Home
NASCAR 15 News Post

NASCAR '15 is scheduled to release on Xbox 360 and PS3 on May 22nd for $19.99. The PC version will be available on Steam the same day, but a price was not given. While the press release states it will be available exclusively at GameStop, GameInformer has noted that the game will also be available to download on Xbox Live and the PlayStation Store for those respective systems.

Check out the new NASCAR '15 screenshots here, along with a sizzle trailer and new video featuring a first look and enhancements to the game.

Read the full press release below.

NASCAR '15 will release on Xbox 360, PS3 for $19.99

Dusenberry Martin Racing announced today that its NASCAR® '15 racing game will launch exclusively at GameStop for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on May 22, 2015. The NASCAR '15 PC game is available on Steam® as well.

NASCAR '15 has been updated with all new 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™ paint schemes and features the career mode, teams and tracks, and enhanced online multiplayer and leagues. Tom Dusenberry, CEO of Dusenberry Martin Racing said, "While NASCAR ’15 is a legacy game we are excited to offer the updated NASCAR video game at a value price for the NASCAR fan." NASCAR '15 will be sold in stores exclusively at GameStop for $19.99 at launch.

"NASCAR continues to seek ways to engage fans across multiple platforms, and NASCAR '15 is the latest way fans can interact with our sport," said Blake Davidson, Vice President of Licensing and Consumer Products for NASCAR. "The release of NASCAR '15 is the first step in a long-term plan with Dusenberry Martin Racing to take an aggressive approach to create innovative gaming products that puts racing in the hands of NASCAR fans and gamers alike."

GameStop will continue to build on its successful NASCAR team relationship with Joe Gibbs Racing by becoming the exclusive in-store retailer of NASCAR '15. GameStop Merchant Jon Davis said, "GameStop is thrilled to be partnering with the Dusenberry Martin Racing team with its initial NASCAR game launch. GameStop's partnership with Joe Gibbs Racing is a big part of our marketing strategy and having this chance to connect directly with NASCAR '15 game fans make perfect sense for GameStop."

NASCAR '15 will be available in stores exclusively at GameStop starting on Friday, May 22, 2015.

NASCAR '15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NASCAR '15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NASCAR '15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NASCAR '15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NASCAR '15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
NASCAR '15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Turbojugend @ 04/10/15 03:24 PM
The price is right, but I need to hear less about seasonal updates and more about detailed bug fixes before committing.

Example: In NASCAR '14 I was racing against a friend and had to serve a pit penalty for an illegal pass. Three trips through the pit and none of them registered, so I ended up coming in 39th. Meanwhile, my friend was a lap behind, he decided to pull a 180° and head straight into the pack (he's like that). He came in 10th.

# 2 ILuvMN81 @ 04/10/15 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
The price is right, but I need to hear less about seasonal updates and more about detailed bug fixes before committing.
You and I both. The ETX games had some moments but boy, did they have some moments. I stayed clear of Nascar 14 for a few reasons and I'm glad that I did. I did enjoy Inside Line but I remember online having some odd issues and just weird glitches in season mode.

Turbojugend might have been the one that mentioned seeing this as an "expansion pack" to Nascar 14; that would be kind of odd on a console, though not impossible. While I like that idea from a consumer standpoint, I'm not going to hunt down an overpriced copy of last years game just to play this.

Release date is a wee bit late (near the All Star?) but in a way that works, see I'll look at the pro reviews and consumer impressions, etc for a few weeks and if it's decent, maybe it can be my fathers' day gift about a month later

# 3 AiDub @ 04/10/15 06:32 PM
I'm waiting for '16 when they do a complete overhaul of the game. Since Matt Dusenberry came from Papyrus I'm hoping he can resurrect the physics quality of Nascar Racing 2003 and meld it with the presentation of this game.

# 4 brandon27 @ 04/10/15 06:45 PM
I was afraid they'd do this. Release just a rehash of what was a garbage game for all intents and purposes with just a minor face lift and roster update. Major letdown for me. I was expecting a new and improved game, for the XB1/PS4 to be their first offering.

From a business point of view, I can understand this decision though. I just know that I won't be picking this up. Partially because of the mess N14 was, and partly because my xb360 has basically been retired from gaming now. It'll take some really strong positive reviews here to make me change my mind.

I like that theyre going to use the foundation Eutechnyx laid, but quite frankly that makes me very nervous at the same time.

# 5 gsize19 @ 04/10/15 07:41 PM
I thought ETX had already lost it... For $19.99 will be a buy for me, hoping offline issues aren't present as I never play it online...

# 6 Aggies7 @ 04/10/15 09:55 PM
I still want to see realistic damage models and realistic collision detection until I bite. Love some Nascar but can't justify without seeing improvements in these aspects.

# 7 @marcusjiles @ 04/11/15 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend

Example: In NASCAR '14 I was racing against a friend and had to serve a pit penalty for an illegal pass. Three trips through the pit and none of them registered, so I ended up coming in 39th. Meanwhile, my friend was a lap behind, he decided to pull a 180° and head straight into the pack (he's like that). He came in 10th.
"he's like that"

LMFAO!!!!

