defeated the purpose of trying to run post plays to throw a different look at the offense.

Now, the thing that I'm noticing is that I'm not REALLY getting that many more green releases than I was before. I'm still getting a lot of "just on the white line" shots. To me, the perfect releases is not the problem per se, but the change that they made to open shots. IMHO, the green releases is more placebo than anything else. I'm just hitting my open shots at a better percentage. Combined that with my bigs scoring more on put backs and post moves, then yes...my FG% dramatically went up.

If they want my vote, I vote for them to decrease the percentages on open looks, penalize people more on contested shots and poor releases. I think they should leave the "green release" fix, because people do still need a visual cue to help them determine that they are achieving success on the shot release. Right now, 2KSports just have to tweak their "sliders" to create the perfect balance for offense against the defense. Defensively, I'm do better on creating turnovers and forcing players into taking bad shots, but those open shots are guaranteed money and straight daggers.

# 60 Sundown @ 04/02/15 10:20 AM
While I appreciate the work Beluba did to fix broken releases, it seems that the open shot percentage boost along with the the fix not being properly re-tuned and rebalanced has left the game in what I deem a broken state. It has essentially made our fears that the entire simulation game can be glitched past with decent timing a reality.

In addition, the boost of open midrange shots being 60 for an average decent shooter seems entirely too high and out of alignment with NBA stats historically. Not even Curry has been hitting 60 wide open from midrange this season, and he's much better than a "decent" midrange shooter.

My original plan was to not install the patch since the 2K15 with patch 3 played a very solid game. Unfortunately, the game loses all online connectivity without the patch, and refuses to play without it if an online connection exists.

So as it stands, there are few viable resolutions. Slider settings don't work properly if the ease of green releases effectively bypass them. Not installing the patch makes the game offline only and breaks all online modes, updates, and features.

I sincerely hope there will be an additional patch to bring these issues back into balance. However, Mike mentioned that the AI may be inadequate in covering the effectiveness of the players' shooting, and to wait for DaCzar to bring it up to par. I think the issue may be more problematic than that (most missed shots in NBA are actually open), and his comments make me fear that there may be no more patches for 2K15.

If this is truly the case, the latest changes will have left the game in a broken state with more than six months left in the product cycle, which I do have to deem entirely unacceptable.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.