Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 patch #4, which arrived on March 12th for PlayStation 4 users, is available now for Xbox One users. It weighs in at 2.5 GB.

The patch primarily addresses the shoe issues in the game, more specifically in MyCAREER mode. You can see the workaround here. Once the patch notes are finally released, we will update this post.

Let us know what you are seeing.

UPDATE: The patch notes have been released.
  • Addressed an issue where purchased, created shoes in the MyPLAYER Store would revert to the unpurchased state upon leaving the menu.
  • Upon signing an endorsement deal with a shoe company in MyCAREER, shoes from that brand will once again be wearable by your MyPLAYER.
  • (XB1) Online games will no longer disconnect during gameplay when one or more users had minimized the title and returned while sitting on the Team Select screen prior to playing.
  • Made a number of improvements to the player progression/regression systems that drive player ratings in MyGM/MyLEAGUE/MyCAREER.
  • Fixed a rare case where the user team would trade for the upcoming pick mid-draft (MyGM/MyLEAGUE), but the team that traded away the pick would retain the rights to the player.
  • Fixed an issue where some users were unable to access specific Online Leagues.
  • Removed “auto-hesitation” dribble animations that played when driving near defenders. Smoothed out the sprint to jog transition in the back court.
  • Tuned shot percentages for a more obvious distinction between open and covered shots. Slight increase to contact dunk frequency for high level dunkers.
  • Corrected an issue in MyTEAM where improved player badges were not appearing in the correct color when viewing a head-to-head game. The correct badge level with appropriate gameplay adjustments are now being made.
  • The ‘Bruiser’ and ‘Hardened’ badges will now unlock properly in MyCAREER when the appropriate conditions are met.
  • Fixed a rare case where some users would occasionally see the title hang during the series of legal screens at the start of the game.
  • (XB1) Corrected an issue where Park Chat through the My NBA 2K15 app would not work for some users.
  • (XB1) Fixed an issue where a user’s gamertag would not update in the Roster Creator interface when the gamertag was changed outside of the title.

NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Law504 @ 04/02/15 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjulio
I've seen a lot of people complaining about the patch. Saying the shooting is to easy, and the defense sucks. But I've played 10 games online and I've won all 10 of em. B4 the patch people would just play the 2-3 zone and clog the paint and it was a struggle to make a open shot, now I'm punishing the people who play zone all game instead of playin man defense. And no I didn't make every shot, I missed some open shots too but now I'm not afraid of taking those open shots because i know it has a way better chance of going in. And the defense is way better. Yes there's still those times when my opponent would zig zag to try to get an open 3 or turbo down the baseline and get to the hoop untouched but now my players react faster and move a whole lot smoother. I think they did a good job with this patch. Hopefully this is the last one. I just don't understand why they couldn't have the game like this from the beginning
Im one of the few that love this patch, it was no point of running plays getting open jumpers cause prepatch the open shots wouldnt fall, now running plays is a must cause open shots falls now. I love this game, I did lost interest after winning 1st seed on myteam but Im having fun again.

I laugh when my opp play zone, I have a few plays that destroy zones, I think this patch will make my opp learn to play man to man.

# 82 Vic15_15 @ 04/02/15 08:29 PM
Lmao this patch made park into a 3pt contest. You gotta try hard as hell to miss an open shot and defense doesnt matter. As long as you know the release you can get a green release every time no matter if someone is in front of you. 2K stays messing **** up

# 83 maddcatt @ 04/02/15 09:47 PM
personally, I played probably the 3 best games I have played on NBA2K 15 online this year on Monday and Tuesday nights in my league ...I thought the shooting was finally just right, game speed was just right and the connection was better than ever, but then the patch hit on Wednesday and took it all away and turned it more into and arcade game ..very disappointed : (

# 84 mitsurugi_78 @ 04/03/15 09:29 AM
i played several games in MyTeam last night...a few domination which weren't all that much different, slightly higher field goal percentage and score...which...with the easier open shots is sort of expected. But playing domination...its nothing but 3 point contest after 3 point contest...unless it is all 10 year olds playing I get no joy from playing this game like that. One guy used Carmello Anthony and went 9 for 9 from 3 point. He never shot anything but 3's with Melo....and one...I was so in his face I would have been happy with a foul called...and he still freaking made it...and these weren't even green releases. Defense feels mostly the same to me. And the Alley-opp thing seems to be random...I've seen a few that other people tried that were in good positions and had the numbers for some good oops...but the pass was wild or just thrown away...and then I've had guys running down the court from mid court throw alley oops with guys in position to cover them and they go up and get it...it still needs some adjusting...pretty weak how it can be abused. Honestly i feel like I'm playing NBA Jam...it opponent does nothing but shoot 3's or throw alley oops.