# 8 bigdoc85 @ 04/11/15 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I was afraid they'd do this. Release just a rehash of what was a garbage game for all intents and purposes with just a minor face lift and roster update. Major letdown for me. I was expecting a new and improved game, for the XB1/PS4 to be their first offering.

From a business point of view, I can understand this decision though. I just know that I won't be picking this up. Partially because of the mess N14 was, and partly because my xb360 has basically been retired from gaming now. It'll take some really strong positive reviews here to make me change my mind.

I like that theyre going to use the foundation Eutechnyx laid, but quite frankly that makes me very nervous at the same time.
I can't see this being much different than the NASCAR 14 or Inside Line -- just seems like those games with a few minor updates here and there. I wouldn't expect much change from a gameplay standpoint, especially at the price point. Nevertheless, at this price point, I might consider it. And don't be surprised to see it even lower few months after release.

# 9 Louie Loper @ 04/11/15 09:58 PM
I can't believe I'm saying it but my favorite NASCAR game of late, on the 360 was NASCAR 09. No offline wasn't so great, but damage model was good, online stability was good. Loved the paint booth they had. Actually just played it again yesterday.

# 10 ILuvMN81 @ 04/13/15 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie Loper
I can't believe I'm saying it but my favorite NASCAR game of late, on the 360 was NASCAR 09. No offline wasn't so great, but damage model was good, online stability was good. Loved the paint booth they had. Actually just played it again yesterday.
09 was fairly decent. I picked it up in probably 2012 or 13 since I just had an itch to race with the (formerly) Craftsman Trucks that the ETX games couldn't scratch.
The paint booth was boss. I think that I remember it being compatible with Adobe, etc and for sure that it was online. Of course that's all history now, but it was an awesome feature.

# 11 ILuvMN81 @ 04/16/15 02:45 PM
If I haven't already mentioned...I too loved the Papyrus games. They hooked me with the 1999 edition (not "3" but the title "1999 edition") way back then and of course I came back for 4 in 2001. I hate to admit it, but I never did get 2002 or 2003, long story short. I hear they improved on 4 a lot and that game was awesome to me so...

A Papyrus title that gets overlooked IMO was NASCAR Legends. It used NASCAR Racing 3's engine but things were tweaked to represent the aero wars of 1970. I was able to play a demo and I kick myself 16 years later for not buying that title since it's an expensive needle in a haystack now (although eBay and Amazon can help find said needle) ah, I can still remember seeing it on an end cap at Target back in 1999. Yeah, anyway...

# 12 desperado462 @ 04/18/15 07:58 PM
Have they improved the replay system? My 6 yr old loves the game but wishes he could jump to various cars to see crashes, passes, etc like NR2003 and not stay locked on his car only

# 13 ILuvMN81 @ 04/19/15 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude

I often thought how awesome it'd be if they dove into Indycar. (I don't count Iracing. I mean, an entire game based on the IRL)
Papyrus did some IndyCar games before the IRL existed, I think they were circa 1993 and 1995. They have Wikipedia pages and some links.

Codemasters did IRL games based on 2002 and 2005, IIRC. 2002 was a good sim but I remember it looking terrible graphically. 2005 was a definite step up and looked to be headed in the right direction...but the bottom must've fallen out due to low sales or something. I had both games on the original Xbox.

All that said, I'd like to see a dedicated IRL game again as well.Not like iRacing or Grid or Forza 5 but something with the real 2015 teams, tracks and drivers and focused on just IndyCar.

# 14 BurghFan @ 05/13/15 05:20 PM
So many Project Cars and Drive Club threads to wade through in order to find this one.

Anyway, official car/sponsor list relased for NASCAR 15

Quote:

******** async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">
NASCAR 15 Official Roster

# 15 ALG @ 05/13/15 06:52 PM
Wait a minute, is this DLC for '14 or this its own game in a way? I might pick this up while waiting for Nascar '16 or whatever, but I don't have '14.

# 16 Stormyhog @ 05/14/15 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALG
Wait a minute, is this DLC for '14 or this its own game in a way? I might pick this up while waiting for Nascar '16 or whatever, but I don't have '14.
I believe it's a standalone game which is basically 14 but with new season schedule, updated 2015 paint schemes, drivers, rules & enhanced online. That's why it's only $19.99 as it is not a newly designed game just an upgraded Nascar 14. This is more to hold people over til Nascar 16 is released in the future.

# 17 ILuvMN81 @ 05/14/15 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
So many Project Cars and Drive Club threads to wade through in order to find this one.

Anyway, official car/sponsor list relased for NASCAR 15

NASCAR 15 Official Roster
Thanks for that link. Looks pretty up to date and has a few future stars (Jones and Chase E).

I get what you mean, this place is all about Project CARS (which does interest me, to be honest) and Driveclub (which I'm not really in to).

Anyway, I hope that they ironed out the issues with '14 as part of this...and unfortunately I don't see this game holding folks over until 2016. People are screaming at THE TOP OF THEIR ON-LINE LUNGS that this isn't being released for the new consoles...even if it was released for PS4 and XB1, people would continue to scream that it looks like a last gen game. No-win situation

# 18 BurghFan @ 05/15/15 12:51 PM
Jeff Gordon will be on the cover of NASCAR 15

Quote:

******** async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.