# 85 mitsurugi_78 @ 04/03/15 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsurugi_78
i played several games in MyTeam last night...a few domination which weren't all that much different, slightly higher field goal percentage and score...which...with the easier open shots is sort of expected. But playing domination...its nothing but 3 point contest after 3 point contest...unless it is all 10 year olds playing I get no joy from playing this game like that. One guy used Carmello Anthony and went 9 for 9 from 3 point. He never shot anything but 3's with Melo....and one...I was so in his face I would have been happy with a foul called...and he still freaking made it...and these weren't even green releases. Defense feels mostly the same to me. And the Alley-opp thing seems to be random...I've seen a few that other people tried that were in good positions and had the numbers for some good oops...but the pass was wild or just thrown away...and then I've had guys running down the court from mid court throw alley oops with guys in position to cover them and they go up and get it...it still needs some adjusting...pretty weak how it can be abused. Honestly i feel like I'm playing NBA Jam...it opponent does nothing but shoot 3's or throw alley oops.
second part i meant in road to the playoffs...not domination.

# 86 amedawg00 @ 04/03/15 10:11 AM
The more I play post patch on HOF sim online, the more I realize that the shooting albeit a bit inflated, is not a game killer by any means.

When u play a terrible user, you will murder them as seen below.

When u play a good user who values defense, meaning they take the time to set up their POE and adjust their defensive settings, and make every effort to contest every shot with the on ball defender (which btw reduces fg%); then you get stats like these below. Again, judge this patch not by the extremes nut by user skill in head to head. I don't mess with offline so I cannot opine on that; plus you offline guys have sliders, something OL and OA heads would kill for.

Both games can be seen on my twitch archives linked in the sig for verification that defense can still be played, even against elite teams and elite 2k players.

# 87 ksuttonjr76 @ 04/03/15 10:40 AM
Now that they nerfed the hell out of MID and 3PT ratings, is there anything else that you don't like about the patch?

I still have to play a few more games, but there's a strong possibility that this game could dethrone NBA 2K11 as my favorite game for online ranked games

# 88 Don Figures @ 04/03/15 02:21 PM
I guess they don't care the league option has been broken since the game was released. We tried again and the games are still not counting. Hope they add/bring back a full league association in NBA 2K16

# 89 cowboy_kmoney @ 04/05/15 02:09 AM
How is the progression and regression issue looking.What dies it do now.

# 90 tetoleetd @ 04/05/15 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
The more I play post patch on HOF sim online, the more I realize that the shooting albeit a bit inflated, is not a game killer by any means.

When u play a good user who values defense, meaning they take the time to set up their POE and adjust their defensive settings, and make every effort to contest every shot with the on ball defender (which btw reduces fg%); then you get stats like these below. Again, judge this patch not by the extremes nut by user skill in head to head. I don't mess with offline so I cannot opine on that; plus you offline guys have sliders, something OL and OA heads would kill for.

Both games can be seen on my twitch archives linked in the sig for verification that defense can still be played, even against elite teams and elite 2k players.

2k lowered the shooting ratings for most players in the latest roster update. before they did this it was a definite game killer, now its still an issue but more fixable.

# 91 AceDawg5 @ 04/05/15 03:52 AM
I must say that I'm happy with a few things post patch. Passing out of the pick and roll is much better now. And the improved shooting makes mid range shooting big men much more of a weapon now. With the Bulls running 3 out 2 in with space the floor, high pick and roll with Rose and Gasol is a thing of beauty. And players like Taj Gibson actually have value now. Still shooting in the mid 60s most games so I still have slider tweaking to do but I had to give 2k some credit for making some intricate parts of the game better.

# 92 JRxPHANTOM @ 04/05/15 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Now that they nerfed the hell out of MID and 3PT ratings, is there anything else that you don't like about the patch?

I still have to play a few more games, but there's a strong possibility that this game could dethrone NBA 2K11 as my favorite game for online ranked games
The very common green releases. Nerf in ratings does not mean that the green releases are less common, not from the few games that I have played on SS/Shooting below Sim, especially mid range. Note - I'm speaking of offline only.

# 93 ataman5 @ 04/05/15 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00

Well getting to 100's points range with only 28 pip points and 9 free throws and %50 fg is definitely a bad bad sign, nowhere near acceptable considering what's really happening on nba courts. I don't think this can be justified.

# 94 amedawg00 @ 04/05/15 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Well getting to 100's points range with only 28 pip points and 9 free throws and %50 fg is definitely a bad bad sign, nowhere near acceptable considering what's really happening on nba courts. I don't think this can be justified.
These games were played before the ratings adjustments. We restarted our lg with the new ratings and carried our records over so it was a restart in name only. You are right. We couldn't justify the stupid easy shooting post patch buffed by inflated ratings. We are now seeing scores reflect pre patch 5 hof sim grind gsmes. Although I am still not happy with how 2k boosted mid range and open shot percentages, the ratings adjustments or hot fix is a good band aid for hof sim online user vs user gameplay. With how screwed we have been with broken leagues, I'm just happy to be playing balanced head to head league games again after the ratings adjustments.

# 95 Jrocc23 @ 04/19/15 07:00 PM
Can we please get that 5th patch or something to fix the shooting?

Took a lot of the fun out of the mode for me in MC and Park/Rec. Too easy for everyone. People are just shooting from damn near half court now. And in MC which I care about more, my CPU teammates and the CPU players are just raining shots they'd never usually make. Even contested.

Y'all basically admitted it's an issue by doing a global update on players. So let's fix it for everyone change the shooting back to how it used to be minus the broken jumpers. If people playing ranked and etc with the global updates, leave it as is but if the patch has to be just dedicated to MC and for the people that plays MyTeam, cool. We just need one last patch.

# 96 zrohman @ 04/19/15 09:11 PM
The occasional sniping sucks but I feel the game is fair and fun in the park. If you play defense they miss. If you leave a good shooter open he dunks or hits the shot. A little arcadey but fair and fun

# 97 Jrocc23 @ 04/19/15 11:04 PM
It's fun, but if you know how to shoot even a little bit it can get ridiculous. Especially with players that know how to play. I am raining shots in park. I am surprised as hell when I do miss. Also this patch results in people wanting 2's all game long.

Ever since the patch, pull-ups go in at a SUPER high rate also because of the inflated shooting percentages. And users aren't even trying to do it, it happens by accident. Also that stupid little lean back/floater type shot is money but that it has been since before the patch specially got CPU players. Bottom line for Park is a lot of shots are going in that's not supposed to. Even players that's not good you have to be concerned about now when giving up jumpers.

My main issue is MyCareer though. It's wayyy too easy with me and my CPU making everything now. Contested and everything. The opposing CPU does the same thing. You have players with a 70 raining 3s. Mainly because you have CPU teammates and 2K made it where CPU contest isn't as effective as users. The shooting needs to be fixed for the modes that couldn't get the global rating decreases.

# 98 jrose57 @ 04/20/15 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
It's fun, but if you know how to shoot even a little bit it can get ridiculous. Especially with players that know how to play. I am raining shots in park. I am surprised as hell when I do miss. Also this patch results in people wanting 2's all game long.

Ever since the patch, pull-ups go in at a SUPER high rate also because of the inflated shooting percentages. And users aren't even trying to do it, it happens by accident. Also that stupid little lean back/floater type shot is money but that it has been since before the patch specially got CPU players. Bottom line for Park is a lot of shots are going in that's not supposed to. Even players that's not good you have to be concerned about now when giving up jumpers.

My main issue is MyCareer though. It's wayyy too easy with me and my CPU making everything now. Contested and everything. The opposing CPU does the same thing. You have players with a 70 raining 3s. Mainly because you have CPU teammates and 2K made it where CPU contest isn't as effective as users. The shooting needs to be fixed for the modes that couldn't get the global rating decreases.
Is this the case after the roster ratings were edited?

# 99 Jrocc23 @ 04/20/15 02:09 AM
The ratings weren't edited for MyCareer. But for ranked games and association and etc, I can't really speak on. I haven't played a ranked game or with regular teams since the patch.

# 100 ghyhtd @ 04/20/15 11:55 AM
I can't wait to see the notes. It's my favorite part not knowing exactly what they changed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.